Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New low?

2»

Comments

• cafctom said:

We are only staying up based on three other clubs being worse than us. I think we might get lucky in that sense

I was talking about that tonight.

Rotherham and Bolton look good for the drop with us hoping to avoid the third spot.

There is a gap opening up and it seems any three from six.
    It's still pretty tight, Wednesday after losing at The Valley, lost to MKD tonight which wasn't helpful, but Bristol losing 4-0 to Derby makes their GD now worse than ours. Fulham are only 5 points above us as well
    Only five points !!!!!!!!

In another 17 games we'll have amassed the 2 wins needed to overtake them!!
  • cafctom said:

We are only staying up based on three other clubs being worse than us. I think we might get lucky in that sense

I was talking about that tonight.

Rotherham and Bolton look good for the drop with us hoping to avoid the third spot.

There is a gap opening up and it seems any three from six.
    It's still pretty tight, Wednesday after losing at The Valley, lost to MKD tonight which wasn't helpful, but Bristol losing 4-0 to Derby makes their GD now worse than ours. Fulham are only 5 points above us as well
    Only five points !!!!!!!!

In another 17 games we'll have amassed the 2 wins needed to overtake them!!
    If we're lucky
  • shirty5 said:

Forget the nonsense that the club sold ten thousand season tickets this season. Someone at the club has got the figures wrong by a couple of thousand at least. Three thousand not turning up every home game is not right. A thousand tops yes.

They didn't include the duplicates in their final total then, for the season tickets lost in the post?

I don't think so. I think they lost the plot entirely in August, but there has always been a four-figure gap in the FL and for an evening game that would be higher anyway.
  • And Duchatelet's solution to this mess is to find a marketing manager? He honestly thinks a marketing manager will solve the big problem? He's got his priorities absolutely wrong. Like I said in another thread, if he doesn't change his strategy/approach immediately, we will be relegated and not even have the hopes of getting back.
  • If we go down at least we can start again, this shower of shite were dishing up ATM the fans don't deserve it, and Roland might fuck off and take his puppet with him, were in relegation form to throw a 2 goal lead twice in a matter of weeks is shocking, the only thing that might save us is, there are some teams that maybe slightly worse than us, need a new defence in January if we don't then think it's curtains and deservedly so. Saw Stan collymore put a tweet up yesterday usually can't stand the bloke, but fair play to him for plugging our situation.
  • That's done me this morning on the train in and 2 millwank fans sitting opposite me laughing about charlton, " I mean we were bad but they're shocking, well be trading places next season"
  • shirty5 said:

Forget the nonsense that the club sold ten thousand season tickets this season. Someone at the club has got the figures wrong by a couple of thousand at least. Three thousand not turning up every home game is not right. A thousand tops yes.

They didn't include the duplicates in their final total then, for the season tickets lost in the post?

I don't think so. I think they lost the plot entirely in August, but there has always been a four-figure gap in the FL and for an evening game that would be higher anyway.
    the 3 words that sum up the RD reign
  • lost the plot entirely in August, but there has always been a four-figure gap in the FL and for an evening game that would be higher anyway.

the 3 words that sum up the RD reign

Why could the club not have a done a ticket deal for a two \three games, say under the working title of 'christmas cheer', for this one and the Leeds game, hardly going to be a mass demand for the Bolton one, bleak December night, still mock exams going on in schools, two teams at the arse end of the league, racing for the bottom.......Not going to claim that the matches are a marketing dream, but shows the poor brief that the current regime have ended up with and the results are there to showcase a half empty stadium.
    Seems as though KM has lost half the fan base as well as the plot at present
  • edited December 2015
    Other than Bristol City we have played all the teams around us once, from those 8 games we have a grand total of 5 points. This says it all really, we are going in only one direction.

To stay up you have to beat the teams around you and we have five draws to show for our "endeavours", we have also played most of these games at home.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm a season ticket holder who didn't go because of work commitments no other reason and for 1/2 hour thought I was going to miss the performance of the season finished the evening pleased I couldn't make it and for the first time told my wife I don't think I will renew next year. This is a wife I have been married to for 28 years and who I told when we first met that Charlton Athletic FC came first and over the years they have from putting them before nearly all other arrangements to giving them almost my last £100 in the share scheme
    Had enough need a new hobby or start following Leicester as I can get there from home quicker than I can Charlton these days
  • I've thrown in the towel for the season. Had been picking and choosing my home games (had a narrow escape as I had considered buying a pair of season tickets in the summer!) but just can't bring myself to give my cash to this regime and validate their 'experiment' any more.

Took myself and my money down to my local non-league side on Saturday, and it was fantastic as ever. Short walk from my front door, friendly crowd, decent football, beers on the terraces. Think that's where I'll be getting my football fix for the foreseeable. It makes me desperately sad to think I'm now actively staying away from The Valley (rather than just picking and choosing my games) but I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • edited December 2015
    I haven't been to the last few home games not out of choice but because of changed personal circumstances, so I'm one of the absent 3k season ticket holders or whatever the figure is.

My watching brief from afar which is what many have been saying for some time is that unless things drastically change we are on a one way ticket down the football pyramid until we bottom out and who knows where that could be under this owner and his crazy ideas.

We really are in a catch 22, who would want to buy us and pay off RD's debt mountain because I can't see him just walking away and writing his investment off so we are stuck with this megalomaniac mad man. It's like being on a runaway express train in the fog with no breaks and no one knows when the nightmare will end.

Sad, sad, worrying times indeed to be a Charlton fan.
  • It won't change and we are shafted until they go. Football club destroying mental wankers.

Have a good day all (lol)
  • Think 18k av gates was more like 16k when they arrived, but praps @Airman Brown can confirm
  • razil said:

Think 18k av gates was more like 16k when they arrived, but praps @Airman Brown can confirm

Roughly accurate, I'd say.