Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I want my Charlton back

39 years following Charlton and never have I felt so despondent about the future of my club. RD and KM have between them torn the heart from within the club and alienated the vast majority of the fan base. I understand that RD is a successful businessman and so he must understand that running a business that offends the "customers" is not a successful model. I am not a customer, I am a fan. He has bought an English football club that are one tier below the financial promised land of the Premier League. As a business man surely you look at creating a plan that aims towards this. The alternative we are being given is a plan to take us to League One and a huge loss in all revenue. No one benefits. However, there is hope in that there are equally poor teams in the bottom 5 not winning games. And most frustratingly we have players who have ability and you don't lose ability. They have the ability to play our way out of the relegation places but it is now a confidence thing. This has been ripped from them by a succession of inadequate and inept coaching teams who do not understand the English Championship.
RD needs to sell while CAFC is still a viable business.
RD needs to sell so I can have my Charlton back.

Comments

• iainment said:

I do think this bleating about "my" Charlton is a bit pathetic.
    I want Charlton to be as dynamic and positive as possible but I surely don't see the club as "mine". Where does that leave the thousands of other Addicks who also have a claim.
    It's ours, it's for the people of SE London and enlightened people from other places. It's never "mine", that is what Duchatelet thinks and leads to the problems we have now.
    Rant over.

I think we know where he's coming from fella! It ain't rocket science.
  • What's the actual plan for the next 'protest' is it a protest or a boycott? I'm confused..
  • I will be at the game. As I was at Selhurst in 1985. Must support the team.
    Our Charlton, your Charlton, my Charlton!
    No to a boycott.
  • And my team would be

Henderson

Solly
    Johnson
    Lennon
    Fox

Cousins
    Poyet
    Jackson (c)

Gudmunnson
    Lookman

Vaz Te
  • 39 years following Charlton and never have I felt so despondent about the future of my club. RD and KM have between them torn the heart from within the club and alienated the vast majority of the fan base. I understand that RD is a successful businessman and so he must understand that running a business that offends the "customers" is not a successful model. I am not a customer, I am a fan. He has bought an English football club that are one tier below the financial promised land of the Premier League. As a business man surely you look at creating a plan that aims towards this. The alternative we are being given is a plan to take us to League One and a huge loss in all revenue. No one benefits. However, there is hope in that there are equally poor teams in the bottom 5 not winning games. And most frustratingly we have players who have ability and you don't lose ability. They have the ability to play our way out of the relegation places but it is now a confidence thing. This has been ripped from them by a succession of inadequate and inept coaching teams who do not understand the English Championship.

You want your Charlton Back!
    I want my Charlton Back!
    We all want our Charlton Back!
  • And my team would be

Henderson

Solly
    Johnson
    Lennon
    Fox

Cousins
    Poyet
    Jackson (c)

Gudmunnson
    Lookman

Vaz Te

what, no watt?
  • Watt is the great unknown. If he does pull on the red shirt again he could be as good a signing in January as he was last year. And certainly if Kermorgant returned then I see a front pair who will create and get goals. But I am clutching at straws .....
  • Watt is the great unknown. If he does pull on the red shirt again he could be as good a signing in January as he was last year. And certainly if Kermorgant returned then I see a front pair who will create and get goals. But I am clutching at straws .....

One thing is for sure Yann won't take any crap from TWWW.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good. We need leaders on the pitch.
  • Blackburn on Saturday
    We need 3 points and the team need the full backing of us, the supporters. We need to maintain our Championship status, with or without RD. As I have stated I want RD out of Charlton but I want to see us winning football matches.
    There will be protests, of course, and I am fully behind CARD but I urge us all to support the team in getting the win we need. League One is an outcome we need to avoid. And that means winning games against the teams around us.
  • 39 years following Charlton and never have I felt so despondent about the future of my club. RD and KM have between them torn the heart from within the club and alienated the vast majority of the fan base. I understand that RD is a successful businessman and so he must understand that running a business that offends the "customers" is not a successful model. I am not a customer, I am a fan. He has bought an English football club that are one tier below the financial promised land of the Premier League. As a business man surely you look at creating a plan that aims towards this. The alternative we are being given is a plan to take us to League One and a huge loss in all revenue. No one benefits. However, there is hope in that there are equally poor teams in the bottom 5 not winning games. And most frustratingly we have players who have ability and you don't lose ability. They have the ability to play our way out of the relegation places but it is now a confidence thing. This has been ripped from them by a succession of inadequate and inept coaching teams who do not understand the English Championship.

• And my team would be

Henderson

Solly
    Johnson
    Lennon
    Fox

Cousins
    Poyet
    Jackson (c)

Gudmunnson
    Lookman

Vaz Te

Replace anyone for Vaz Te... He really doesnt seem up for the fight.

As well I'd swap Sarr for Johnson, you might laugh but with Sarr / Lennon we didnt capitulate in Defence as badly as we have done recently
  • edited January 2016

39 years following Charlton and never have I felt so despondent about the future of my club. RD and KM have between them torn the heart from within the club and alienated the vast majority of the fan base. I understand that RD is a successful businessman and so he must understand that running a business that offends the "customers" is not a successful model. I am not a customer, I am a fan. He has bought an English football club that are one tier below the financial promised land of the Premier League. As a business man surely you look at creating a plan that aims towards this. The alternative we are being given is a plan to take us to League One and a huge loss in all revenue. No one benefits. However, there is hope in that there are equally poor teams in the bottom 5 not winning games. And most frustratingly we have players who have ability and you don't lose ability. They have the ability to play our way out of the relegation places but it is now a confidence thing. This has been ripped from them by a succession of inadequate and inept coaching teams who do not understand the English Championship.

