Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club is NOT for sale.

She makes that abundantly clear.

We need this whole thing to fail. And fail badly for them to budge.

There's always something for her to cling onto. In this case Riga. It's the last shred of credibility they've got.
I'm sorry to say it but we will need more thumpings with Riga in charge for them to realise that they have absolutely no answers to the football side of this business and just how big a hole they have dug for us.

League one wasn't all that bad was it?

Comments

• Options
    Everything has a price.

She keeps saying this as if Roland sells then she goes back to being a nobody.
  • Options
    Yes it was
  • Options

Yes it was

Prepare yourself then!
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Everything has a price.

A price that I doubt anyone is willing to pay.

Roland will not give this up easily.
  • Options
    We don't know where bottom is with this these arse---holes
  • Options

Warning: if attendances drop to abysmal levels, we fall into Roland's 'trap' of no longer needing the 27,000 capacity Valley - enabling him to sell the asset and cover his losses. Don't you people see that his 'strategy' is to liquidate assets where possible - this is the only plausible reason why he would retain an interest in a loss-making foreign, failing football team. Wake up people.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They got Riga in as he was a) the only attainable option due to circumstances and the hole they have dug themselves and b) our fans have a soft spot for him after him 'saving' us from relegation. I'm afraid regardless of words this man keeps returning under RD's strings, he may look to slyly speak against him but with him gone it gets tougher and tougher for RD. No credible manager will work under him, and he will be forced upon a larger change - we need that.
  • Options
    well he might be rich but you only have to look at his time at FC Carl Zeiss Jena (the once big East German Team) and since Roland has been there he has managed to keep them stagnating in the fourth tier of the German leagues (equivalent to our conference) and look likely to stay there this season. I presume due to lack of investment?

this could be our fate.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Everything has a price.

She's a nobody now.
    True, but she is a nobody at a football club which is better than a nobody in a law firm.

Let's see how good Roland is when he realises that the price of a league 1 club is not that much.

• Options
    meldrew66 said:

Warning: if attendances drop to abysmal levels, we fall into Roland's 'trap' of no longer needing the 27,000 capacity Valley - enabling him to sell the asset and cover his losses. Don't you people see that his 'strategy' is to liquidate assets where possible - this is the only plausible reason why he would retain an interest in a loss-making foreign, failing football team. Wake up people.

You can't build on The Valley, it's designated green space, so who's going to buy it?
  • Options
    They probably haven't predicted how much revenue would drop in L1.

Roland will start to notice when he starts having to cover more losses.
  • Options
    If Lookman doesn't return Saturday it is likely the window will slam shut without a serious bid. A L1 CAFC would be lucky to get £1m for him. Umerah, Konza Edwards and the odd keeper our only saleable talent untried and unlikely to realise more. Be a while before our underage U18s mature. Great game plan Roly.
  • Options
    My usual approach to Katrien is to automatically believe the exact opposite of what she has said.

Therefore we are for sale with a 110% mortgage, 10% cash back and new carpets!
  • Options
    Didn't want to buy the fucker anyway.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

My usual approach to Katrien is to automatically believe the exact opposite of what she has said.

Therefore we are for sale with a 110% mortgage, 10% cash back and new carpets!

I would like to apologise for use of the word "We" which erroneously implies that I have more than a passing interest the the club, which, as we all know, is frankly bizarre!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If we knew that Roland would sell up in the summer if we got relegated then i would take it for sure but i don't believe he will, he will just slash the budget again to attempt to make up for the loss of earnings.

His only potential weakness is his ego or reputation IMO, if we & the media can keep up the bombardment of humiliating stories about himself and the goings on at our club then just maybe like his failure in politics he will give in and decide to get out as it is too much hassle.

So no, i want us to stay up as we are much more likely to get a new owner as a struggling Championship club one promotion from the riches above then we will as a struggling League 1 club.

Are we becoming a London version of the Mike Ashley-Newcastle United saga? Wealthy owner nobody likes.......rapid turnover of managers (some of whom were less than ideal).....peculiar transfer policy......weird set of people behind the scenes deciding on coaching and recruitment etc etc.

Ashley hasn't sold up despite the jeering and discontent. RD might react the same way. Could be that owning a London based club is such a trophy asset that he just holds on to us, and with his other 4 clubs doing ok, rides it out.
  • Options
    Re: Newcastle, probably, Jiminez was part of the bigger plan conceived by Simon Jordan. He'd be put in place first then hand over to Roland to finish us off.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Totally agree
  • Options

Re: Newcastle, probably, Jiminez was part of the bigger plan conceived by Simon Jordan. He'd be put in place first then hand over to Roland to finish us off.

Murray has dealt with Duchatelet since at least 2007...........
  • Options

Murray has dealt with Duchatelet since at least 2007...........
    Murray keeps letting his ego get in the way for what is best for CAFC
  • Options

meldrew66 said:

You can't build on The Valley, it's designated green space, so who's going to buy it?
    The pitch at Highbury is still a garden with flats around the outside. Could he get away with that?
  • Options
    You would never openly admit it's for sale anyway, that would give people leverage in negotiations. The fact she's stated that (a) it's not for sale, and (b) she gets many approaches about buying the club, suggests she wants people to know she has options and it isn't desperate for a sale.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if implying the above the actually giving her too much credit - and maybe it really isn't for sale? Who knows.

What we do know is that the figure of £50,000,000 was thrown about 6 weeks ago, that can't have come from nowhere..
  • Options
    se9addick said:

League One was awful, I don't want to go back. If we do I know who to hold responsible.

Agreed se9