Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club is NOT for sale.

124»

Comments

• Options

"We need this whole thing to fail. And fail badly for them to budge."

Your premise could be wrong Carly burn.

If we have a couple of relegation with 1500 pound a week the top wage,
    and we were down to 7000 crowds he could then prove we could break even and sell the odd young player to a championship club for a million
    or so with add ons.
    The big game would be the League 2 clash of
    CAFC V CAFC. With Charlton and Crewe having 9 academy players each with a couple of journey men to make up the number.

If we get relegated a good third of the turnover is lost immediately from central deals, i.e. TV deals. He'll lose a big chunk of ticket, commercial and hospitality revenue too - so say 50 per cent in total. We're already £5-£6m adrift and while new players will cost less, Ms Meire has been busily signing lots of players up on long deals that they won't get elsewhere, making them hard to shift. You won't get the wage bill down that easily, ditto the fixed costs of the stadium. Closing stands is peanuts. Far from breaking even, he'd be bleeding money.
    Could we arrange to put Roland & Airman together in a locked room for a couple of hours ?

AB could put to RD the basic facts regarding the financial situation at our Club , the situation should we get relegated and the common sense facts & figures which show that breaking even in the Douchatelet experiment is a pipe dream.

Guess I can dream on....

Way too sensible Fanny
  • Options

The Peter Varney emails certainly helped to intensify the protests but do we know for sure that the investor was prepared to buy if we forced RD to sell. Also as I stated before if the investor is keen to purchase the club now would be the perfect to time to come out of the shadows and declare his intentions. The lack of action in this respect leads me to think he is either no longer interested or merely wanted to invest i.e. become a part owner. Neither of these scenario's will be any use if we force RD to sell.
    It is better to protest for change until such time as a suitable purchaser is on the scene, we do not want to be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.
    Fans are frustrated including me but I do not see the point of forcing him out with no credible plan for what comes next.
    Lets get behind the team and help them to stay in the Championship, come the end of the season we may find that the appointment of Riga and a change in transfer policy has worked its magic, if not we do not renew our season tickets until real change is evident.

The buyer was willing to buy Charlton. Airman Brown has confirmed that and I've been told the same by other sources.

The plan was to buy the entire club not to be part owner.

Peter Varney was acting on their behalf. It was not the owners of Ebbsfleet.

It is quite common for very wealthy owners to want to keep their identity a secret until later in negotiations to prevent the price being increased. For example my house is not for sale. If Bill Gates knocks on the door and asks to buy it I might be tempted to say "Yes, but it will cost you £2m" (a lot more than it is worth) because I know Bill Gates is loaded and can afford £2m. NB Bill Gates is NOT the buyer to the best of my knowledge.

As for the "lack of action" we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, or at least I don't. Obviously Colin does.

My view is that the initial contact to Roland was made in August '15 when the club was doing well at the start of the season. KM delayed any meeting and so now the club is threatened with relegation and a potential £7m+ drop in income and so a less attractive proposition. Varney's Kuwaiti buyers may have lost interest or may be waiting to see what division the club is in next season and be reviewing their offer based on that.

Interestingly at the time that the news of Varney's buyers were made public I bumped into another former CAFC director who told me "The problem is (Roland) doesn't want to sell because if he did I've got a group of people who want to buy the club".

So there is other interest. Of course, interest is not the same as a done deal and may not get passed due dillegence if even that far but regardless there are multiple potential buyers out there.

Have these potential owners only come into money in the last couple of years?

I doubt the spivs would have put up much of a fight if there was money on the table.
  • Options

The Peter Varney emails certainly helped to intensify the protests but do we know for sure that the investor was prepared to buy if we forced RD to sell. Also as I stated before if the investor is keen to purchase the club now would be the perfect to time to come out of the shadows and declare his intentions. The lack of action in this respect leads me to think he is either no longer interested or merely wanted to invest i.e. become a part owner. Neither of these scenario's will be any use if we force RD to sell.
    It is better to protest for change until such time as a suitable purchaser is on the scene, we do not want to be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.
    Fans are frustrated including me but I do not see the point of forcing him out with no credible plan for what comes next.
    Lets get behind the team and help them to stay in the Championship, come the end of the season we may find that the appointment of Riga and a change in transfer policy has worked its magic, if not we do not renew our season tickets until real change is evident.

