Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Free tickets for schools - er....

2»

Comments

• C_A_F_C said:

Caption Competition?

It's all clear Lucan, you can come out now!
  • Personally think regardless of who's idea it is or isn't it's something the club needs to be doing.
  • Statement from KM: If all the season ticket holders over 60 really want to help the club grow, why not give your season ticket to a school child. That way, we will get rid of all the over 60's who go on about how the club used to be run, and stop the demonstrations, and get in young children, who will not make a fuss, and let RD run the club he's way".:-)
  • So the club have taken away tickets that the Upbeats used to receive, is that right ?
  • se9addick said:

So the club have taken away tickets that the Upbeats used to receive, is that right ?

Thats the way I read that
  • Personally think regardless of who's idea it is or isn't it's something the club needs to be doing.

Depressing the future generations of our great country? Disagree.

:-)
  • Latest part of the plan to replace us old farts with a new breed who know no better and can be mind controlled.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Caption Competition?

'Stand up if you support Charlton'
  • Oh yeah, and they will be capable of ordering their tickets on-line when the ticket office finally closes.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

So the club have taken away tickets that the Upbeats used to receive, is that right ?

Thats the way I read that
    That's disgraceful if true
  • Let's give them a Roland out sticker and a couple of banners.
  • Remember KM, todays kids will grow into old farts too
  • edited February 2016
    C_A_F_C said:

Caption Competition?

Hands up if I should slay the Wicked Witch of the West
  • edited February 2016
    Most of us were kids when we started coming along so it's often when the lifetime love affair begins. I feel a better way would be to permit season ticket holders to bring a friend. Large sections of people who have no affinity to the club create a void that deadens the atmosphere. I remember the end of season game against Hartlepool was a football-for-a-fiver game. I was surrounded by blokes getting up every five minutes to get a pint or go for a piss and overheard them discussing their own teams stadium capacity. A bloke brought two lads that spent entire game on their phones and left with 10 minutes to go this missing Powell and the players walking around the pitch wih families that was a season highlight. Not sure what the answer is but too many frees is aweful to sit amongst
  • Woah there hang on a minute.
    Even given how out of touch and deluded this regime is, I think I have read that the Upbeats used to get 10 free season tickets to use, but (for this season?) that has been stopped.
    Now I know the club put the boot into over 60's season ticket holders last year, but I really don't believe that any person at Charlton Athletic would stoop as low as to stop the 10 upbeats season tickets, when they make a big thing about the Community Trust and try to bask in that glory and claim the credit for it.
    I am going to take some convincing that Tony Cojone, or Palace Mandy or Katrien would actually do this. Surely not?
  • Well if Bromley Graham could kindly come back and clarify that would be useful?

I would imagine that when the Upbeats are due an appearance on the pitch when there is any kind of event, the Community Trust would receive the relevant amount of comps for the event.

• Didn't realise the roll out of freebies to schools had stopped under this lot.

I Will find out more about Upbeats tomorrow
  • edited February 2016
  • edited February 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• The school picture with the Mascot ?

Is that a school near Barnes ?

Wasn't that going to be the new catchment area that
    Katrien Meire was after ?
  • C_A_F_C said:

Caption Competition?

Not the only helmet at the club.
  • edited February 2016

The school picture with the Mascot ?

Is that a school near Barnes ?

Wasn't that going to be the new catchment area that
    Katrien Meire was after ?

If so, she might have a job. Obviously there are other football clubs in that area already, but there is a massive rugby following in that part of London too. I doubt there are many potential fans that aren't already doing something on a Saturday that might want to fight their way across London to The Valley. I used to live in Twickenham and getting to The Valley from there could often take a couple of hours.
  • My understanding is that in previous years the Club gave the equivalent of 10 season tickets to the Trust to be used whenever the Upbeats were in attendance. This was stopped this season and now they have to pay to attend. The Club would also issue comp tickets on occasion as well. The schools have not been given Upbeat tickets, there are enough empty seats available!. I was just saying that the largesse of old has been replaced by the 'sweat the asset' ethos of our Belgian Godfather. The Club does not give any cash to the Upbeats hence the continual need to fund raise.
  • The little feckers will be voting for the re-introduction of corporal punishment after Saturday. That's just cruel...
  • I Will find out more about Upbeats tomorrow

Did you find out whether they still have free STs? I've just mentioned it on Twitter and have been told that there are still free tickets.

If so, apologies @Ollywozere and thanks for the reply/correction.
  • T.C.E said:

And yet the Upbeats now have to buy their tickets when they attend and have lost the 10 free season tickets that they used to get last season. Next time they come on the pitch to celebrate an award at half time, remember the Community Trust had to pay to let them attend. Paying customers like the rest of us although 'The Club' loves the reflected Glory.

Can we contribute Anyway
    I gave my season ticket money via various ways to the Upbeats, I'd be reluctant to buy the season tickets for them purely because then they (KM & RD) would be indirectly getting my cash. I'd rather help finance the Christmas party to end all Christmas Parties (maybe the Meridian club) for the Upbeats or assist one of the Upbeats with some sort of personal sponsorship simular to what Curb_it organised for the players. Maybe Terry & Co has one or two parents who struggle financially to get to SL on a weekly basis, Id rather give to them guys personally. Although I wouldn't put it past this lot to try and stop our involvement with the Upbeats, anyone that would consider laying on Childrens entertainment in the vicinity of advanced notice of a protest (albeit peaceful) would stop at nothing to score points.
    This......