Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

In 10 years where will Charlton Athletic be.....

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
RD still in charge with us happily mid-table in the premier league once again?

After a terrible slide, languishing on League 2 with crowds of 5-6K in partially shut down Valley but with new owners?

In the championship still having steadied the ship with occasional play off seasons?

Comments

• It's too far ahead for me to contemplate. It's hard enough trying to predict where we will be on a season by season basis.
  • they wont exist. should be an option.
  • Even worse then L2 with West Ham sucking up all of the potential Charlton support with 50K crowds and Champions League football in the Olympic Stadium???
  • Mid table Prem. Nailed on certainty.
  • Champions of the world ...how could we not with the brilliance of RD & KM behind us.
  • Mid table Prem. Nailed on certainty.

Roland is a visionary you know.
  • In the second level of English football, whatever it is then called. This is basically where we were ten years ago (2007), 20 years go (95), and 30 (85), 40 (75) and fifty years ago (1965). Not much changes, except the players, owners, and manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

20,00 leagues under the sea playing against teams of prawns, tuna and mackrel.

if Roland can have these ridiculous visions of the future, then so can I.

Could be worse, could be 20,000
  • On the way back up in the lower half of League 1.
  • I wonder how many times we will have gotten through Peeters, Luzon and Carol by then? Half a dozen each surely.
  • A fan owned community club playing in front of 30,000 in an expanded Valley. Playing good football in the Premiership under a highly respected young manager who gets what Charlton is about. In short a model for just about every other club in the country...
  • I'd like to think the dialogue re the 20k would be well underway by then.
  • edited December 2015
    No idea, 10 years ago we were in the Premier League.

History says we'll probably be in the second tier.
  • edited December 2015
    SE7 or the Peninsula
  • I don't think there is a cesspit big enough for us.

Unless you include Hull, then Charlton will be in Hull...
  • IAIA
    edited December 2015
    Will we be pretty?
    Will we be rich?
    Here's what she said to me
  • Sponsored links:

• Merged with Gillingham to become Kent United FC with a state of the art 60,000 seater stadium just outside the massive new garden city near Ebbsfleet.
  • Karel still our manager telling us we have hard games against Thamesmead Town and Hornchurch.

And that we were doing well until they scored all of their goals.
  • In the Prem... but one of us will be in Jail for the mysterious death of Roland Duchatelet and his then secret lover Katrien Miere...

We name a stand after the "alleged" murderer...

• If RD persists with his bizarre experiment for as much as another year then the CAFC we (vaguely) recognise today will in 10 years be a 7 year old footnote in the annals of football clubs that went bust. The crowd is already below 10k for home games; the team is heading to the trapdoor to division 3 as quickly as Bolton, which is bankrupt already; we few who still attend home matches spend no more money in RD's business. At some soon to be reached point in time CAFC's losses will hit RD's predetermined point at which they are unsustainable; at which time he will seek to divest. The only remaining value to an outsider will be found in the real estate assets and potential, because any football value will have long gone.
    Given the FA's track record, an entity may be trading as "CAFC", playing in red, somewhere in a 'SE' postcode, having been incarnated in a London or Kent league and bequeathed the old charlton's history but football at the Valley will be a memory only.
    As we're all too well aware RD has got this one dead wrong but is too disinterested or pig-headed to revise his policies. As far as he's concerned we can rant and rave as much as we like; we can come to matches or not, we have no value beyond the simplistic financial.
    A recognisable Charlton having a life beyond 2018 depends on RD having a complete change of mind which is clearly going to require a significant psychological episode: chances = slim to none OR some other 'spanish Tony' type chancer fancying charlton as a quick cash cow and offering RD his price: chances = slimmer OR a charlton besotted lottery winner plunging his new fortune into the club: chances = feinter than Satan developing frostbite.
    Still, soon be Christmas - keep smilin'
  • RD will be long gone.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35145282

This, I predict something along the lines of this....
  • I'll be 40 and still going to Charlton no matter what league we will be in
  • Pedro45 said:

In the second level of English football, whatever it is then called. This is basically where we were ten years ago (2007), 20 years go (95), and 30 (85), 40 (75) and fifty years ago (1965). Not much changes, except the players, owners, and manager.

Yes, everything averages out over time, as every club has its natural level. Great/terrible owners and managers can shift this for a few years, but equilibrium eventually settles down...
  • 10 years time RD will hopefully be past his decision making times.
    With luck his offspring will have power of attorney of his affairs, bank cards and decide English football should be left to locals.
  • An amateur club, playing somewhere in Kent.