Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Enough Is Enough Roland - Fraeye Needs To Go.

Roland I have no idea what your long term goal is with Charlton, but whatever you think you are doing it is not currently working, please get a decent proven manager in pretty darn quick, or we will be playing in league one next season , with half of the fans we currently have attending games.

This advice comes free, and if you really cared about us you would swallow your pride, and take it on the chin, you are killing this club, please stop it, and sort it out before it's too late.

Comments

• Yes fully agree, I cant wait to see what KM says about our progress under KF. I'm sure he is a nice bloke, but he is NOT a Championship club manager. RD has totally lost the plot and is like an ostrich with his head in the sand and his CEO is scared of him. We are plummeting at brake-neck speed towards League 1, and RD is oblivious to that....So come on RD show some balls, either sell up or stick your hand in your pocket...1/2 billion fortune and you are ruining this club. Make the right decisions in January, and the right decision now KF has to go, we NEED a proven British manager, your continental coaches are just not good enough, and while your at it get some decent players in. Are you and KM thick? Look at the backroom staff that have left under your regime, not ones you and your lackey have sacked (which are bad moves anyway) but those that have said enough is enough and resigned.....learn for god-sake learn!! ARE YOU THICK!!!
  • Rm. they are thick and therefore they won't listen. You feel the same as all of us. Our club has been stolen and desparately needs new owners.
  • Controversial...
  • Roland will only sack him when he is ready. He kept Luzon on at SL when all the fans wanted him gone due to a string of poor results.
  • Fraeye (as head coach) is only a symptom of the problems, any manager would have struggled with that squad today..
  • Parkinson all over again. Without a he pathetic apologists
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have Parkinson back happily. At the final agm of the listed PLC. "PP is the best manager I've worked with, even better than Curbishley.". According to the current non executive chairman...
  • Would have Parkinson back happily. At the final agm of the listed PLC. "PP is the best manager I've worked with, even better than Curbishley.". According to the current non executive chairman...

Parkinson saved Murray from one hell of a shit storm. And he knows it.
  • Old enough to remember the Glikstein days.

Survived in the old second division by struggling through much of the season and buying an experienced goal scorer (Cliff Holton, Ron Saunders, Ray Crawford etc) to score goals.

Only failed once.

Heskey was our undoing on Tuesday night.

We need a manager not a coach.
  • I would love him to get sacked, amongst other reasons, can you name a single "interim manager" who has ever been sacked, rather than replaced by a manager?

Of course what they will do with Fraeye rather than sacking him is actually appoint a full time manager I assume, although if say, fraeye was replaced as interim manager by another interim manager like Jason Euell I would be amused at least... Would show how little interest they actually had in finding someone.

For me the scariest thought is this: what if they actually are trying to find a manager and telling the truth (I doubt it but imagine!!!). Maybe no one wants to touch this club with a bargepole. Get hired, get no backing from the board, have a very strange set of transfer policies imposed on you with a playing philosophy very few would agree with... No decent manager will want to go into a job where they are being set up to fail... So maybe no one actually wants to manage us... I could be wrong, if so, there's a portugeuse guy with no Championship managerial experience who might be looking for a job soon. Ticks the foreign box, the slightly loopy box, and the no managerial experience box. Get him in!
  • Yes we the fans are being treated with no respect and certainly fed rubbish information or untruthful information. No one believes 4 were interviewed when Luzon was already appointed. No one believes a full recruitment process has been going on for 9 weeks.
    BUT the fact that we are being fed rubbish does show that KM and RD know we will not accept the truth. So clutching at straws they must be listening, or hearing the protests.
    So we all must carry on protesting in whatever way is possible. They ,hopefully know they are incapable of running a club ( I cannot even say Championship club now, as we are not) lets get them out and get our club back.
  • Guys no good English manager in there right mind will take the job working with these Belgians.
  • Really is not working on any real level is it?
    Not generally one for changing the manager, but the comments expressed by KF are rather bizarre and shows the man is out of his depth, drowning in a sea of failure. His CEO besides a staggering lack of ability to understand and execute a business model that can unite the fans, seems to have done massive damage to CAFC core supporters, let alone the casual fan. Of course this is in the hands of RD, will he make the changes, I fear not, because that means changing the 'vision' business plan that has failed which is at the heart of this sorry state of affairs on so many levels. A few loanees will not be the answer.
    Football is a results business, the only 'result' this management has delivered is failure........
  • Out walking the dog and thought that every year I usually give the club lots of my hard earned dosh. A season ticket, at least one replica shirt a season, beer and food sales etc.

