Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lookman rumours

Comments

• Options
    Only works if he signs a new deal. 18 months on his contract now means end of next season he walks. If he won't commit to a new deal with a decent fee release clause to protect the club we would be better off selling sooner rather than later. Either way looks like we will lose him on the cheap.

• Options
    One of the few times I ever thought we got really good money for a player was when we sold Scott Parker. He'd just signed a long contract so we were able to get a lot of money for him....but he still got pilloried (even though he probably did us a favour by signing our deal).

Doesn't mean I was happy about him going because I wasn't. It was the beginning of the end of an era when he went. The players hold the aces now....not the clubs.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hopefully he stays as we need quality players to keep us up and no matter what fee the club gets for him the current regime are so unlikely to spend it well(or at all) that his transfer price is ultimately irrelevant IMO.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Scoham said:
    Well done if true, one day go, but not just yet Ademola, you still have a lot to learn.
    Be clever. Don't be like Diego.
    Whilst I agree with this, what is it that has changed your mind recently if you don't mind me asking. Pretty sure you have always been in the 'if it was my kids and they were offered more money elsewhere I would tell them to grab it' view previously?
  • Options
    Jurgen Klopp laments Jerome Sinclair's exit for 'highest wages'

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says young players must realise the importance of "education" over the "highest wages" as teenage forward Jerome Sinclair prepares to leave the Reds in the summer.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if his agent hasn't pointed out that he'll get a better contract if he gets fits, plays out this season and bags a bunch of goals.

Whatever Prem teams will offer him now, they'll offer him much more if he scores regularly.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Jurgen Klopp laments Jerome Sinclair's exit for 'highest wages'

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says young players must realise the importance of "education" over the "highest wages" as teenage forward Jerome Sinclair prepares to leave the Reds in the summer.

Where is/could he be off to, a championship club? Maybe he wants first team football...

• Options
    Read earlier somewhere that QPHahaha are interested
  • Options
    Charlton boss Jose Riga has warned “wonderful” youngster Ademola Lookman of the dangers of sealing a move to the Premier League too early in his career.

The 58-year-old said: “He has been part of training sessions but we will decide because we don’t want to take any risks.

“I prefer to make a daily evaluation, we will not take any risks because we still have 19 games and he’s a very young player.

“It’s his first real injury so perhaps he doesn’t know himself how to manage it so we need to be careful. Because of course, his only idea is ‘I want to play’ – but we need to manage it.”

When asked by News Shopper whether he was confident that Lookman will still be a Charlton player when the window closes, Riga said: “Yeah, I hope so. But we take it step-by-step.

Share article

“He is a player of Charlton.”

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt

• Options
    if Lookman is fit for the Rotherham game whose place would he take from the Blackburn line up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watt!
  • Options
    Diamond midfield - Cousins, Poyet, Jackson, Lookman ; the latter behind Watt and Igor
  • Options

Poor lad, from one relegation battle to another.
    If they think he is good enough to play for them then they must think he is worth more than 2 or 3 million and should pay appropriately.
  • Options
    Tutt Tutt wins :smile:
  • Options
    What, when we are already 4-0 down? - judging by our recent record in Yorkshire.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Diamond midfield - Cousins, Poyet, Jackson, Lookman ; the latter behind Watt and Igor

Hi Karel!
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Hi Karel!
    Was just about to say, starting to head in to fraeye territory that formation and team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To replace Watt, who will be sold by then
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    sam3110 said:

To replace Watt, who will be sold by then

I suspect this as well. I haven't seen as much noise about Watt "putting himself in the shop window" as I might expect.

I'd leave Lookman on the bench, replace Poyet with JJ and Harriott with Bergdich. From the sounds of things JBG was below par yesterday but he still provided the ball in for the goal and the header for Igor's chance.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Hi Karel!
    Was just about to say, starting to head in to fraeye territory that formation and team
    I didn't suggest Johnson , Williams or Sarr!
  • Options

Greenie said:

Scoham said:
    Well done if true, one day go, but not just yet Ademola, you still have a lot to learn.
    Be clever. Don't be like Diego.
    Whilst I agree with this, what is it that has changed your mind recently if you don't mind me asking. Pretty sure you have always been in the 'if it was my kids and they were offered more money elsewhere I would tell them to grab it' view previously?
    Yes if it was my kids I would tell them to go and take the money.
    However in the case of Diego I think it backfired football wise for him, I also think Lookman could do with another season at least with us. Furthermore, if a top club came in for him and agreed to loan him back to us for a season, I would advise Lookman to go.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Hi Karel!
    I didn't suggest Johnson , Williams or Sarr!
    Rhys Williams actually has more experience playing as a number 10 than Lookman. He's played just about everywhere except striker for Boro.
  • Options
    Listed in the Times as one of four players in the Football League as a top prospect alongside James Maddison (Cov), Moussa Dembele (Ful) and Rico Henry (Wal).

"Ademola Lookman 18, interested Everton, Spurs, Arse, Man C. Price £6mill.
    A powerful forward his emergence has been a rare bright spot in a otherwise bleak campaign of disappointment and discontent at the Valley. He has 2 years left on his contract, but has been offered improved terms."
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Hi Karel!
    Not enough strikers, and not 'spread out' enough to be Karal.