Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Imagine how the players feel

2»

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

cafckev said:

It is their job. Simple really, just do it to the best they can.

I work for the NHS and before that Connex, so i am used to shit managers, but it doesn't stop me doing it, why should it stop them?

It's all relative. Sure they are motivated as professionals. They earn their money by turning up to training, fan meetings and community work, and following orders etc. But are they going to play as well as a team with an amazing spirit running from the top of the club to the bottom? Hell no.

They're going to be visiting stadiums of well-run clubs and duelling with players who are willing to fight for their badges. And they'll lose.
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafckev said:

I work for the NHS and before that Connex, so i am used to shit managers, but it doesn't stop me doing it, why should it stop them?

It's all relative. Sure they are motivated as professionals. They earn their money by turning up to training, fan meetings and community work, and following orders etc. But are they going to play as well as a team with an amazing spirit running from the top of the club to the bottom? Hell no.

They're going to be visiting stadiums of well-run clubs and duelling with players who are willing to fight for their badges. And they'll lose.
    I've worked in places where morale has been low, leadership has been lacking and production has suffered as a consequence. Also, when you throw in a number of employees who lack the ability to do the job to the required standard then you really are going to struggle and I don't think that situation changes per workplace dependent on how much the staff are earning.

In my opinion, aside from a few exceptions, the pelters should be aimed at the board and the players should be supported.
  • HandG said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafckev said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafckev said:

I've worked in places where morale has been low, leadership has been lacking and production has suffered as a consequence. Also, when you throw in a number of employees who lack the ability to do the job to the required standard then you really are going to struggle and I don't think that situation changes per workplace dependent on how much the staff are earning.

In my opinion, aside from a few exceptions, the pelters should be aimed at the board and the players should be supported.
    In interviews Karel Fraeye consistently bounces responsibility onto the players. Now that is of course logical but it sometimes feels like San Marino being dug out for not beating Brazil.
    If the players get that kind of public support from the manager/head coach then are we the fans supposed to make up the difference?
    I will get behind the players during games, although getting behind Ba is a bit of an ask for starters, but the problems for the players can't be blamed on the crowd, if morale is low then the players need to let Karel, and his coaching mate who I can't remember the name of, know about it.
  • They must feel like complete cnuts... because they are certainly playing like complete cnuts!
  • edited December 2015
    I don't believe they are not giving their all. I do believe they are extremely low on confidence.

Two very different things, and I don't know why money always has to come into it but that seems to be the 'go to' argument for modern football fans it seems.
  • cafctom said:

I don't believe they are not giving their all. I do believe they are extremely low on confidence.

Two very different things, and I don't know why money always has to come into it but that seems to be the 'go to' argument for modern football fans it seems.

Low on confidence coupled with not being good enough and youngsters being asked to do a mans job.
  • cafctom said:

Low on confidence coupled with not being good enough and youngsters being asked to do a mans job.
    You forgot having a clueless twat as a manager...sorry interim coach