This season I don't have a season ticket, haven't bought any merchandise and only attended two games, one of which was free. Work started taking me down this road but thanks to Roly's mismanagement I am not actually resenting my exile.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Said it in a previous thread but I don't think Sacking a manager will make much difference because:

a) I have no idea what criteria is being used to appoint managers, so I have no faith that winning/losing games would be the metric used to decide their fate. For instance what if Fraeye's brief is to bring young players through to sell on ? In the Leeds match a youngster who wasn't getting game time before Fraeye scored a couple of goals in less than half an hour and is probably a saleable asset now. Doesn't matter that we then conceded two to a dreadful, side Fraeye's had a successful night by the remit of his job.

b) Each sacking seems to have brought a gradually more ludicrous replacement - Bob - Riga - Luzon - Fraeye. On paper they're getting less and less qualified and more and more ridiculous. If losing those two games meant Fraeye got sacked do you really think Roland would be giving Gary Monk or Bendan Rodgers a call ?

I honestly don't think sacking Fraeye will make any difference, it's the overall strategy that's going to be far, far more damaging for the future of this club than one bad season/relegation.

I wasn't at either but did you mean the Bolton game?
  • RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

Said it in a previous thread but I don't think Sacking a manager will make much difference because:

a) I have no idea what criteria is being used to appoint managers, so I have no faith that winning/losing games would be the metric used to decide their fate. For instance what if Fraeye's brief is to bring young players through to sell on ? In the Leeds match a youngster who wasn't getting game time before Fraeye scored a couple of goals in less than half an hour and is probably a saleable asset now. Doesn't matter that we then conceded two to a dreadful, side Fraeye's had a successful night by the remit of his job.

b) Each sacking seems to have brought a gradually more ludicrous replacement - Bob - Riga - Luzon - Fraeye. On paper they're getting less and less qualified and more and more ridiculous. If losing those two games meant Fraeye got sacked do you really think Roland would be giving Gary Monk or Bendan Rodgers a call ?

I honestly don't think sacking Fraeye will make any difference, it's the overall strategy that's going to be far, far more damaging for the future of this club than one bad season/relegation.

I wasn't at either but did you mean the Bolton game?
    Sorry - yes Bolton, all blending into one for me now !
  • I cannot recall a CEO of a club that is so out of their depth that they alienated whole groups of fans. KM shows nothing but contempt for fans makes it apparent there are certain types/ages that are not seen as vital to the club.
    Mistakes are made at all clubs but alienating the fans is one that is moreorless impossible to recover from.
    Simple RD, KM, KF you have failed, you are dispised, please GO.
  • edited December 2015
    Understandable @se9addick no need to apologise, you had a long arduous day for very little reward on the footballing side of things yesterday, fair play to you for making the trip, I bottled it!
  • It took KM something like 48 hours to interview 20 managers when Peeters left. Yet KF has been interim for quite a few weeks now so just how many has she interviewed?

We must be on for one hell of an appointment after all this time, I personally cannot wait for the surprise/Christmas present.

I see Guardiola is due to make a statement on his future at some point today which is quite exciting news for us I feel. The chance to work with KM and RD should not be under estimated,
  • I'm quite enjoying this now, in strange gallows humour way. I've decided we are going down and there is no point getting upset about it. I can't change the setup or even influence anyone at the club, better people than me have failed. They treat me and all my fellow supporters with contempt. They have no idea whatsoever what to try next. They have no real plan for survival let alone success.

There will always be another manager experienced or not out there but it's clear after so long with a "interim" with none or very little ability the interim has become the main man. He might be a nice man, I don't know, I do know he is so far out of his depth it must be embarrassing for him and the fools who put him there.

This useless mob have taken apart the club from top to bottom and turned a large source of revenue against themselves,(us). When we finally get relegated I hope it costs the owner plenty, his ego and pocket needs a kicking. Also I hope them that know more than the collective knowledge of all the football world, walk away with their reputations so tarnished and toxic they have to work hard to get a job flipping burgers (not intended to insult hard working Mac job workers).
  • Have we ever gone through a season using more than 2 managers?
  • 1StevieG said:

Have we ever gone through a season using more than 2 managers?

Dowie / Reed / Pardew
  • 1StevieG said:

Have we ever gone through a season using more than 2 managers?

Dowie / Reed / Pardew
    A shudder just went down my spine......
  • The joke was not the position we are in now, but the appointment in the first place. Within a couple of hours of Luzon getting shelved it was common knowledge about Fraeye to many people.

Not only was it a shit appointment they tried to dress it up as a stand in while some form of recruitment process was going on until the point a corner was turned results wise and they could announce Fraeye. Still waiting for that point.

Gonna try not to say it again but they have taken the piss out of this club and its supporters.

Riga was also described as an interim manager. Fraeye is in for the season, unless it goes so disastrously even they see it.