Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deadline day - Non Charlton related

So the day has arrived where everyone at sky sports news has multiple orgasms over the course of the day by making huge stories out of what is, on any other day, pretty dull transfer activity.

Jim White makes me want to throw my tv out the window.

I'm looking forward to it! :)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Arghhh, Deadline Day. The time when Charlton fans imagine how many unknown players, unknown Managers, or unknown Belgians we can we sign in one day. More likely to get nothing apart from a piece of fine Italian Leather furniture though.
  • Options
    Been a very boring window this year really.
  • Options
    Alex Pritchard looks set to sign on loan for West Brom... Glad he's gone there as he can really show if he's up to Premier League standards now.

Alex Teixeira (No relation to Jorge); Sky reckon the deal to take him to Liverpool could still happen today, that to me sounds like Sky trying to ensure that people stay glued to SkySportsNews all day!!
  • Options
    WIGGINS ARRIVES
    Rhoys Wiggins has arrived at Bournemouth ahead of his £200,000 move from Sheffield Wednesday.

The 28-year-old Welsh defender has played just nine times for Carlos Carvalhal's side, and was understood to be keen to move elsewhere in the search of more regular action.

Don't see how he'll get regular action with Bournemouth but £200k!!... We could have got him back easily for that kind of money, unless Wednesday paid us more and would have wanted their money back (plus interest)
  • Options

WIGGINS ARRIVES
    Rhoys Wiggins has arrived at Bournemouth ahead of his £200,000 move from Sheffield Wednesday.

The 28-year-old Welsh defender has played just nine times for Carlos Carvalhal's side, and was understood to be keen to move elsewhere in the search of more regular action.

Don't see how he'll get regular action with Bournemouth but £200k!!... We could have got him back easily for that kind of money, unless Wednesday paid us more and would have wanted their money back (plus interest)

This one kinda feels Charlton related....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

WIGGINS ARRIVES

Yeah wasnt sure where to post this one...
  • Options

WIGGINS ARRIVES

But he was a busted flush for the last 12 months. Would we have wanted him back?
  • Options
    This is how you get round a Transfer Embargo...

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The more things like this happen the more likely it is the Football League investigate. You'd hope.
  • Options
    Darren Bent linked with Bristol City on loan. Sadly not Charlton related.
  • Options

Darren Bent linked with Bristol City on loan. Sadly not Charlton related.

It is as we play them very very soon.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

WIGGINS ARRIVES

Not unless we signed or sold him.. Move on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    pettgra said:

Norwich have signed Ebou Adams from Dartford. Good to see a local non league lad getting a big chance.

They've got history with Dartford now having signed Cody McDonald from them all those years ago
  • Options

Ridiculous to think that Roland could use this loophole with Alcorcon or Ujpest yet he's the one banging on about making sure FFP rules are enforced.
  • Options
    Plus, if they wanted Tony Watt that badly, could they have not pulled the same trick for him?
  • Options
    Reckon Roland should sign us someone for £5m, send him to St-Truiden (Which initially annoys us), then straight away loans the player to us (Which can annoy Meire)... I worked out that RD could do transfers like that the moment he brought us and thought it would be the best thing about the network, sadly RD doesnt seem to have the brain to do that though!!
  • Options

pettgra said:

Norwich have signed Ebou Adams from Dartford. Good to see a local non league lad getting a big chance.

They've got history with Dartford now having signed Cody McDonald from them all those years ago
    Lots of us have history with Dartford, we just don't want to talk about it!
    I never knew Cody Mcdonald played for Dartford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    pettgra said:

pettgra said:

Lots of us have history with Dartford, we just don't want to talk about it!
    I never knew Cody Mcdonald played for Dartford.
    Yeah its where he made his name... Only played 15-games for them in the 2008/09 season yet scored 14-goals during that time so was promptly snapped up by Norwich, think we were interested too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_McDonald
  • Options
    Aston Villa want £10m from Sunderland for defender Micah Richards, according to The Sun.

That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    The Rhodes deal might be back on again according to the BBC, but McCormack and Dembele seem to be staying at Fulham
  • Options

WIGGINS ARRIVES

They must be getting ready for next season in the Champs
  • Options
    LEAVING ON A JET PLANE...
    MK Dons want to sign Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on loan from QPR, according to West London Sport.

The striker has failed to hold down a regular place at Loftus Road and has fallen further down the pecking order since the arrival of Conor Washington.
  • Options
    BREAKING NEWS
    Blackburn's Jordan Rhodes traveling to Middlesbrough for talks over proposed transfer.

If that were me, I'd be seriously pissed off having to travel there twice and back
  • Options

BREAKING NEWS
    Blackburn's Jordan Rhodes traveling to Middlesbrough for talks over proposed transfer.

If that were me, I'd be seriously pissed off having to travel there twice and back

I'd be pissed off at the thought of going to Middlesborough in the first place
  • Options

The Rhodes deal might be back on again according to the BBC, but McCormack and Dembele seem to be staying at Fulham

Spurs reported to lose interest in Dembele, because Fulham insist on loaning him back
  • Options

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE...
    MK Dons want to sign Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on loan from QPR, according to West London Sport.

The striker has failed to hold down a regular place at Loftus Road and has fallen further down the pecking order since the arrival of Conor Washington.

Jay Emmanuel Thomas has been linked with absolutely every Championship club the last three/four years!
  • Options
    Milos Velkjovic from Spurs to Werder Bremen. Would have liked to have seen him back, though we have enough defensive midfielders.