Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I WANT CURBISHLEY BACK... THAT IS ALL :-(

AAAALLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comments

• I would LOVE to see his millionaire big bruvver put up the cash and buy CAFC .. alas, I think that Bill is a 'ammer at 'eart
  • See Fulham naming another manager. All I want for Charlton this Christmas is curbs. Won't happen though. Not Belgium Belgian
  • I get all the arguments that it's a backwards step and he is older and you can't turn the clocks back but it would be the best Christmas present if it was announced in the next few days.

On reflection, I think my anger towards KM when Luzon was appointed was because I'd allowed myself to believe that they might bring him in then.

With modest financial support I would be confident of the play offs and/or promotion within three seasons.
  • I think he would be a great shout for CEO. He knows the game, knows the club and is sharp round a pound note.

But he hasn't got an MBA
  • PL54 said:

I think he would be a great shout for CEO. He knows the game, knows the club and is sharp round a pound note.

But he hasn't got an MBA
    And doesn't like house music
  • I think he would be a great shout for CEO. He knows the game, knows the club and is sharp round a pound note.

This .. IN BLOCK CAPITALS, BOLD TYPE AND ITALICS
  • If RD wanted to save his investment from disappearing into league 1 whilst getting a large majority of fans back on side along with the current playing squad he could do far worst than appoint Curbs until the end of the season. Tell him what budget he has to play with in January for reinforcements, let him identify those reinforcements and bring in the players who he thinks has the character to keep us up then leave him to get on with it.

With his experience onboard along with the reinvigorated fan base we may just have a chance of staying up. If he is successful then give him a longer contract and task him with rebuilding in the summer.

We all know that this is a complete pipe dream and that RD would never go down this route so we should all let this romantic notion go, including myself!
  • As if RD/KM weren't torturing us enough already, now we're doing it to ourselves! It's a lovely dream to entertain after a couple of festive drinks, after all who hasn't had fanciful notions of rekindling it with an ex after a sherry or two, but would we really want to tarnish the memories by seeing Curbs broken by the system in place under RD? Not me. Leave the good times where they belong, in the past, and focus on the future (whatever that may hold)...
  • Sponsored links:

This, someone who knows the división. Plus he's been out of the game for a while, which should appeal to Roland's expertise management. Sadly, RD want's a carpet to walk up and down on, not a genuine football man with knowledge and experience. If Curbs had let TWWW go to Cardiff, a lot more people would have been onside as he actually knows about football, as opposed to RD/KM/KF

• Addicted said:

Not sure Curbs has the qualifications for CEO. Square peg.

Director of football he could be great but that would require the less competent to relinquish control and a restructure of club operations.

Sounds like the current CEO

Be a terrible shout for CEO... What does he know about the other side of running a Football Club?

If he wasnt to be a Manager then Director of Football yes but certainly not as a Chairman
  • Addicted said:

Not sure Curbs has the qualifications for CEO. Square peg.

Director of football he could be great but that would require the less competent to relinquish control and a restructure of club operations.

Oops only just saw this
  • Wouldn't work with the RD circus and couldn't blame him.
  • RDG said:

As if RD/KM weren't torturing us enough already, now we're doing it to ourselves! It's a lovely dream to entertain after a couple of festive drinks, after all who hasn't had fanciful notions of rekindling it with an ex after a sherry or two, but would we really want to tarnish the memories by seeing Curbs broken by the system in place under RD? Not me. Leave the good times where they belong, in the past, and focus on the future (whatever that may hold)...

I actually think the fans fully appreciate just what a desperate position we are in and would completely forgive Curbs if he failed to make any progress. As said before, our best hope is a manager to unite the club and the fan base. No one would do that better than Curbs. Without the fans behind us, we are going down, but RD and KM don't seem to be able to understand that
  • I actually think the fans fully appreciate just what a desperate position we are in and would completely forgive Curbs if he failed to make any progress.

Absolutely, I wouldn't put the blame on AC's shoulders either, my point is I wouldn't want a man of great integrity and stature in Charlton's history to have the RD/KM 'philosophy' inflicted on him. I wouldn't fear fans turning on Curbs, I just wouldn't want to see his own career potentially tarnished in the wider football world by being put in an impossible situation with the expectation that he can 'save Charlton'. In different circumstances I would love Curbs to return, might even get me to buy a season ticket again, but not now.
  • Sheets and banners left everywhere at the valley for KM to see as she drives in to work every morning! ''WE WANT CURBISHLEY''
  • Sponsored links:

• curbs1965 said:

Godstone said:

Don't want him as Director of Football - I want him as Manager.

He is 58, there are plenty of managers of similar age and older eg.

Claudio Ranieri age 64 - 1st in Premier League
    Arsene Wenger age 66 - 2nd in Premier League
    Manuel Pellegrini age 62 - 3rd in Premier League

Obviously a massive fan of Curbs-Godstone, but I believe when a manager has too long a break from management the game passes them by-ala Hoddle, o leary, Graham!
    Would kind of agree if we were talking about a Prem job but where we are and who we've had running the football side of things lately he'd be great on many levels.
  • Sheets and banners left everywhere at the valley for KM to see as she drives in to work every morning! ''WE WANT CURBISHLEY''

I'm struggling to remember any example of where a football manager was appointed based on being selected by the fans.

Why not WE WANT GUARDIOLA?

Curbs was of his time - and his time was amazing. Not now.
  • Dream team to replace th existing shambles

Managing Director Varney
    President Peacock
    Director of Football Curbishley
    Manager Powell
    Asst Manager Eull
    Club Captain Jackson
    Match day Capt. Cousins.
  • I would have Alison Curbishley in front of the current set up
  • Kap10 said:

Dream team to replace th existing shambles

Managing Director Varney
    President Peacock
    Director of Football Curbishley
    Manager Powell
    Asst Manager Eull
    Club Captain Jackson
    Match day Capt. Cousins.

And Warren Buffett as the money man? We can all dream...
  • Nothing to lose really for Curbs. He's been trying to get back into management for years without success. If he were to rescue us he'd be a double hero, if he failed, the fans would forgive and still appreciate the good times.
  • Managing Director... Peter Varney
    President... Keith Peacock
    Director of Football... Alex Ferguson
    Manager... Pep Guardiola
    Assistant Manager... Jose Mourinho
    Club Captain... Johnnie Jackson
    Match Day Captain... Stephen Henderson

Keep your dirty thoughts to yourself @AFKABartram.......................LOL

Keep your dirty thoughts to yourself @AFKABartram.......................LOL
    It's Ok, I think Alison is Curbs wife, not his daughter.