Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lookman rumours

Comments

• Options
    for Ademole's sake, not Chelsea or Man U/C
  • Options
    When we were taken over, I thought no more young players sold cheap.
    This is a top man will wait until they fully developed and then sell hopefully
    spending wisely and moving up to the premiership,what a doughsball I am.
  • Options
    I don't think the view of the coach is taken into account when selling players, so whether we have one or not will make no difference to the decision.
  • Options
    If I was Lookman I'd take 50p a week to get away from this freakshow. Why would he sign a new deal here? People like Cousins and JBG have been duped into signing long term deals and I've no doubt he'll be advised to get out asap.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

RUMOUR ¦ Charlton look set to complete the double swoop of Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil...

I'd give the pair of them 3 weeks with us until they're absolute dog shit

I would give them about 60 minutes before they were both carried off injured and never to be seen in a Charlton shirt again

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The games changed. It doesnt matter if we get £5 mil or 50p, it wont be used by us as it all gets ferreted away in a shoebox in the Belgian bunker. Lookman was an opportunist signing not a real academy trainee, and owes us no loyalty, he should choose the best club for him and leave us to our bizarre experiment, but a nice add on would be nice which we can use if Roland moves on.
  • Options
    I'm not trying to be mean to the lad because I think he good but is he really that good?! He plays with heart and spirit but how can we know how good he is after such a short period?
  • Options

If we got 2 million plus add ons I wouldn't be majorly upset he's played 9 games there's along way to go yet before he's anywhere near the finished article

Are you Roland in disguise??
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I'm not trying to be mean to the lad because I think he good but is he really that good?! He plays with heart and spirit but how can we know how good he is after such a short period?

I have watched him since he came to the Club and potentially there is a 20 M pound player, after proving himself in the Premiership. 3 Million quid for him now after a handful of Championship games is about all he is worth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Huskaris said:

I have watched him since he came to the Club and potentially there is a 20 M pound player, after proving himself in the Premiership. 3 Million quid for him now after a handful of Championship games is about all he is worth.
    Which of course why we should try and keep him - if he were to end the season with 10+ goals for us - any transfer fee would be much higher and he would be able to negotiate a much better deal for himself, plus he will have spent more time playing football. He needs to be advised not to listen to agents who are just looking for short term money for themselves.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Ademola Lookman closing in on Charlton Athletic return

Ademola Lookman is set to hand new head coach Jose Riga an early boost - by being fit for next weekend’s home game against Blackburn Rovers.

The 18-year-old winger - attracting big interest from a number of Premier League clubs, including Crystal Palace - has been missing with a hamstring strain.

But Lookman is thought to only be a week away from a return, meaning he looks likely to be available for the next match at The Valley.

Charlton have still not secured the South Londoner to a new contract. He has won rave reviews for his performances this season, and has scored three goals in nine appearances.

His last action before injury came in the 2-0 defeat to Wolves on December 28.

https://t.co/jQE6cVp21l
  • Options
    If you look at this in business terms - as RD is meant to - you don't sell off your promised R&D projects when they have hardly been developed.
  • Options
    Southampton sold Walcott after 25 games and Bale after 45 - they would have been mugs to have sold them after 9!
  • Options
    Problem is that back then there wasnt the rules to buy up English talent.

Now that the Home Grown Quotas have been introduced, thats forcing the big clubs to buy talent quicker
  • Options
    Will be fit for Blackburn game
  • Options
    From the SkySports Transfer Centre @ 14:08... Why cant they all just piss off!!

PL TEAMS AFTER LOOKMAN

A string of Premier League clubs are fighting it out to sign highly-rated Charlton youngster Ademola Lookman, Sky sources understand.

Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City are among those interested in the 18-year-old, who was only playing non-league football two years ago.

Charlton do not want to sell Lookman, but sources have told Sky Sports News HQ that a deal to sign him and loan him back to the Valley for the rest of the season could happen in this window.
  • Options
    I don't believe the 'sign him and loan him back' deal. If he signs for one of those clubs his wages would be instantly out of our reach.
  • Options
    Trouble was, it was KF who said 100% he was staying, now he has gone, who we going to believe:-)
  • Options
    They can all eff off. If they want him they can buy him at the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5m, but decreasing if he's held onto seemingly as only 18 months on his contract.

Would be far from our worst business but it's a shame to where the money would go..
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Well done if true, one day go, but not just yet Ademola, you still have a lot to learn.
    Be clever. Don't be like Diego.
  • Options
    Good news at last.....now come on RD get that cheque book out and get him on a very good long term contract!!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Scoham said:
    Well done if true, one day go, but not just yet Ademola, you still have a lot to learn.
    Be clever. Don't be like Diego.
    Maybe Diego has had a small bit of input into Ademola's decision... They wont know each other but being team mates I'm sure that Diego could say something into his experience of moving too quickly
  • Options
    Jason Euell is more likely to have some input into him staying. That's just an assumption from me. He's very much an 'arm around the shoulder' type bloke... A bit like Chrissy Powell.
  • Options

Good news at last.....now come on RD get that cheque book out and get him on a very good long term contract!!

If Roland reads CharltonLife, I can imagine this being his reaction after reading those words...

• Options
    No quotes there, tells us nothing new, just words.
  • Options

Jason Euell is more likely to have some input into him staying. That's just an assumption from me. He's very much an 'arm around the shoulder' type bloke... A bit like Chrissy Powell.

So, I believe is Jose.

He waited pitchside on Saturday to shake our players' hands as they left the field and ruffled JJ's hair as if to say " We'll sort this".

• Options

If Roland reads CharltonLife, I can imagine this being his reaction after reading those words...

More like....