Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lowest home league crowd since the late 90s?

2»

Comments

• We had about 3001 against Halifax in 1972. Even with Roland & Katrien's concerted efforts, I don't think we'll fall quite that far, will we ?

Might well do if we meet them again.
  • Last nights low attendance won't be beat in the remaining home league games this season, due to the fact that there is only one more midweek home league game (MK Dons) in March, and they will possibly bring more than Bolton.

The clubs alleged figure of 10,000 season ticket holders will be included in any attendance figure given.

The fact though that was the lowest league attendance since March 1998 and includes 3 seasons in League one, must surely have the alarm bells ringing at the club. If they care, that is.
  • shirty5 said:

Last nights low attendance won't be beat in the remaining home league games this season, due to the fact that there is only one more midweek home league game (MK Dons) in March, and they will possibly bring more than Bolton.

The clubs alleged figure of 10,000 season ticket holders will be included in any attendance figure given.

The fact though that was the lowest league attendance since March 1998 and includes 3 seasons in League one, must surely have the alarm bells ringing at the club. If they care, that is.

I don't think they do care.
  • shirty5 said:

Last nights low attendance won't be beat in the remaining home league games this season, due to the fact that there is only one more midweek home league game (MK Dons) in March, and they will possibly bring more than Bolton.

They have done little to suggest that they do care.
  • We had about 3001 against Halifax in 1972. Even with Roland & Katrien's concerted efforts, I don't think we'll fall quite that far, will we ?

I seem to recall that the pitch was snow covered so maybe the weather was the overriding influence ?
  • You would think this is one of KM's key objevtives

shirty5 said:

Would have thought this is one of KM's key objectives.
  • Hex said:

We had about 3001 against Halifax in 1972. Even with Roland & Katrien's concerted efforts, I don't think we'll fall quite that far, will we ?

I seem to recall that the pitch was snow covered so maybe the weather was the overriding influence ?
    Yes and I remember going to that midweek game and I think we won 5-1

Not this season.
  • You're not a proper Charlton supporter unless you've been there when there's only been about 3,000 to 4,000 in the ground...where were you when we were shit ? Ok, where were you when we were shitter ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just remembered we've had some awful seasons since the PL days
  • Do not worry, only 3 more games until all the new players we are getting, join us, and then we zoom up the league and the crowds will get bigger and bigger. Dam those pills, I seem to be hallucinating now.
  • ross1 said:

Do not worry, only 3 more games until all the new players we are getting, join us, and then we zoom up the league and the crowds will get bigger and bigger. Dam those pills, I seem to be hallucinating now.

Have you allowed for "bedding in" time ?
  • shirty5 said:

You assume that they know we existed in 1998. Didn't the Valley have a 90,000 capacity 30 years ago.

Tony and David will be knocking up a powerpoint presentation to prove to Katrien that having smaller crowds in a good thing, less environmental impact, few protesters, more opportunity to give away free tickets to kids
    I so wish that was a joke
  • Hex said:

ross1 said:

Do not worry, only 3 more games until all the new players we are getting, join us, and then we zoom up the league and the crowds will get bigger and bigger. Dam those pills, I seem to be hallucinating now.

Have you allowed for "bedding in" time ?
    Don't worry, they probably will not have played this season yet, so will need to get fit first, so can bed in for their first 10 games while getting fit
  • You're not a proper Charlton supporter unless you've been there when there's only been about 3,000 to 4,000 in the ground...where were you when we were shit ? Ok, where were you when we were shitter ?

I know this is league, but in my mind I remember being at an Anglo-Italian cup game where I was the only person there. I practically parked outside the ground.
  • edited December 2015
    Uboat said:

You're not a proper Charlton supporter unless you've been there when there's only been about 3,000 to 4,000 in the ground...where were you when we were shit ? Ok, where were you when we were shitter ?

I know this is league, but in my mind I remember being at an Anglo-Italian cup game where I was the only person there. I practically parked outside the ground.
    That's nothing, it used to be if you rang up and asked 'what time is the kick off' they would say 'what time can you get here' and, if you wanted to talk to the bloke next to you, you had to shout...
  • tonka said:

Hex said:

We had about 3001 against Halifax in 1972. Even with Roland & Katrien's concerted efforts, I don't think we'll fall quite that far, will we ?

Yes and I remember going to that midweek game and I think we won 5-1
    Didn't Killer score a hat trick?
  • More than 20,000 at this Charlton v Bolton game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQOK3bfMAbw
  • mogodon said:

I didn't think the crowd was that bad last night in the home areas, not much different from other midweek home games. Where I sit in the centre of the East stand, all the regulars were there. The tweeted photos before kickoff were misleading, as the trains were screwed up

Whatever it looked like, they were the lowest reported figure for almost 20 years.
    and that alone should concern KM and RD

Makes the 20,000 target seem laughable. What should really worry KM and RD is that many long-term regulars are giving up. Pretty much like the side did.
    Cant be far off the 20,000 target if it means empty seats

• Sponsored links:

• Be no need to open the upper west next season.
  • West Brom game emotional memories first game with the missus replacing my dads ticket

Always given her stick since - first game. 5-0 etc

So sad to see the decline in support

Lots of good stories on the site at the mo but as a 90's charlton fan sad to see good mates leaving

As a season ticket holder of 30 years Katrien I can tell you that target 20000 is a joke