Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club blocks players from attending supporter meetings

13»

Comments

• not unexpected surely .. the regime would construe such player participation as fraternising with the enemy
  • edited January 2016
    No win situation for the players. They can't say anything negative about the club and the fans would Give them Pelters for avoiding the questions.
  • cabbles said:

Karel Fraeye and Hendo were due to attend. For obvious reasons, Karel was no longer attending and Hendo is now unable to attend.
    The club tried to find a replacement (I was tasked with this alongside our Player Liaison Officer) but others, understandably, aren't exactly queing up to take his place.
    Jon Fortune attended the U21 fixture this afternoon and he was asked by the club if he would be up for it. Thankfully, he agreed!
    That's the long and the short of it folks.

I'd still like an evening with KF. We never got his thoughts post H'field. I need closure on his time here. Be like a missing piece of an ancient religious script people are searching for for years to come
    We still haven't got the full thoughts of Luzon! he still lives in the UK?
  • Will still be on RD's payroll, so he wouldn't want to lose that retainer
  • cabbles said:

Karel Fraeye and Hendo were due to attend. For obvious reasons, Karel was no longer attending and Hendo is now unable to attend.
    The club tried to find a replacement (I was tasked with this alongside our Player Liaison Officer) but others, understandably, aren't exactly queing up to take his place.
    Jon Fortune attended the U21 fixture this afternoon and he was asked by the club if he would be up for it. Thankfully, he agreed!
    That's the long and the short of it folks.

I'd still like an evening with KF. We never got his thoughts post H'field. I need closure on his time here. Be like a missing piece of an ancient religious script people are searching for for years to come
    We still haven't got the full thoughts of Luzon! he still lives in the UK?
    Guy and his wife, came across as a really nice couple.

Could Mrs Luzon answer the questions thou as most of us struggled to understand what he was on about. I include the players in that remark !
  • I'm not turning up at the next meeting either.... so ner!
  • Is Lloyd Doyley the 2015/16 version of Cory Gibbs ?

• Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

I don't blame him or any of the players for not wanting to come either. Now is not the time to be sending them out and firing questions at them, most of which they won't be able to answer, when their confidence is shot.

I completely agree with this.

There seems to be a block on Twitter too - I've hardly seen anything of the players.

It is for the best - they need to get their heads down and get some results. This isn't the time for "peacocking" about their amazing lifestyles and celebrity friends. This is a time to knuckle down and sort their shit out. The fans forum would be an absolute disaster

Agreed. Similarly, tweets about how the players are upset and hurting, and will resolve to put things right next game get a bit repetitive after a while...
  • Sponsored links:

• At the moment I think its a good idea that the manager and players dont have anything to take their focus off trying to get us out of the dog turd we are currently stood in.
  • Maybe not what Hendo needs right now, what i want to know is where is Katrien in all of this?
  • PL54 said:

I'd personally prefer Riga and the players to concentrate on training, preparing for games and the relegation battle rather than Twitter and supporters' branch meetings.

When RM talked/ wrote about communication a couple of weeks ago I am sure he didn't mean the Left Back's thoughts on proceedings and I only hope that's not what Spell It Out meant either.

I don't disagree with the need to concentrate on the relegation battle but it's not as though the players are going to be on lock down is it? It's not as though we are taking players out of training or asking them to miss games to attend these events is it?

I don't have a problem with the player not fancying it, under the circumstances, all be it that I doubt his stock could, or ever will be, as high with the Charlton fans as it is right now. I was going to go just because it was Henderson coming, and not to give him a tough time.

It wasn't helpful that it was cancelled four days before the event, specially when it was, actually, booked last year.

There is something more sinister that has pi$$ed me off but, without breaking confidences, I can't disclose it, but needless to say I'm not very impressed, although that's nothing new with how the club is run recently!
  • PL54 said:

I'd personally prefer Riga and the players to concentrate on training, preparing for games and the relegation battle rather than Twitter and supporters' branch meetings.

When RM talked/ wrote about communication a couple of weeks ago I am sure he didn't mean the Left Back's thoughts on proceedings and I only hope that's not what Spell It Out meant either.

I don't disagree with the need to concentrate on the relegation battle but it's not as though the players are going to be on lock down is it? It's not as though we are taking players out of training or asking them to miss games to attend these events is it?

I don't have a problem with the player not fancying it, under the circumstances, all be it that I doubt his stock could, or ever will be, as high with the Charlton fans as it is right now. I was going to go just because it was Henderson coming, and not to give him a tough time.

It wasn't helpful that it was cancelled four days before the event, specially when it was, actually, booked last year.

There is something more sinister that has pi$$ed me off but,
    without breaking confidences, I can't disclose it, but needless to say I'm not very impressed, although that's nothing new with how the club is run recently!
    oooohhh, give us a clue!
  • Bovril being replaced by a 'meat based beverage' ?
  • edited January 2016
    -
  • edited January 2016

PL54 said:

There is something more sinister that has pi$$ed me off but, without breaking confidences, I can't disclose it, but needless to say I'm not very impressed, although that's nothing new with how the club is run recently!
    Come on, @kingshilladdick, that's a Sue Parkes-like tease. Give us a clue ...
  • 1StevieG said:

rikofold said:

POTY might be an opportunity for boycott, given that the club seems to have wrested control from Jean and Iain.

Struggling to pick out one player who deserves this award....Hendo probably just for talking to the press after Hudds game.
    Ceballos for that corner!

Sunshine through the tears.
  • 1StevieG said:

rikofold said:

POTY might be an opportunity for boycott, given that the club seems to have wrested control from Jean and Iain.

Struggling to pick out one player who deserves this award....Hendo probably just for talking to the press after Hudds game.
    Ceballos for that corner!

Sunshine through the tears.
    Ceballos must be the one player who's pleased that we're playing so shite as all the talk becomes about the results with the fans forgetting the corner now
  • Sponsored links:

• For those who had forgotten... This is when we had the glory matches at the start of the season

https://youtu.be/HtPDEp4dO5g
  • In all honesty, any player who turns up is going to be in the spotlight and will get difficult questions shoved their way which they really will not be in any position to answer. We can't give them a conflict of interest here - just not fair.

Need to let Riga get on with fixing the team problems without us creating any more for him.
  • It would seem that I might have got the wrong end of the stick so I feel compelled to withdraw my earlier statement about something sinister.

It wasn't my intention to mislead anyone and I was, genuinely, angry about it but now it has been explained to me I am no longer angry.

Sorry!
  • Looks like Riga has curtailed use of Twitter, may also have shut down player press talks.

I think this is a good idea. The players have to spend some time working out how to play with each other, for the club and win some games.

Their job is playing football and when they have shown they can do that, they may be allowed to become social media stars but surely loving your own social media profile comes second, especially now?
  • Best worst free kick ever. Kudos
  • There wont be one

A POTY, or Player of the year ?
  • PL54 said:

Bovril being replaced by a 'meat based beverage' ?

Don't joke about that