Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

12pm CARD STATEMENT- BOYCOTT ALL MATCHDAY PURCHASES TODAY

Comments

• £225 first prize half time draw. I think the lowest ever. It's working.
  • There's people in B&W scarves buying beers.

The scabs.
  • Queues for food and drink before kick off almost non existent. Half time is a different story unfortunately
  • BR3red said:

This is half timeimage

Is that's sam3110's pint on the right hand side? (:
  • BR3red said:

This is half timeimage

Is that's sam3110's pint on the right hand side? (:
    Half time was busy
  • It's just the beginning. All signs are there that it will grow and become an effective message.
  • edited January 2016

People wearing black & white scarves with beers and pies in the ground. Looks like we need to spell it out a bit more strongly.

Saw the same at half time. As a strange woman once said, "what weird customers" there are about ;-)

Definitely many less sticking cash over the bar though so that's nice...
  • I failed today, I spent a penny.
  • Sponsored links:

• People wearing black & white scarves with beers and pies in the ground. Looks like we need to spell it out a bit more strongly.

Trouble is, if you only announce at midday loads of people aren't going to know that's what's planned unless you've got a way of letting them know once they get to the ground.
  • Yeah there were quite a few buying teas, coffees , snacks in West Upper but far fewer pints being sold. Was sceptical at start about short notice but it worked okay for a first effort. Well done to all those handing out info outside ground for those not on social media.
  • aliwibble said:

People wearing black & white scarves with beers and pies in the ground. Looks like we need to spell it out a bit more strongly.

Trouble is, if you only announce at midday loads of people aren't going to know that's what's planned unless you've got a way of letting them know once they get to the ground.
    Sorry Aliwibble should have been clearer. I would expect people to be boycotting catering /merchandise anyway especially when they are aware of the spell it out protest
  • Thought this was a good idea so quite disappointed to see so many people buying programmes and refreshments. I realise that you can't persuade everyone to follow but for one game it doesn't seem too much to ask. Its been said that people won't know about the idea but there was leaflets given out explaining the plan. There are plenty of places to buy food and drink outside the ground so don't see the problem.
  • cafctom said:

A flash protest for me is where people actually DO something, rather than refrain from doing it.

Hundreds of people will have planned to meet in Crossbars or will have kids that will want stuff in the ground.

Can't see this doing much. Was expecting something a bit more.

I disagree, even by going into Crossbars you can still protest by not buying a drink or food!
    I don't wish to appear superior, but I haven't bought a drink for some time. I have explained to my mates that this is a matter of principal.
  • cafctom said:

A flash protest for me is where people actually DO something, rather than refrain from doing it.

Hundreds of people will have planned to meet in Crossbars or will have kids that will want stuff in the ground.

Can't see this doing much. Was expecting something a bit more.

I disagree, even by going into Crossbars you can still protest by not buying a drink or food!
    I don't wish to appear superior, but I haven't bought a drink for some time. I have explained to my mates that this is a matter of principal.
    Nor me, Wheresmeticket!
  • It didn't happen.
  • Redskin said:

It didn't happen.

What didn't happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it okay to use the toilets ?

No, Piss in Pat's pocket
  • Does anyone have any idea how much of an impact this had on match day sales?

I noticed the north stand lounge had reduced by about 2/3's. Not sure what the other area was being used for.
  • Redskin said:

It didn't happen.

What didn't happen?
    The boycotting of shitty beer and food.

• Redskin said:

Redskin said:

It didn't happen.

What didn't happen?

Oh I see. So the photos of the empty bars were Photoshopped. I feel so silly now.
  • Redskin said:

Redskin said:

It didn't happen.

What didn't happen?

Oh I see. So the photos of the empty bars were Photoshopped. I feel so silly now.
    Oh, the photos. You weren't actually there then?
  • Looked pretty busy at half time to me unfortunately. Guy who sits next to me said that he spent time in the bar (Crossbars?) and Katrien was there and he talked to her. She said that a lot of things had been "spun" deliberately etc. Strangely, he seemed to be won over. Love the guy but was surprised.
  • It's amazing, really. All those fans, newspapers and now TV, together with the League table and the evidence of people's own eyes, misrepresenting poor Katrien.

Not to forget we won worst run club last week!
  • The queues were shorter at half time, takings would have been down.

I'm a scab here though because there is no way I'm not having pint and my son isn't having a hotdog at half time. Both of us would go mental otherwise.

We support the team, we protest together before (disappointing not to have a before protest) and after (had to leave after the flares, which should have Been later I think) but this not enjoying your day out so as to not influence the regime at all bull shit is rubbish.

I was proud of the way we got behind the team today, my son expected that we would lose by at least 3

This is not the end, not even the start of the end. Duchatelet doesn't want it to end and so we need to keep pressure on to make sure he thinks again.