Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options

When, without a second's thought, you can reel off Duff, Sewell, Hewie, Tocknell, Hinton, Bailey, Lawrie, Matthews, Leary, Edwards and Kinsey.

You’ve left out dear old Johnny Summers!
    Johnny Summers was a bit before that team. The occasional stand-ins were Brian Ord, Fred Lucas and one other that is escaping me.
  • Options

Greenie said:

When one of the younger people you work with turns up in a fully zipped up Parker Coat, and you say 'oh you've come as a Mod' and they say with a straight face 'whats a Mod'?

FFS.

Hahahaha, brilliant.

(What is a mod?)
    A moderator. Duh.
  • Options

When, without a second's thought, you can reel off Duff, Sewell, Hewie, Tocknell, Hinton, Bailey, Lawrie, Matthews, Leary, Edwards and Kinsey.

The one imprinted on my brain is from a couple of years later, Rose, Hewie, Kinsey, Bailey, Haydock, Tocknell, Kenning, Matthews, Firmani, Edwards, Glover :smile:
    The first one I remember seeing was:

Wakeham, Sewell, Stocks, Bailey, Hinton, Tocknell, Kenning, Matthews, Ryan, Edwards, Glover

Around that time Hewie would come in for Stocks (I know now that Stocks was the reserve) and two from Kinsey, Peacock, Lucas and Kennedy would sometimes play instead of Glover and Ryan. Otherwise, apart from Ord replacing an injured Bailey and then himself being injured and replaced by Saunders for one match, that was it from late 1962 until the end of that season.

Never saw Stuart Leary play football and also narrowly missed Sam Lawrie.
  • Options
    I'm really old: my first team memory Bartram, Campbell, Ellis, Fenton, Ufton, Hammond, Hurst, O'linn, Leary, Firmani, Kiernan. Hewie was injured, but he could have played anywhere, and frequently did!
  • Options
    You remember when a win was two points.
  • Options
    When you realise there is World Cup at the end of the season when it seems like it's not that long since the last one. When it's hard to believe it's already 4 years.
  • Options
    You’re waiting in reception for the meeting organiser to call you through and the two blokes you are with are discussing which face products they use.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The one imprinted on my brain is from a couple of years later, Rose, Hewie, Kinsey, Bailey, Haydock, Tocknell, Kenning, Matthews, Firmani, Edwards, Glover :smile:
    The first one I remember seeing was:

Wakeham, Sewell, Stocks, Bailey, Hinton, Tocknell, Kenning, Matthews, Ryan, Edwards, Glover

Around that time Hewie would come in for Stocks (I know now that Stocks was the reserve) and two from Kinsey, Peacock, Lucas and Kennedy would sometimes play instead of Glover and Ryan. Otherwise, apart from Ord replacing an injured Bailey and then himself being injured and replaced by Saunders for one match, that was it from late 1962 until the end of that season.

Never saw Stuart Leary play football and also narrowly missed Sam Lawrie.
    Saw Leary and Lawrie in my first ever game, in fact they both scored.
    Not that I remember much Len, but clearly I was hooked.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ...you can't make it to the end of the Super Bowl.
  • Options

When you watch the super bowl with your best mate and he does this 5 mins into the game

To be fair he woke up for the second half
  • Options
    You discover that every dog and cat that was alive when you were born is now dead.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

You discover that every dog and cat that was alive when you were born is now dead.

That can’t be more than 25 though? That’s not old.
  • Options
    When you open a thread entailed “health tip for the over 70’s” and think thats interesting only got to wait another 5 years.
  • Options
    You hear the excited squeals of children because of the snow but your heart sinks and you think oh f*** getting to work is going to be a nightmare
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Actally just looked it up. Oldest cat ever was 38. I'm 37 so haaaaaaaa
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Tragedy' was playing on the radio at work today. My colleague referred to it as the Steps song, but that this version must be a cover. It was the Bee Gees singing. She thought Steps did the original and hadn't heard of the Bee Gees.
  • Options
    addix said:

'Tragedy' was playing on the radio at work today. My colleague referred to it as the Steps song, but that this version must be a cover. It was the Bee Gees singing. She thought Steps did the original and hadn't heard of the Bee Gees.

I hope you kicked her in the c#nt!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

38's not old.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

38's not old.
    it is for a cat!
  • Options

When you watch the super bowl with your best mate and he does this 5 mins into the game

Looks like Karl Robinson......any gossip?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

You know you are getting old when..............you Goggle the age of cats
  • Options
    Out walking with my dogs 3 Females of the species standing chatting on the foot path. "Excuse me Ladies, may I get past" with that the reply came back "Ladies, cheeky git"
    Is Ladies no longer a PC term?
    Confused old bloke....
    @DaveMehmet response is not required. ;)
  • Options

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

38's not old.
    Indeed. I just wanted to lord it in front of you old biddies.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Out walking with my dogs 3 Females of the species standing chatting on the foot path. "Excuse me Ladies, may I get past" with that the reply came back "Ladies, cheeky git"
    Is Ladies no longer a PC term?
    Confused old bloke....
    @DaveMehmet response is not required. ;)

I take it you replied "ok then, get out of the way you f*****g bitches"
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    When you have had 3 GPs retire during you lifetime.