The buyer was willing to buy Charlton. Airman Brown has confirmed that and I've been told the same by other sources.

It is quite common for very wealthy owners to want to keep their identity a secret until later in negotiations to prevent the price being increased. For example my house is not for sale. If Bill Gates knocks on the door and asks to buy it I might be tempted to say "Yes, but it will cost you £2m" (a lot more than it is worth) because I know Bill Gates is loaded and can afford £2m. NB Bill Gates is NOT the buyer to the best of my knowledge.

As for the "lack of action" we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, or at least I don't. Obviously Colin does.

My view is that the initial contact to Roland was made in August '15 when the club was doing well at the start of the season. KM delayed any meeting and so now the club is threatened with relegation and a potential £7m+ drop in income and so a less attractive proposition. Varney's Kuwaiti buyers may have lost interest or may be waiting to see what division the club is in next season and be reviewing their offer based on that.

Interestingly at the time that the news of Varney's buyers were made public I bumped into another former CAFC director who told me "The problem is (Roland) doesn't want to sell because if he did I've got a group of people who want to buy the club".

So there is other interest. Of course, interest is not the same as a done deal and may not get passed due dillegence if even that far but regardless there are multiple potential buyers out there.

Have these potential owners only come into money in the last couple of years?

I doubt the spivs would have put up much of a fight if there was money on the table.
    No idea as I don't know who the buyers (either of them) are or where their money has come from. maybe they have sold another company or have found others to form a consortium.

We do know that they is a lot, lot more money in the premiership now that there was a couple of years ago though.
  • Options
    wasnt it suggested on here that a lot of potential buyers were put off by TJ's del boy persona and, unfortunately for us, would've waited until administration to buy the club for peanuts, rather than give TJ any of their money. RD, who we all know now has far more money than sense, didn't care and bought the club.
  • Options
    just looked up tony jiminez and this video came up. Looks like Tone's looking for a job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB6hknYRq78
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    These cautious types who keep saying "if RD goes then what?" are really starting to piss me off. If you're unhappy in a relationship with your girlfriend or wife are you that spineless that you stay with them out of fear of never being able to find anyone else? Get a grip FFS!
  • Options

wasnt it suggested on here that a lot of potential buyers were put off by TJ's del boy persona and, unfortunately for us, would've waited until administration to buy the club for peanuts, rather than give TJ any of their money. RD, who we all know now has far more money than sense, didn't care and bought the club.

Actually I think RD got a good deal at a good time. The Spivs had been asking for £35m. By Jan 14 they were skint and willing to sell for £11m plus £3m if we stayed up. There was also a £1m agents fee but I'm not sure which side paid that.

So RD got us cheap when we were a distressed company (5th from bottom, mud heap of a pitch, etc etc).

He saw the network and the then Fair Play rules as a quick way to prove his way is better.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

"We need this whole thing to fail. And fail badly for them to budge."

Your premise could be wrong Carly burn.

If we have a couple of relegation with 1500 pound a week the top wage,
    and we were down to 7000 crowds he could then prove we could break even and sell the odd young player to a championship club for a million
    or so with add ons.
    The big game would be the League 2 clash of
    CAFC V CAFC. With Charlton and Crewe having 9 academy players each with a couple of journey men to make up the number.

If we get relegated a good third of the turnover is lost immediately from central deals, i.e. TV deals. He'll lose a big chunk of ticket, commercial and hospitality revenue too - so say 50 per cent in total. We're already £5-£6m adrift and while new players will cost less, Ms Meire has been busily signing lots of players up on long deals that they won't get elsewhere, making them hard to shift. You won't get the wage bill down that easily, ditto the fixed costs of the stadium. Closing stands is peanuts. Far from breaking even, he'd be bleeding money.
    Could we arrange to put Roland & Airman together in a locked room for a couple of hours ?

