Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time for an English Manager - from a patient fan.

2»

Comments

• ross1 said:

What decent manager will work under RD?

That is a very valid point ...and as we are apparently paying crap wages, there is nothing to attract anyone decent.
  • Curbs said he would last season!
  • Another thread a poster stated that Luzon was on about £950:00 a week.

That's what store RD sets on having a good coach.

There are no British managers that we would want prepared to get out of bed for nonsense like that.

If you think that a knight in shining armour is riding in to replace KF then I think you will be disapointed.

RD will sell Watt for a few bob. Shift a couple of fringe players and shuffle the money into a few has Beens in the deluded expectation that it will avoid the drop.

We are fecked this time.
  • I;m with you on this one. An interim manager is all ok if you are actually looking for a permanent one or waiting for one to finish gardening leave etc

but if it is just a ploy to employ another dud Belgian then its gone beyond a joke.

Today has convinced me that we are going down. 3 plus goals let in without reply again. our goal difference is now the worst in the league

and our best player is out on loan. bonkers
  • We have the worst GD in the league and yes i know that our best keeper was injured for a bit but our defenders are shocking this season. Gomez was sold for a silly amount and we let some other solid defenders go and replaced them with crap. I wont dig out the youngsters playing in the squad coz i believe that the coaching staff for the 1st team is not up to much. So whos fault is this? At the end of the day all fingers will point to RD as hes the man in charge it seems. Hopefully he can see that hes made some bad decisions and like others have said get an experienced manager like warnock in to help organise us.

Though last season fewer people really thought the owners were THAT bad. Now it's abundantly clear that they are completely and utter clueless, any manager with a reputation will give us a miss.
  • I think Roland gives autonomy when the situation gets desperate as it is now. Riga never complained of interference. Maybe he could be persuaded to come back. We need someone with a proven track record who the players can look up to.
  • I think Roland gives autonomy when the situation gets desperate as it is now. Riga never complained of interference. Maybe he could be persuaded to come back. We need someone with a proven track record who the players can look up to.

Riga is just as much as a belgian nobody as Fraeye!
  • In January 2016 read January 2015, 4 free players, hopefully 1 or 2 may prove successful, until end of season, then another new team next season, whatever league we are in
  • We have the worst GD in the league and yes i know that our best keeper was injured for a bit but our defenders are shocking this season. Gomez was sold for a silly amount and we let some other solid defenders go and replaced them with crap. I wont dig out the youngsters playing in the squad coz i believe that the coaching staff for the 1st team is not up to much. So whos fault is this? At the end of the day all fingers will point to RD as hes the man in charge it seems. Hopefully he can see that hes made some bad decisions and like others have said get an experienced manager like warnock in to help organise us.

Good defenders are easier to find than strikers. They messed up by getting rid of Morrison - we need someone like him.
  • Sponsored links:

Maybe, but what did RD say?

Something along the lines of 'How much?' with a sharp intake of breath!
  • RedChaser said:

Curbs said he would last season!

Something along the lines of 'How much?' with a sharp intake of breath!
    You joke but....
  • edited December 2015
    Yes they did. Are you for real?
  • colin1961 said:

Why must they be English ?
    answer your own question with a name then ....

Because other than 1 or 2 others, no foreign manager has ever taken a club out of this division
  • colin1961 said:

Godstone said:

We have the worst GD in the league and yes i know that our best keeper was injured for a bit but our defenders are shocking this season. Gomez was sold for a silly amount and we let some other solid defenders go and replaced them with crap. I wont dig out the youngsters playing in the squad coz i believe that the coaching staff for the 1st team is not up to much. So whos fault is this? At the end of the day all fingers will point to RD as hes the man in charge it seems. Hopefully he can see that hes made some bad decisions and like others have said get an experienced manager like warnock in to help organise us.

Good defenders are easier to find than strikers. They messed up by getting rid of Morrison - we need someone like him.
    Gomaz was sold at the amount because that's what his agent wanted ... Morrison wanted to go because at the time not now at the time there was no way he was better then TBH and Bikey so no they did not muck up getting rid of Morrison
    Yes, they did mess up because Morrison was much younger and you can't rely on just 2 central defenders.
  • colin1961 said:

Why must they be English ?
    answer your own question with a name then ....

Alan Curbishley - not too old, a Charlton hero and a manager who can work on a variety of budgets. Also, he is someone who will get the defence sorted out and may still be willing to come back.
  • Not for £950.00 quid he won't.
  • Godstone said:

We have the worst GD in the league and yes i know that our best keeper was injured for a bit but our defenders are shocking this season. Gomez was sold for a silly amount and we let some other solid defenders go and replaced them with crap. I wont dig out the youngsters playing in the squad coz i believe that the coaching staff for the 1st team is not up to much. So whos fault is this? At the end of the day all fingers will point to RD as hes the man in charge it seems. Hopefully he can see that hes made some bad decisions and like others have said get an experienced manager like warnock in to help organise us.

Worse was letting go of TBH, Bikey and Johnson in the summer and replacing them with 21/22 year olds
  • Sponsored links:

• Not for £950.00 quid he won't.

I'm not so sure about that, he's not short of cash and may see it as a way of getting back into management even if he didn't stay with us long term.
  • edited December 2015

Not for £950.00 quid he won't.</blockquote

The next manager will be offered a nice bonus for keeping us up - like Riga was.