Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colymore's Charlton outburst....

Not a fan of his, but he broadcasts to a national audience and has put this out to his 750k followers.....

Comments

• Yep fair play to him.
  • Let's hope Pinocchio sees this.

Well played Stan.
  • well said Stan but at the time we would not have got any other person to buy our club and could have gone out of business,everybody at the time was pleased with him taking on our Charlton,shame its going tits up but we are still in the championship which is something
  • doronron said:

well said Stan but at the time we would not have got any other person to buy our club and could have gone out of business,everybody at the time was pleased with him taking on our Charlton,shame its going tits up but we are still in the championship which is something

Not quite everyone, anyone (me included) who checked out his track record at the other clubs he owned/owns weren't quite so much. All the signs to me showed he was in this for reasons other than footballing success, and that has proven to be correct as has the fact that he's stuck in his ways and won't change his thinking so easily (his political party antics showed that alone)
    sorry not everbody,but lots of us fans were thinking we were going back to the premiership with this lot,how wrong we were

• I imagine someone told him 'Charlton's gone to the dogs' and he'd misunderstood.
  • Fiiish said:

I imagine someone told him 'Charlton's gone to the dogs' and he'd misunderstood.

Charltons gone to the dogging
  • Sponsored links:

• I just went on Stan Collymore's twitter page to find out that he's blocked me?!

I've never tweeted the bloke!

Your reputation goes before you Nick but it's a bit unfair because of the odd indiscretion late on a Saturday occasionally, so don't worry about it :wink:
  • Take it Collymore managers application or a mate of his got knocked back ..hence his rant ..he never does anything unless it effects him or his associate...
  • a shit slagging off a 'shit' .. classic
  • Well said Collymore. He's attacked this issue like it was a Swedish weathergirl.

Ouch!
  • edited December 2015

I just went on Stan Collymore's twitter page to find out that he's blocked me?!

Same here. I've never added him or tweeted him yet I'm blocked.
    I won't sleep tonight
    You'll be alright Beds try counting the crap players the clowns have signed over the last two years you'll soon drop off. He won't block me though, being a technophobe I don't do twatter :wink:
  • Badger said:

Stan is a fan of the "German Way" and how clubs are supporter owned. Ticket prices are much cheaper for the Bundesliga games, the clubs also look after the fans better.

Well then he has a bit more sense than people are giving him credit for. Because under the German way, a lot of the worst things RD seems to be doing, would have been impossible. And there is evidence for that statement.

• Badger said:

Stan is a fan of the "German Way" and how clubs are supporter owned. Ticket prices are much cheaper for the Bundesliga games, the clubs also look after the fans better.

Who isn't?
  • He's an idiot, nobody cares what he has to say, and nothing he says changes anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let us hope, unlike Goodman, he does not meet KM and after says what a wonderful person she is and he was wrong
  • ross1 said:

Let us hope, unlike Goodman, he does not meet KM and after says what a wonderful person she is and he was wrong

Zoosk?
  • Badger said:

Who isn't?
    Presumably all those on here who haven't even noticed, yet alone given their support for, Clive Effords' bill which has now had a second reading. Doesn't get a mention on here

• Let's hope Pinocchio sees this.

Well played Stan.

Doubt it
  • Also not a fan of Stan, but he predicted our situation back at October 24th. That day we lost 0-3 at home to Brentford.

Aston Villa were playing that morning - early K.O. Listening to Stan's pitch on the radio, given that Villa were/are in deep doo-doo was that 'the structure has to be right at the club before it can hope to flourish so that everybody is singing from the same hymn sheet.'

He then listed around 6 clubs where the structure was not right. He included Leeds, Portsmouth - and CHARLTON. Around 6 hours later - Luzon was sacked., (we have also lost our chief scout).

Fair play Stan, you called it right, back at October 24th.

PS: Anybody remember our league position 5pm Oct'r 24th?

• edited December 2015
    And there we have it folks.

We are relying on Stan Colly more to "tell it how it is".

Check out the "stan collymore" thread to see just how highly regarded on here our saviour is.
  • I just went on Stan Collymore's twitter page to find out that he's blocked me?!

Same thing just happened to me. It's quite feasible I have said something at some point, but I don't remember it. Weird. Guess he likes the club more than the supporters.
  • He's an idiot, nobody cares what he has to say, and nothing he says changes anything.

You obviously do, your reading and posted on a thread about him.