AB could put to RD the basic facts regarding the financial situation at our Club , the situation should we get relegated and the common sense facts & figures which show that breaking even in the Douchatelet experiment is a pipe dream.

Guess I can dream on....

Way too sensible Fanny
    Roland can explain how he has become a multi-multi millionaire and can frankly afford to do what the F he wants and Airman can explain the nuances of local government and value of Arial 10
  • Options

I believe the £14m purchase price is part of the £25m that they say they have "invested" not additional.

If they had spent £12.5m a year then we have precious little to show for it.

They are expensive hobbies these football clubs aren't they?

You can see, however, why I am not 100% convinced that serious buyers, with the resources to fund the club, are queuing up around the corner to drop £50 to just buy the club and take on it's debts.
    plus finishing the £10 million academy facilities which are part of a long game and, if we can
    LuckyReds said:

DOUCHER said:

LuckyReds said:

Do you believe everything KM says?
    If there is a buyer please encourage them to step forward, surely now would be a good time for them to exert pressure on the owner to sell with the fans protesting and the media coverage as leverage.
    If a truly viable buyer were to step forward I believe 100% of the fans would support them, but this buyer is yet to make themselves known???

Well I can think of one person who was representing a potential buyer who did exactly what you're suggesting, in fact, he's partly responsible for just how successful the protests have been...

Peter Varney is an employee, not the owner - why hasn't the owner stepped forward to assert pressure if he is serious? this is key to the whole thing in my view - if he does, then that is different - clubs have investment / buyout interest quite frequently but doesn't normally get very far - where were all the credible buyers 3 years ago?
    Peter Varney is an employee? I'm a bit confused by this post, but it's fair to say he was representing someone who was potentially interested in becoming an owner.

If I remember rightly, there were options other than Duchatelet 2 years ago - and it's been mentioned subsequently that Roland was actually selected out of other options. Once again, that's if my memory serves me correctly and if we've been told the truth.

So are we more attractive now than we were 3years ago or when the spics bought? If the buyer steps out and makes himself known publicly then I will believe - couldn't have wanted it that much if not so probably would have fizzled out
  • Options
    Should say spivs above
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hex said:

Just what "credible plan" do you want ? We are currently in a car being driven fast towards the edge of a cliff. The only credible plan we need is how to get out of the car. What comes after that doesn't need to be considered until the first objective is achieved.

However, you are right about one thing. We will probably need "magic" to get out of this mess !
    Calm down calm down we r ins relegation battle because of some incompetent decisions which r now being rectified I think there is a lot of dramatisation going on but I guess it adds to the fun
  • Options
    The £10m academy has no guarantee in producing good talent. I agree it is an asset but people do appear to think that it will guarantee young top class players.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    cafc999 said:

The £10m academy has no guarantee in producing good talent. I agree it is an asset but people do appear to think that it will guarantee young top class players.

I think it just mean that if we do then we don't have to give them away.
  • Options

These cautious types who keep saying "if RD goes then what?" are really starting to piss me off. If you're unhappy in a relationship with your girlfriend or wife are you that spineless that you stay with them out of fear of never being able to find anyone else? Get a grip FFS!

No but I wouldn't chuck in my job without another one to go to with a huge mortgage and a family to feed.

Why don't we use the £6k the protestors have raised to take the club on. We'd probably be able to keep out of administration until tomorrow, but at least we wouldn't be spineless!

Your comparison is just plainly ridiculous!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cafc999 said:

We will still give them away, we always do
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

PL54 said:

cafc999 said:

We will still give them away, we always do
    By FA rules at certain ages. It's the whole point of Cat A / 1. I am sure someome else has the details.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

Just what "credible plan" do you want ? We are currently in a car being driven fast towards the edge of a cliff. The only credible plan we need is how to get out of the car. What comes after that doesn't need to be considered until the first objective is achieved.

