Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I WANT CURBISHLEY BACK... THAT IS ALL :-(

2»

Comments

• Curbs would need a check up from the neck up to come back to the club whilst this mob are in charge.
  • If Alan came back and didn't manage to change things I don't think his legacy would be tarnished. At least it would cheer us all up for a bit and we are in an absolutely desperate position now. The confidence level among our defence and midfield looks about zero.
  • Godstone said:

If Alan came back and didn't manage to change things I don't think his legacy would be tarnished. At least it would cheer us all up for a bit and we are in an absolutely desperate position now. The confidence level among our defence and midfield looks about zero.

If ever we needed to steady the ship and grind out a few results Curbs style, it's now.
  • It would not matter if it were Alan Curbishley, Alex Ferguson or Arrigo Sacchi - or even Alf Ramsey - running the joint - as long as RD is running his freak show with Mme. Meire as his faithful lieutenant then nothing will change.

Sad but true and, quite frankly, no decent manager will subject themselves to the indignity of working under these conditions.
  • Come back Curbs we desperately need a boost!!
  • Curbishley (and any proper manager) would 1) Want to choose their own players and 2) Choose which ones to play on match day.
  • Bringing Curbs back would probably be the single thing that would bring a lot of the "lost" fans back. Most of what it cost to bring him back would be recovered at the gate.
  • iamdan said:

If Curbs comes back I'll have Roland and Katrien faces tattooed to my buttocks.

If her nose keeps growing you could be in for a spot of bother.
  • Any room for small Fraeye?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    Curbs back as Director of Football(suspect he would prefer this) and the (4th)return of Powell will hopefully be the first thing a new owner does to get the vast majority of us Charlton fans back on side, I have to hold on to that dream during these dark days.
  • Curbs back as Director of Football(suspect he would prefer this) and the (4th)return of Powell will hopefully be the first thing a new owner does to get the vast majority of us Charlton fans back on side, I have to hold on to that dream during these dark days.

I agree that it would get the fans back onside immediately IF a new owner is found and Two Sheds wants to sell.

After the initial euphoria subsided, I'm not sure AC/CP is the dream ticket moving forwards.
  • The Curbs/Powell ticket that would make for a happy Valley in the new year
  • Godstone said:

Don't want him as Director of Football - I want him as Manager.

He is 58, there are plenty of managers of similar age and older eg.

Claudio Ranieri age 64 - 1st in Premier League
    Arsene Wenger age 66 - 2nd in Premier League
    Manuel Pellegrini age 62 - 3rd in Premier League

But non of above would make us happy as s CAFC manager on the grounds they are foreign! :-(

• Peeters, Riga, Luzon & Fraeye we all said WHO when they were appointed, all we require at this low point is a Manager with experience of this league and what it takes to thrive in an environment where the transfer budget is limited.
  • Heard him on talk sport the other night. It was kind of comforting hearing his voice and he spoke lots and lots of sense as always. Would bloody love it if we got to hear his voice at the next managers press conference instead of a bloody Belgian accent but it ain't ever going to happen.
  • Thing about Curbs was consistency, he never got too ruffled if results were good or bad, he had a great attitude to his work and a belief in his own ability. He guided the team to achieve the best they could and gain the best position in the league that the squad was capable of given the limited budget available. He got Clive Mendonca for us when Peter Reid at Sunderland (Mendonca's boyhood club) was trying to sign him and that won us the Div 1 Play-off Final at Wembley and we went to the promised land of the Premier League. Great days, what are we aspiring to now?
  • Heard him on talk sport the other night. It was kind of comforting hearing his voice and he spoke lots and lots of sense as always. Would bloody love it if we got to hear his voice at the next managers press conference instead of a bloody Belgian accent but it ain't ever going to happen.

This....

• Shame we can't have these days back again
    13.jpg 27.6K
  • Godstone said:

Don't want him as Director of Football - I want him as Manager.

He is 58, there are plenty of managers of similar age and older eg.

Claudio Ranieri age 64 - 1st in Premier League
    Arsene Wenger age 66 - 2nd in Premier League
    Manuel Pellegrini age 62 - 3rd in Premier League

You only have to be under 50 to support Charlton, not manage them.