Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Outrageous behaviour from our stewards today.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Did anyone intervene?

Not a judgment, but why did the stewards in question feel it was safe for them to do this?

Perhaps an air of increased hostility at matches would make them rethink their risk assessments.
  • The club is unlikely to ban anyone over this unless the steward was assaulted. It's standard practice to force the fan to have a discussion with the club, but it doesn't mean he'll be banned. He'll get his ticket back. If the steward assaulted the fan, I agree it should be pursued.

Watching from the east stand, it seemed like a silly over-reaction by the club that could have provoked more trouble than it did. The banner was harmless. The advertising excuse is so much nonsense. If the club wanted to provoke fans into bringing many more banners in future, well, it just did.

It has
  • Tavern said:

The club is unlikely to ban anyone over this unless the steward was assaulted. It's standard practice to force the fan to have a discussion with the club, but it doesn't mean he'll be banned. He'll get his ticket back. If the steward assaulted the fan, I agree it should be pursued.

Watching from the east stand, it seemed like a silly over-reaction by the club that could have provoked more trouble than it did. The banner was harmless. The advertising excuse is so much nonsense. If the club wanted to provoke fans into bringing many more banners in future, well, it just did.

It has
    And it will
  • The more I read about it and what the lady has put on Facebook page the more i infuriated it is making me. I am adamant we have to have banners at the next home game.

At all stands!
  • The more I read about it and what the lady has put on Facebook page the more i infuriated it is making me. I am adamant we have to have banners at the next home game.

Could you screenshot and post ?
  • Hope you can see some of them got the worst phone in z world
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnnyH2 said:

The club is unlikely to ban anyone over this unless the steward was assaulted. It's standard practice to force the fan to have a discussion with the club, but it doesn't mean he'll be banned. He'll get his ticket back. If the steward assaulted the fan, I agree it should be pursued.

Need to make Bristol City banner day
    I have a serious plan. Will be making a request to the fund
  • PopIcon said:

cafckev said:

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Blown out of proportion, this happened right on front of my eyes.

Happened in front of me, not sure what part of grabbing a customer by the scruff of the neck is acceptable.
    I never said it was acceptable, I just said the whole thing had been blown out of proportion.

I support the person with the banner and feel they should be able to express their feelings.

Sadly their banner wasnt fire-retardant and blocked advertising.
    Neither of which is cause to be dragged out of the ground, so which bit has been blown out of proportion?

The young lad wasn't dragged out. He walked out on his own.
    That's exactly what I saw from 3 rows behind.
  • I went down to the concourse to help him and it seemed to me, that there were more than one, getting ejected. Although they could have been leaving "willingly" with him, it appeared to me that the stewards were ejecting them.
  • I went down to the concourse to help him and it seemed to me, that there were more than one, getting ejected. Although they could have been leaving "willingly" with him, it appeared to me that the stewards were ejecting them.

His mum and brother came back but not sure if that's who you are talking about.
  • Sponsored links:

• I doubt the stewards wouldn't have acted on their own initiative to remove the banner, after all they wouldn't be able to see it stood at their posts in the north upper. I can only assume they have been instructed by the club safety officer who has clocked the banner from the control box. The club and stewards have a responsibility to prevent objects being thrown, pitch incursions and racist, homophobic or obscene chanting. Their is nothing in the FA's stadium safety best practice guidance about criticism of club ownership and to my mind the club have acted outside of the guidance just to prevent their own embarrassment (and only made it more embarrassing in the process).

The club should be getting their grovelling apology to their 'customers' in order right now.
  • Well from that video, the obvious place to put a banner is on the white border either side of the nike swoosh, cos then it's not obscuring anything :-)
  • Good point but it's OUR protest not theirs, Safety in numbers, keep them away from the banners,and get the message accross we can look after ourselves.
  • Stig said:

INGSOC landscape 7

I look forward to seeing these now, keep them coming!
  • You customers should realise that no form of protest will be allowed under our great leaders regime , it works in North Korea so why not The Valley , it's only 2% unhappy anyway
  • C_A_F_C said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v22uy1bRt5E

And LOL @ the YouTube channel it's been uploaded on.

The relevant bit is 0:37 - playing it at full screen it does look like there's a clear snatch/grab to pull him towards the staircase, done by the (supervisor?) in the blue jacket? Doesn't seem to be anything else though, unless there was initial confrontation prior to filming?
  • I can identify the supervisior in the blue jacket if needs be, he was also at the front of the protest after the game.