However, you are right about one thing. We will probably need "magic" to get out of this mess !
    Calm down calm down we r ins relegation battle because of some incompetent decisions which r now being rectified I think there is a lot of dramatisation going on but I guess it adds to the fun
    I notice you didn't answer my question !
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

And they conveniently forget the significant costs of running a top level academy.
  • Options

Suggest you assess what is going on, consider what is actually wrong and what is going right, get some balance.
    The first team performance this year aided by the managerial debacle has been a shambles, they have taken steps to address this by bring back Riga and now we hope they back him with some decent signings. The U18's and U21's success, the player development that continues to produce 1st team players and the Sparrows Lane development are all positives. We have a well maintained stadium and no fears of not being able to pay the wage bill.
    I'm as frustrated as anyone with some of the poor decision making and KM's ridiculous initiatives and comments but I am not at the point yet where I want to force the owner out casting the club into potential jeopardy.
    If things do not improve a season ticket boycott would have far more impact on the owners decision making process than protesting in a car park ever will and less disruptive to the players whilst they are trying to concentrate on winning games.
    Be careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    Hex said:

cafc999 said:

And they conveniently forget the significant costs of running a top level academy.
    It's not your money
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

Hex said:

cafc999 said:

It's not your money
    Your right but when RD realises how much it costs he will then say 'No more money'
  • Options

Actually I think RD got a good deal at a good time. The Spivs had been asking for £35m. By Jan 14 they were skint and willing to sell for £11m plus £3m if we stayed up. There was also a £1m agents fee but I'm not sure which side paid that.

So RD got us cheap when we were a distressed company (5th from bottom, mud heap of a pitch, etc etc).

He saw the network and the then Fair Play rules as a quick way to prove his way is better.
    We drop into the 1st division and RD has the problem of fans not renewing their season tickets and increasing costs/losses, his options are change his approach or sell up.
    Finding a buyer with sufficient funds to buy him out without realising a large loss will be a difficult ask, especially since we would be at least two seasons away from the premiership.
    Changing his approach would be the obvious thing to do. He doesn't want to sell and I assume he doesn't want to make increased losses. A change in approach will surely be the outcome, it's a case of getting the right message across and how it is conveyed.
  • Options

We drop into the 1st division and RD has the problem of fans not renewing their season tickets and increasing costs/losses, his options are change his approach or sell up.
    Finding a buyer with sufficient funds to buy him out without realising a large loss will be a difficult ask, especially since we would be at least two seasons away from the premiership.
    Changing his approach would be the obvious thing to do. He doesn't want to sell and I assume he doesn't want to make increased losses. A change in approach will surely be the outcome, it's a case of getting the right message across and how it is conveyed.
    What you say makes perfect sense.

The issue is that nothing RD does makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

what was your question? credible plan? - there has to be a guaranteed buyer if we are serious about fcorcing him to sell - what happens if there isn't and why have they not stepped forward publicly if they are that serious?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

what was your question? credible plan? - there has to be a guaranteed buyer if we are serious about fcorcing him to sell - what happens if there isn't and why have they not stepped forward publicly if they are that serious?
    Well we know that one potential buyer's representitive has tried to make contact and he has confirmed that they have sufficient funds to purchase the club and fund a team capable of challenging for the Prem.
  • Options
    Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

Well we know that one potential buyer's representitive has tried to make contact and he has confirmed that they have sufficient funds to purchase the club and fund a team capable of challenging for the Prem.
    who are they exactly though - is that info in the public domain?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

who are they exactly though - is that info in the public domain?
    No, it's not in the public domain and as KM refused to meet PV she won't know either.
  • Options
    Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

With all due respect so does RD. Also there is no guarantee that those that made initial approach six months ago still want to buy the club and by the time due diligence is done relegation (or the likelihood of it) could affect their decision.

All of which I think is irrelevant as, even though we don't know what his actual plans are, RD seems happy to invest a lot of money which suggests that he is not going to sell any time soon.