Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Possibilities of more loans

According to Ketts on Dr Kish
The emergency loan window opens next week, and Charlton could be active.

In the circumstances, Riga may feel he needs another frontman to bring his squad up to strength.

The head coach may also want to add a creative midfielder to his ranks.

Arsenal's Serge Gnabry is a name that has been mentioned. Gnabry has recently returned to the Emirates following a loan spell at West Brom.

Riga will be hoping that there are funds available to strengthen his squad, and will be keeping a keen eye on who is available.

Comments

• Makes you wonder about the wages of Watt / Vaz Te / Moussa if we're now able to be so active.

Shame we wasted money on Roger Johnson's
  • Roger Johnson's Johnson.
  • Will probably be a pay day loan.
  • I still think a wide man is necessary. Harriott, JBG, and Ceballos isn't enough...
  • midfielder Mikkel Duelund was a target for the Addicks, but they could not broker the deal in time before the window slammed shut.

The 18-year-old has been attracting lots of attention from around Europe, he has scored four goals in eleven matches and has been credited with four assists in a dazzling first season in Denmark.

Charlton failed to match FC Midjylland’s valuation and could not come to any kind of agreement and might regret missing out on the young midfielder.
  • ross1 said:

midfielder Mikkel Duelund was a target for the Addicks, but they could not broker the deal in time before the window slammed shut.

The 18-year-old has been attracting lots of attention from around Europe, he has scored four goals in eleven matches and has been credited with four assists in a dazzling first season in Denmark.

Charlton failed to match FC Midjylland’s valuation and could not come to any kind of agreement and might regret missing out on the young midfielder.

Says who?
  • As someone mentioned elsewhere, this is Matthew Benham's side so not going to happen.
  • iaitch said:

On Roger Johnson's what?

Poor footballing skills.
  • As someone mentioned elsewhere, this is Matthew Benham's side so not going to happen.

Yep, if he's championship bound it's gonna be brentford
  • Sponsored links:

• Why isn't he at Brentford already then ?
  • Duelund played really well in FC Midtjyland's Europa cup campaign, he would have been good for us.

Our squad is light but Diara and Bauer back will leave us with a pretty good squad, as long as we don't lose anyone else to injury.

I rate Riga, As does Jordan Cousins who rates him as the best manager he has ever worked with, including Chris Powell.
  • Is it possible we just could cancel Johnson's contract? Maybe others too? What a well run club we are....
  • edited February 2016

Duelund played really well in FC Midtjyland's Europa cup campaign, he would have been good for us.

Our squad is light but Diara and Bauer back will leave us with a pretty good squad, as long as we don't lose anyone else to injury.

I rate Riga, As does Jordan Cousins who rates him as the best manager he has ever worked with, including Chris Powell.

Here's the actual quote by Cousins;

“Obviously Chris Powell brought me into the first-team but other than that I think I’ve enjoyed working with Jose the most''

which I interperate as Powell being at least on a par with Riga but not Peters, Luzon or Fraye. Riga was our best option knowing how this circus performs and he appears to be making his mark. Three points Saturday and a creative midfielder loan signing and I'll be more hopeful of survival. Still early days yet to get too excited :neutral:
  • ross1 said:

midfielder Mikkel Duelund was a target for the Addicks, but they could not broker the deal in time before the window slammed shut.

Is he Highly Rated? Because that's what all our young nobodies are when we sign them.
  • @drewman @RedChaser bah humbug. Give Riga some credit. He's rated by the players and he turned things around demonstrably in his first shift and he has massively lifted them this time around. He has made short work of dead wood and I think he means business. I hope I am right.

If he had any self respect he would have told Duchatelet to f*** off.

It will all end in tears.....again.
  • @drewman @RedChaser bah humbug. Give Riga some credit. He's rated by the players and he turned things around demonstrably in his first shift and he has massively lifted them this time around. He has made short work of dead wood and I think he means business. I hope I am right.

Not long before Powell was sacked, we beat QPR at home. Yes we were God awful in that fa cup tie but I think Riga has a far tougher task this time than he did 2 years ago
  • wmcf123 said:

@drewman @RedChaser bah humbug. Give Riga some credit. He's rated by the players and he turned things around demonstrably in his first shift and he has massively lifted them this time around. He has made short work of dead wood and I think he means business. I hope I am right.

Not long before Powell was sacked, we beat QPR at home. Yes we were God awful in that fa cup tie but I think Riga has a far tougher task this time than he did 2 years ago
    Only plus is that there are 4 or 5 very poor teams around us too. It seems a lower quality league than in other years.
  • iaitch said:

On Roger Johnson's what?

'habit..'
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016

@drewman @RedChaser bah humbug. Give Riga some credit. He's rated by the players and he turned things around demonstrably in his first shift and he has massively lifted them this time around. He has made short work of dead wood and I think he means business. I hope I am right.

I hope you're right as well @c4fcdenmark. I'm not knocking the bloke but I'm not going overboard about him either. Great result at Rotherham which after 3 games is four points from nine; he's won, drawn and lost one. Tex appears to be a good signing but still very early days, Sanogo doesn't score many but neither have many of our strikers this season so might be ok at this level and Rod F has pedigree but been playing in the Middle East in the twilight of his career. As I said Riga appears to be making his mark but the proof of the pudding............

I'm far more hopeful than I was under Fraye about staying up, three points Saturday v Brissle are vital but I'm going to wait until he has been in charge for 10 games before issuing an interim report. Even then we have a very tough run in. As Curbs said don't get too low with the lows or too high with the highs, this game has a habit of kicking you in the nadgers :wink: .
  • _nam11 suggests we still need a wide man. How about Steve Evans or Peter Garland?
  • Riga was not to blame for Hull, Murray and Meire Were
  • No way can we blame Riga for the Hull debacle,he was only announced the day before the game wasn't he? Might not even have seen the squad until they arrived for the coach (or train) journey up
  • What's the limit on number of loan players in a squad/club? There were rules tightened up after Udinese B got to the playoffs. If we have Makienok, Fanni, Poyet, and Sanogo all on loan, how many more can be brought in?
  • Just the one I believe. 5 out of the sixteen can be loanees or maybe that's an older version.
  • edited February 2016
    Redrobo said:

RedChaser said:

I hope you're right as well @c4fcdenmark. I'm not knocking the bloke but I'm not going overboard about him either. Great result at Rotherham which after 3 games is four points from nine; he's won, drawn and lost one. Tex appears to be a good signing but still very early days, Sanogo doesn't score many but neither have many of our strikers this season so might be ok at this level and Rod F has pedigree but been playing in the Middle East in the twilight of his career. As I said Riga appears to be making his mark but the proof of the pudding............

I'm far more hopeful than I was under Fraye about staying up, three points Saturday v Brissle are vital but I'm going to wait until he has been in charge for 10 games before issuing an interim report. Even then we have a very tough run in. As Curbs said don't get too low with the lows or too high with the highs, this game has a habit of kicking you in the nadgers :wink: .
    It's harsh to blame Riga for the Hull defeat, considering he came in on Friday and had no training time with the players. I'd mark that down as one of the "interim" games like the Watford fiasco before Luzon got his clerarance
    Yup. 4 points out of 6 is a fairer view.
    Since when was football fair, he was officially manager / coach at Hull four points out of nine the record books will show and Sky's statisticians will show on the ticker tape across TV screens :wink:
  • You can have up to 7 players on loan at any one time, maximum of 4 on a season long loan and only 5 in the 18 man matchday squad