Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Imagine how the players feel

Reading and watching some of the videos and reactions to it from the fans.
The players are not thick and will know the long term goals etc.
Fck, imagine playing knowing there is no ambition to be promoted or that your superiors don't really care what happens.

I know we are fans but shit, I'd hate to be a player and really don't think we could get on their backs as a lifelong supporter of nearly 40years..

Bit dumbfounded at the moment with it all tbh.

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Yeah imagine it, some collecting 10 grand a week, to stroll around on a pitch not giving a shit. Hard life aye.

Yep, I fully understand that mate, but my point is how could you motivate yourself knowing the situation, downward spiral I'm afraid.
  • That coming from someone who pays to play at 40 years of age.
  • poor little mites, its a had life
  • edited December 2015
    I know, imagine turning up to training each day and enduring training from Belgian waiter.

• The players don't give a toss. That's why we're down at the bottom of the league staring into the abyss.
  • Sponsored links:

• It is their job. Simple really, just do it to the best they can.

I work for the NHS and before that Connex, so i am used to shit managers, but it doesn't stop me doing it, why should it stop them?
  • edited December 2015
    cafckev said:

It is their job. Simple really, just do it to the best they can.

I work for the NHS and before that Connex, so i am used to shit managers, but it doesn't stop me doing it, why should it stop them?

It doesn't stop you doing your job, but compare your effectiveness under shit managers to another organisation with excellent management. Who will achieve better results?
  • I still do my job,to the best of my ability, i don't stop or feel sorry for myself.
  • cafckev said:

I still do my job,to the best of my ability, i don't stop or feel sorry for myself.

Not sure the players 'stop'. They just play worse than the opposition every week. An opposition made up of footballers also on high wages.
  • _MrDick said:

The players don't give a toss. That's why we're down at the bottom of the league staring into the abyss.

Or are too many of them not good enough, while working under a head coach that isn't good enough?
  • I agree certain players must feel like why should i give a toss? players like JBG and Cousins who were promised that the club actually had ambition, they must feel like they have been taken for a mug and so would I.

And then there are players like Lookman, Holmes Dennis, Fox, products of the academy who are thinking, where is this club heading? why am i still here? should i move to a bigger club?

Finally players like Vaz te and Diarra, who are towards the end back end of their career who still yet have something to offer but they must be thinking thank lord my contract wont keep me here for much longer and I can get out of this shambles.

I don't really sympathies with the players as they are still earning good money but it is how they most likely feel about our club that worries me the most.
  • I have been saying for a long time the players are to blame just as much as the bored. If the players cared they could be higher up the league. As paying fans we have every right to be angry as at the end of the season we can not leave Charlton and go and support another club like players can go and play for a different team.
  • boggzy said:

Modern football - I'm absolutely sure most won't give a flying one, but the more talented will be pissed off at playing with dross, and being 'managed' by someone from the second tier of Belgian football - and want to leave asap.

Second tier ! Try third division (regional league A) !
  • My mistake. It really is beyond belief.
  • Sponsored links:

• boggzy said:

My mistake. It really is beyond belief.

No worries, I didn't even know there was a third tier in Belgium until we hired Karel.
  • cafc4life said:

Yeah imagine it, some collecting 10 grand a week, to stroll around on a pitch not giving a shit. Hard life aye.

I have held this view for a long time.

But I tend to think players who get paid mega money for the likes of Chelsea, Man United, Barcelona etc, they do not need the money and are playing for medals.

The also-rans are just playing for the next contract.

Two of the biggest mercenaries in my book, Adebayor and Sven-Goran Eriksson.
  • edited December 2015
    cafc4life said:

They don't give a shit because their ambitions are nothing to do with football achievements and winning trophies. They use their wealth and status to maximise their appeal to the opposite sex. Their glory lies in having different girlfriends all over the place.

There are a few like this in our squad. How do I know this? I just do.
  • I used the line "hey, do you know who I am" the last time I tried to get into a nightclub.

The bouncer came back with "yeah, you're the c*** who follows Charlton, the drinks are on the house".
  • The only ones who I have some sympathy for in our plight are the newest youngsters that have been blooded this season. THD is a great example. Looks a decent talent, yet given how shit we have been, he's been thrust into action too often, too soon. His full league debut was Preston. What a horrible game for him. We were awful. The atmosphere was awful. For however much KM bangs on about pride in our academy, their ownership could also destroy a few as well as produce the odd gem.

Another reason I take issue with these owners. Under investment has led to too many youngsters too soon. We then come to rely on them at too young an age.

However, although a bad atmosphere isn't conducive to getting the best out of players, they do have to take some responsibility. Yet I was about to list those more seasoned pros in the team like JBG and Solly, but remembered even our new signings who have been largely shit, are also too young. It's RD, it's all RD's doing
  • I don't put the blame all on the players. They have to do what they are told to do by incompetent line managers from the pub landlord of a coach to the puppets of senior staff. But the players are not really up to this level so, no I have little sympathy for them. They are robbing a living, well most of them.
  • The players are mostly doing their (in some cases limited) best, a few are not of that I'm sure.
    Whatever, I am gonna bang my favourite drum yet again ... booing and jeering is just not going to improve either morale or performance, quite the contrary , we are where we are player wise, we'll just have to hope that the penny/centime/100th of a € has dropped with Duchatelet and he frees some cash to sign some fresh blood a s a p
  • cafckev said:

It is their job. Simple really, just do it to the best they can.

It's all relative. Sure they are motivated as professionals. They earn their money by turning up to training, fan meetings and community work, and following orders etc. But are they going to play as well as a team with an amazing spirit running from the top of the club to the bottom? Hell no.

They're going to be visiting stadiums of well-run clubs and duelling with players who are willing to fight for their badges. And they'll lose.
  • Dave2l said:

Gudmundssons form and attitude this season in comparison to last season speaks for itself.

One example of a player finally understanding the business model..,

And Watt is being shipped out for falling out with JBG and another who are not passing to him.