Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford tickets

Comments

• Options
    Anyone taking the train from Kent? National rail saying its a 2.5hr journey from Bexley..!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    jamescafc said:

Anyone taking the train from Kent? National rail saying its a 2.5hr journey from Bexley..!!!

I'm Bexley to Waterloo East, walk to Waterloo (5mins) then to Brentford

Hour half top.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/BEXLEY/BRENTFORD/05/03/16/10/45/Leave After//////Leave After/1/0//

I hour 42 mins. (40 mins wait from arriving at Waterloo East to train leaving Waterloo).
  • Options

much like fulham a few weeks back usually would have a good crowd, but as to the shit being served up a few of ours just not bothering, start of the week there was 14 of us meeting at waterloo now a mere 6, people find other stuff to do and better things to do with there saturdays, expect our away attendances to get progressively worse next season.

Maybe they're too worried about upsetting the opposition fans.
  • Options
    Caved in, see some of you there. Up the reds
  • Options

Caved in, see some of you there. Up the reds

Good man if we win you'll have to go to the remaining aways as our lucky mascot, you do realise that don't you :wink: .
  • Options
    My away record over the last ten years tells you that won't be very likely...
  • Options
    edited March 2016

It's got to change some time, we'll revisit this this evening, enjoy.
  • Options

So if we lose today we will know it's your fault...
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Now I've written that I'm struggling to think of the last away game i saw us win...

Was last season the game when we won at Reading ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know a decent pub around Kew Gardens for food and showing the Spurs game?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Now I've written that I'm struggling to think of the last away game i saw us win...

Yes 1-0, the rousing rendition of the 'Bob Peters has got no hair' song you must have joined in with that surely?
  • Options

OK, here's some classic Charlton Life info. Trains at 07 and 37 from Waterloo, takes 30 minutes. There's no longer a pub on every corner, one of them has closed, the Royal Oak. Suggestion is get the train to Brentfotd, cross the railway bridge and have one in the Kings Arms. Or get off at Kew Bridge, out the station turn right to the Express. Leave 20 minutes to get to the away end, they'll tell you where to go. Dunno about Gunnersbury being a short walk - I would jump on a bus outside the station, they all go to nearer the ground. Best tube option is Piccadilly to South Ealing then across the road, 65 bus for 10 minutes.

My fault. South Ealing closed. Train to Brentford the best bet, tube people can go to Ealing Broadway and bus (or cab about £12).
  • Options
    Northfields is not too far either. Just a walk down Boston Manor Road and a couple of decent pubs in Northfields.
  • Options

OK, here's some classic Charlton Life info. Trains at 07 and 37 from Waterloo, takes 30 minutes. There's no longer a pub on every corner, one of them has closed, the Royal Oak. Suggestion is get the train to Brentfotd, cross the railway bridge and have one in the Kings Arms. Or get off at Kew Bridge, out the station turn right to the Express. Leave 20 minutes to get to the away end, they'll tell you where to go. Dunno about Gunnersbury being a short walk - I would jump on a bus outside the station, they all go to nearer the ground. Best tube option is Piccadilly to South Ealing then across the road, 65 bus for 10 minutes.

My fault. South Ealing closed. Train to Brentford the best bet, tube people can go to Ealing Broadway and bus (or cab about £12).
    A good day to be a Brentford Addick !!
  • Options
    Ordered a ticket on Wednesday, still hasn't arrived. Girl in the Cafc ticket office told me to go to Brentford and they'd print one out for me. Can't understand why they were incapable of sending me a ticket, and not exactly confident that it'll all work out when I get there...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Ordered a ticket on Wednesday, still hasn't arrived. Girl in the Cafc ticket office told me to go to Brentford and they'd print one out for me. Can't understand why they were incapable of sending me a ticket, and not exactly confident that it'll all work out when I get there...

It's amazing how many S/T's & tickets that the club send out that never arrive.

They've possibly got wrong addresses.

I can honestly say I can't recall any of my mail ever going missing in the post (I'm sure it has but can't recall any).
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Yes 1-0, the rousing rendition of the 'Bob Peters has got no hair' song you must have joined in with that surely?
    Ah yes. I also saw us win at Cardiff last season

This season by contrast it's been

1-0 loss at MKD
    2-1 loss at Colchester
    6-0 loss at Hull
    3-0 loss at Fulham

At least I won't be going with any false level of expectancy...
  • Options
    Getting ready before I leave, decided last minute to give it a go.

I don't really know why I'm going tbh, part of me still doesn't want too.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

RedChaser said:

1-0 loss at MKD
    2-1 loss at Colchester
    6-0 loss at Hull
    3-0 loss at Fulham

I was fortunate to see the 1-0 win at Brum but my reversals have been pretty heavy - P6, W1, D0, L5, F3, A20 :disappointed:

Palarse 1-4
    Udders 0-5
    Hull 0-6
    Fulham 0-3
    Preston 1-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

if I didn't know better I'd think it's deliberate because they can't be that incompetent surely.
  • Options
    In the New Inn. If anyone has a couple of adult spares so save me hassle of buying at turnstiles - give me a shout.

Cheers
  • Options
    Derby 1-1
    Nigels 1-4
    Mkd 0-1
    Birmingham 1-0
    Fulham 0-3
    Brentford 1-0 (wishful thinking)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

1-0 loss at MKD
    2-1 loss at Colchester
    6-0 loss at Hull
    3-0 loss at Fulham

I was fortunate to see the 1-0 win at Brum but my reversals have been pretty heavy - P6, W1, D0, L5, F3, A20 :disappointed:

Palarse 1-4
    Udders 0-5
    Hull 0-6
    Fulham 0-3
    Preston 1-2
    I think anyone who went to both Huddersfield and Hull deserves therapy on the club :smile:
  • Options
    All you chaps at Clapham: the 1318 is only cancelled in stations until Barnes.

I just jumped on the 1311 to meet the 18 at Barnes.
  • Options
    I only saw them from the train - else I would've given them the heads up! Feel a tad guilty now tbh
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    LuckyReds said:

Getting ready before I leave, decided last minute to give it a go.

I don't really know why I'm going tbh, part of me still doesn't want too.

Same but Charlton always perform when you least expect it
  • Options
    I have a spare ticket, wouldnt mind a tenner back for it.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

All you chaps at Clapham: the 1318 is only cancelled in stations until Barnes.

I just jumped on the 1311 to meet the 18 at Barnes.

Good tip. More trains run to Barnes before avoiding the Hounslow loop, and when trains are late, SWT think its cool to skip Clapham.
  • Options

I have a spare ticket, wouldnt mind a tenner back for it.

Seated or standing?