Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What can Riga do to get the players in the right mindset?

Comments

• We're in desperate need of an experienced Championship left back and two centre halves as well as a creative midfielder, a ball winner and Tony Watt. Will we get any of those?
  • Firstly he needs a new CB pairing, Bauer and someone half decent. RJ is unarsed and Williams is a season from any form (he's played 90 seconds of football in 2 years before us).

Then you can get working with something. This season, I am afraid, is a foregone conclusion. We're down with Bolton and AN other
  • How long was Bauer out for, I can't remember...
  • edited January 2016
    Is Williams even a centre half? Didn't look like one today. Also doesn't help playing Lennon at left back when we have actual left backs available.

Whoever gave Roger Johnson an 18-month contract, sorry, a contract at all, needs shooting.
  • Is Williams even a centre half? Didn't look like one today. Also doesn't help playing Lennon at left back when we have actual left backs available.

Whoever gave Roger Johnson an 18-month contract, sorry, a contract at all, needs shooting.

Was that a parting gesture from Fraeye? Think enough people are lining him up in their sights already......
  • Let Riga watch the last two games again and only play those that have really tried and are worthy of a game next Saturday. Anyone else can play in the reserves until they have proved their attitude is right. Until then. give the reserves a run out. They couldn't possibly be worse, COULD THEY?
  • edited January 2016
    If they see a couple of decent additions, and a couple of key payers (Bauer and Diarra) return to fitness, it should lift them. The manager, has to talk to them a rally them for the battle ahead too.
  • Patrick Bamford and Alex Pritchard for starters, Nightmiere should be on the phone to chelsea and spurs begging to loan these two.

Maybe, but those are weird names. Are you sure they are Belgian, as they sound horribly British to me, and we all know what the sight of a UK passport does to our owner and CEO.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's not just got to lift the confidence but also assess which of the squad have the desire. If any player doesn't want the fight, no matter how good they are, they shouldn't be picked.
  • I think he has to assess the loans in and decide whether we can do better too!
  • What can Riga do? Well he just announced in the post match press conference that Charlton needs players and we all know that's not going to happen so there we are. Nothing's gonna change, results aren't gonna improve and that's it, end of
  • iamdan said:

Paintballing. 15 v 3 (KM, RD, Muzza)

But with Dum Dums.

* I don't condone violence or warfare unless in extreme circumstances

• I personally think he should bring in an inspiration speaker. Karel Fraeye maybe.
  • Place all players on a win only salary and watch those fuc£ers sweat blood for 90 minutes every week
  • Patrick Bamford and Alex Pritchard for starters, Nightmiere should be on the phone to chelsea and spurs begging to loan these two.

Bamford has already proved himself in this league, he was the Championship POTY last season. No way is he going to be even remotely interested in coming to a relegation threatened side.
  • Place all players on a win only salary and watch those fuc£ers sweat blood for 90 minutes every week

Actually, a big staying up bonus for any loan players may help in attracting someone decent.
  • With the current set. Let them mull over it at home. Then when they come back monday watch the dvd of the game and let them constructively annalyse it and get them to write down their thoughts. It's what SCP used to do. Then work on those points on the traning field. Just making them run won't solve anything.

Speak to them as group and indervidually to get into their minds. Hopefully still bring in some fresh faces into the building.

Last time Riga was here he never ever had a whole week between games it was only 4 days at the most apart from the 5 days between Easter Monday and the following Saturday. I think he might be pleased to have a whole week of training without a game.
  • Lennon at left back should never happen again btw!
  • Sponsored links:

Strewth, they'll all be on benefit allowances by the end of February
  • Is Williams even a centre half? Didn't look like one today. Also doesn't help playing Lennon at left back when we have actual left backs available.

Yes, Williams is a centre-half. Had a very decent reputation at Middlesbrough as a tidy, ball-playing defender. Unfortunately, it was his ball-playing inclination that got him and us into big trouble yesterday.

I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me if Jason Euell, with his Boro connections, was influential in getting him to Charlton.
  • edited January 2016

Lennon at left back should never happen again btw!

I went to the Valley last season to watch the U21 against Cardiff.
    we were 2 up at H/T and lost 3-2.

Guess where Harry Lennon was playing and where Cardiff put the crosses in from, 2 of the goals came from that side.

Harry Lennon is a decent young Centre back who is learning his trade but like Joe Gomez will never be a LB, (Joe's only 2 poor games for CAFC were playing at LB. he got away with playing LB for Liverpool as at first, teams didn't target him.

As any football person Knows, Joe is Class at RB or his best position CB.
    (get fit soon Joe)
  • We are in such a surreal situation ...we need Riga to succeed because we do not want to go down ...it will take too many years to get back.

However if we don't go down RD will believe he has succeeded and just carry on as usual.

The only answer is to get him and Nightmeire out.
  • Two a day training sessions Monday-Thursday. Fitness in the morning, organization, tactics, and possession in the evenings. Get the players working hard and used to working with each other. Do some short sided games with proper goals--get players used to scoring again, even if it's only 7-a-side. Basically, do whatever you can to treat this like pre-season and have them forgetting about the last few weeks.

One of the things that gives me the most hope is that the players all say Riga is hands on in training, and very meticulous and well prepared. I believe JJ said in his official site interview that JR always had good scouting on the opposition. That's incredibly important.
  • He needs to eliminate the bad apples pronto.
  • edited January 2016
    Granpa said:

He needs to eliminate the bad apples pronto.

What, a lot of the imported fruit you mean gramps :wink:
  • Granpa said:

He needs to eliminate the bad apples pronto.

we dream of a team of granny smiths ?

People who have been to the last 3 games think there in the team already.