Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Free tickets for schools - er....

Sad to see Katrien Meire stepping up her use of kids as human shields. We're meant to be impressed that primary school kids are getting free tickets, even though this was always the case, even in the Premier League (and not just in Greenwich).

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-tickets-cardiff-city-greenwich-schools-2936643.aspx#0yqyi5ZdkdhQZFGX.99

Comments

• And yet the Upbeats now have to buy their tickets when they attend and have lost the 10 free season tickets that they used to get last season. Next time they come on the pitch to celebrate an award at half time, remember the Community Trust had to pay to let them attend. Paying customers like the rest of us although 'The Club' loves the reflected Glory.

Really?! That's shit.
  • And yet the Upbeats now have to buy their tickets when they attend and have lost the 10 free season tickets that they used to get last season. Next time they come on the pitch to celebrate an award at half time, remember the Community Trust had to pay to let them attend. Paying customers like the rest of us although 'The Club' loves the reflected Glory.

I didn't know that ... this is wrong.
  • shameful
  • The Community Trust is separate from the Club and has to pay its way. Not sure if they have to pay for the use of Sparrows Lane for training on saturdays, if not, at least the Club helps there.
    This is why the Upbeats need their support from Charlton Life and hold fund raising quiz nights etc. There is a plan to hold another walk although i doubt our CEO will attend this time!
  • Shocking..... Hopefully there is a walk and she is there, l'll bring JJ who is at that teenager "f*** off I hate everyone stage of adolescence" ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Shocking..... Hopefully there is a walk and she is there, l'll bring JJ who is at that teenager "f*** off I hate everyone stage of adolescence" ;)

Can't you just instruct one of your dogs to attack?

• Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

What's the problem with giving tickets away to local schools ?

It's child cruelty, that's what.

That is a disgrace, can't somebody get this in the local rag as a headline.
  • edited February 2016

And yet the Upbeats now have to buy their tickets when they attend and have lost the 10 free season tickets that they used to get last season. Next time they come on the pitch to celebrate an award at half time, remember the Community Trust had to pay to let them attend. Paying customers like the rest of us although 'The Club' loves the reflected Glory.

That is a disgrace, can't somebody get this in the local rag as a headline.
    It might jeopardise any other help support they may get from the club though (still disgraceful if true though)
  • PL54 said:

What's the problem with giving tickets away to local schools ?

The little darlings knocking over their coke bottles and needing to go to the toilet every 10 minutes. Plus total disinterest in Charlton and spending the entire game on their smartphones seeing if Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea winning.

Caption Competition?

Give them a anti roland/katrien banner at ht
  • Sponsored links:

• Caption competition.................Remember they don't like it up em' !!!
  • All part of the 20,000 campaign. Remember, us oldies are not wanted ;-(
  • sarge1g said:

Caption competition.................Remember they don't like it up em' !!!

Better still, get them to design their own banner, obviously giving them the theme, then see if the stewards take it down
  • C_A_F_C said:

Caption Competition?

Oooooh what a night!!!
  • sralan said:

All part of the 20,000 campaign. Remember, us oldies are not wanted ;-(

That maybe the case and if so, I'm actually enjoying spending time with my wife. We get out early with the dogs together returning home to eat a breakfast together, no more doing my own thing because I need to get the dogs exercised before meeting the Valley Express for the 2 hour, six stop journey to The Valley and not returning until 7.30 in the evening. The longer it goes on if I'm honest, I can't see me returning, maybe a one off game but other than that I think Im done.

Can we contribute Anyway
  • T.C.E said:

And yet the Upbeats now have to buy their tickets when they attend and have lost the 10 free season tickets that they used to get last season. Next time they come on the pitch to celebrate an award at half time, remember the Community Trust had to pay to let them attend. Paying customers like the rest of us although 'The Club' loves the reflected Glory.

Can we contribute Anyway
    I gave my season ticket money via various ways to the Upbeats, I'd be reluctant to buy the season tickets for them purely because then they (KM & RD) would be indirectly getting my cash. I'd rather help finance the Christmas party to end all Christmas Parties (maybe the Meridian club) for the Upbeats or assist one of the Upbeats with some sort of personal sponsorship simular to what Curb_it organised for the players. Maybe Terry & Co has one or two parents who struggle financially to get to SL on a weekly basis, Id rather give to them guys personally. Although I wouldn't put it past this lot to try and stop our involvement with the Upbeats, anyone that would consider laying on Childrens entertainment in the vicinity of advanced notice of a protest (albeit peaceful) would stop at nothing to score points.
    Great point mate

Can I contribute to any of the above