You want your Charlton back!
    I want my Charlton back!
    He, she or it wants their Charlton back!

We all want our Charlton back!
    You (pl) want your Charlton back!
    They want their Charlton back!
    Corrected for you.

6/10. See me.
  • Actually I want your Charlton back.
  • edited January 2016
    so weve learned the owners a c*&t nothing new there, efforts need to be concentrated on getting OUR charlton back, i really think this saturday could cause him a think, i think we could well get 8k staying behind after to protest, really think this has legs, and the extra police/security costs he isnt going to like, just hope it doesnt get messy as they can lock the gates to the west stand surely and then anyone that is not in the west has no chance of getting in and thats the protest canned?.

as others have mentioned we need 3 points desperately put the shit thats been on display this season and give the starting 11 a chance.
  • Please may I as one of many Medway Addicks,crave your sympathy.Having given it large to all my local friends for many years,Gillingham are about to be playing at a higher level than Charlton,I can think of nothing more humiliating,this just about sums everything up about CAFC at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

Ah, I remember those from my menopause years....

• Great memory Fanny......

*ouch !
  • What do we want from Saturday?
    Priority = 3 points ?
    Or is it about the protests and the result on the pitch is secondary?
  • What do we want from Saturday?
    Priority = 3 points ?
    Or is it about the protests and the result on the pitch is secondary?

Sounds a bit harsh. I think the vast majority of fans are probably like myself in that I really want 3 points *and* a successful protest away from the pitch.

Points are essential for our short-term survival.
    Regime change is essential for our long-term survival.
    Both are a priority!
  • Hi just joined forum - first posting! To me the phrase 'My Charlton' 'Our Charlton' is one and the same. RD & KM are like a cancer eating away at the fabric out my/our club. Charlton is special - some like me were born and raised in SE7, others have chosen to join the family. What has recently made me proud to be part of this family is the way it has pulled together (both young and old) to take them on.
    Joe Read what a fantastic young man! But be aware Mademoiselle Meire many of the old boys (and girls!) you are so dismissive of are made of strong stuff. Childhood in war time Charlton wasn't a bed of roses and many have reached the point where enough is enough!
    In a strange way am looking forward to what Saturday will bring both on and off the pitch. I am not optimistic we can get out of this mess but whatever the outcome is for Charlton is it would be even shameful to have sat back and done nothing.

Excellent post ...Good username ..the place I lived in Charlton throughout my teens.
  • "My" Charlton is

Bolder
    Humphrey
    Minto
    Shirtliff
    Rufus
    Lee
    Parker
    Walsh
    Jensen
    Hunt
    Bent

Beat that!
  • By the way, NOTHING to do with Belgians
    , passive owners or helmets
  • stonemuse said:

Hi just joined forum - first posting! To me the phrase 'My Charlton' 'Our Charlton' is one and the same. RD & KM are like a cancer eating away at the the fabric of my/our club. Charlton is special - some like me were born and raised in SE7, others have chosen to join the family. What has recently made me proud to be part of this family is the way it has pulled together (both young and old) to take them on.
    Joe Read what a fantastic young man! But be aware Mademoiselle Meire many of the old boys (and girls!) you are so dismissive of are made of strong stuff. Childhood in war time Charlton wasn't a bed of roses and many have reached the point where enough is enough!
    In a strange way am looking forward to what Saturday will bring both on and off the pitch. I am not optimistic we can get out of this mess but whatever the outcome is for Charlton is it would be even more shameful to have sat back and done nothing.

Excellent post ...Good username ..the place I lived in Charlton throughout my teens.
    Shirley House Drive to be exact- parents moved in when estate first built just after war. I think I was about 9 when I went to first match. My dad gave up on a son after four daughters so he decided to take me and here I still am 50 years later. My children 3rd generation supporters. Sad to think that if they have children the link may be broken thanks to present regime.
  • edited January 2016
    "All your 3.30 winners and your half times"

Smelling the drains from the Sam Bartram entrance.
    Standing at the covered end right behind the goal as a boy,on a rainy day and feeling the spray on my face from a Matt Tees bullet header which rips into the Net.
    Putting £1 in a collection bucket and taking out 50p change (when i was young) To buy Ronnie Moore.
    Leaving Luton at 7-0 Down because of my lift home and missing our goal.
    My dad predicting that Michael Gray would miss that penalty at Wembley because 7-6 was the Portsmouth score from the 50's.
    Super Clive in the same match scoring that magical hat trick.

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC.

No you will never understand Katrien Meire; in a thousand and one anecdotes i could tell you.

• "All your 3.30 winners and your half times"

Smelling the drains from the Sam Bartram entrance.
    Standing at the cover end right behind the goal as a boy,on a rainy day and feeling the spray on my face from a Matt Tees bullet header which rips into the Net.
    Putting £1 in a collection bucket and taking out 50p change (when i was young) To buy Ronnie Moore.
    Leaving Luton at 7-0 Down because of my lift home and missing our goal.
    My dad predicting that Michael Gray would miss that penalty at Wembley because 7-6 was the Portsmouth score from the 50's.
    Super Clive in the same match scoring that magical hat trick.

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC.

No you will never understand Katrien Meire; in a thousand and one anecdotes i could tell you.

CAFC v Manchester United Dec 2000. True Charlton grit the whole game. Robbo equalising but even this was not enough for him.His whole body language saying 'we can do this we can beat them'. Still exciting watching on youtube even knowing the result! That's why its 'Our Charlton'