Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time for an English Manager - from a patient fan.

I've got no problem with Karel as I didn't with Guy. However, Karel was given the job on an interim basis while a permanent coach was sought.
Apart from a nice 2 game spell when we seemed to be turning the corner, it looks pretty clear that we are still in the rut that Guy was in.

It's not too late to save this season and surely a new permanent appointment must now be made in time for the January transfer window.

Comments

• Interim manager! Yet another lie! I gave the bloke a chance - we saw in last two home games a naivity that exposes the owner and CEO's lack of football knowledge if they couldn't.
  • Its becoming more than a joke now. Burnley hadn't scored for 3 games before playing us.

We are in total free fall.
  • 4-0 down today, sadly if they score another couple it might be for the best - in order to emphasise the need for radical action.
  • English managers wouldn't accept the wages that KF is apparently being paid
  • edited December 2015
    Godstone said:

4-0 down today, sadly if they score another couple it might be for the best - in order to emphasise the need for radical action.

But even with that message, we know 'the senile, cowardly fool' won't heed the message.
  • English manager won't help with this squad. We don't have enough decent players to cover any injuries.
  • stonemuse said:

English managers wouldn't accept the wages that KF is apparently being paid

Just out of interest, what is he on @stonemuse ?
  • Godstone said:

I've got no problem with Karel as I didn't with Guy. However, Karel was given the job on an interim basis while a permanent coach was sought.
    Apart from a nice 2 game spell when we seemed to be turning the corner, it looks pretty clear that we are still in the rut that Guy was in.

It's not too late to save this season and surely a new permanent appointment must now be made in time for the January transfer window.

You should have a problem with him, he is an unqualified puppet and has no business managing a championship club.

I fear it is too late, unless RD changes his whole approach and gives a manager full control and backs him to build his own team, then nothing will change.
  • Unless we're going in search of a manager from the Conference South, what english manager would come to us, with this squad and pathetic wages?
  • stonemuse said:

someone on here earlier this week mentioned between 30 & 40 k - can't imagine many only earn that at our level
  • Sponsored links:

• It would be a sign that the fool realises what he is and is going to listen to people who know more than him about English Football. Basically anybody.
  • English manager won't help with this squad. We don't have enough decent players to cover any injuries.

We definitely need a new English central defender with a loud mouth but in a relegation dogfight you need experience.
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

someone on here earlier this week mentioned between 30 & 40 k - can't imagine many only earn that at our level
    I think the manager in the Coop up Charlton village is on more than that lol

God know's where we're going from here.....
  • Time for Curbs with autonomy. Needs something major like that to have any chance of turning this.
  • Time for Curbs with autonomy. Needs something major like that to have any chance of turning this.

Curbs or any other championship experienced manager would be an admission of failure.
    Something the Witch and her pimp are completely incapable of!

• Or gamble on a young rookie from the English lower leagues

100% agree. We actually have decent strikers: Lookman, Watt, Reza, Vaz Te, Vetokele (when fit) - that's a lot better than some of our squads over the years. A few sensible signings from a competent manager such as A.C and we should be fine. With the fanbase collapsing A.C would be a huge boost.

Justin Edinburgh?

Which would be a token effort at change. I don't believe they will financially back any manager.
  • Re the managers wages, had it on inside info that our last manager was poorest pain
    in the championship.
    Pay peanuts you get a monkey.
  • Sponsored links:

Justin Edinburgh?
    Good call Nicko pal. I really think that someone like him would be a decent gamble
  • Teh collapse that we are seeing needs a figurehead like Curbs now to arrest it. Make him interim manager by all means but Duchatelet - this is a crisis!
  • Neil Warnock.
  • Absolute shambles.
  • I have a big problem with KF! He is never going to succeed as he is neither qualified or experienced enough to manage Championship team.

Katrien; hire an experienced Manager who knows the league; stop selling good players; spend in January; then sack yourself.
  • I'd take Colin - He would be better than anything the fool could come up with.
  • IAgree said:

I have a big problem with KF! He is never going to succeed as he is neither qualified or experienced enough to manage Championship team.

Katrien; hire an experienced Manager who knows the league; stop selling good players; spend in January; then sack yourself.

I meant no problem as a person.

Justin Edinburgh?
    Good call Nicko pal. I really think that someone like him would be a decent gamble
    Surely we don't want to upset the Gills chairman again?

Agreed, pointless bringing in someone different unless they have a transfer budget for January AND freedom to bring in who they want, not some "promising" young European players from someone's laptop
  • What decent manager will work under RD?