Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New low?

A Coca Cola cup crowd for a league game

Failure to beat the team bottom of the league with a 2-0 head start who haven't been paid

Players either playing within themselves (eg JBG) or showing an alarming loss of form (eg Cousins)

A striker being ridiculed by his own fans

A manager booed to the tunnel staring at the hand signals being given by the Covered End

Comments

• edited December 2015
    He's not a manager, I keep saying

Mind you he's no fudging head coach either....
  • Yes. Very much so.

I am now convinced we will be relegated unless something dramatic happens and the board have a complete rethink on how to tackle the Championship.
  • edited December 2015
    Worse than when we went down last time? I think so and we're not even down.
  • What was tonight's crowd? Tbf it looked like more than I was expecting.
  • See that white flag? That's ours that is?
  • jamescafc said:

What was tonight's crowd? Tbf it looked like more than I was expecting.

12,000 odd. But I expect it was more like 8,000 without the season ticket holders who didn't go.
  • If we down this season we wont come back.
  • Team or fans?
  • A Coca Cola cup crowd for a league game

Failure to beat the team bottom of the league with a 2-0 head start who haven't been paid

Players either playing within themselves (eg JBG) or showing an alarming loss of form (eg Cousins)

A striker being ridiculed by his own fans

A manager booed to the tunnel staring at the hand signals being given by the Covered End

And these all being the least of our problems, looking at the bigger picture, is the sad thing...
  • JBG, can fuck off he ain't interested, so is irrelevant to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• jamescafc said:

Team or fans?

Both
  • We are only staying up based on three other clubs being worse than us. I think we might get lucky in that sense
  • Don't blame the poor old Isle of White.

What's the next protest ? Balloons at 17 minutes.

• Good post, Athletico.. precisely, all so needless.

Charlton 'what might have been' Athletic.

It bloody hurts
  • Great post Athletico.

So bloody obvious that's the annoying thing
  • PL54 said:

Don't blame the poor old Isle of White.

You keep staying at home mate, I would suspect most of us would prefer it that way no matter what our league position.
  • PL54 said:

Don't blame the poor old Isle of White.

You keep staying at home mate, I would suspect most of us would prefer it that way no matter what our league position.
    Why ?
  • Sponsored links:

• From 18,000 to 8,000 in 23 months, that sums it up for me
  • edited December 2015
    Forget the nonsense that the club sold ten thousand season tickets this season. Someone at the club has got the figures wrong by a couple of thousand at least. Three thousand not turning up every home game is not right. A thousand tops yes.

They didn't include the duplicates in their final total then, for the season tickets lost in the post?

• Can anyone honestly see RD changing the way he's running the club? I cannot see how we get out of this. The club is being run so poorly on all levels. I have lost a lot of interest, but more saddening is my 10 year old really doesn't give a sh!t anymore and he was Charlton mad for years. I didn't renew ST's this year for the first time in over 12 years as I really have seen this coming. Sad days.
  • With another loss predicted on Saturday, I think fans now really need to hear from the Trust in terms of whether they feel dialogue with KM has/will have any impact. If nothing else, a simple acknowledgement from those running the club that the current team (management and players) are simply not good enough/under resourced and that this will be addressed in January.
  • The one really exciting thing about being relegated to Div 1 is that we can resume our tradition of gifting Millwall 6 points. That and looking up the timetables to places such as Rochdale!! Gets the pulse racing doesn't it??
  • cafctom said:

We are only staying up based on three other clubs being worse than us. I think we might get lucky in that sense

I was talking about that tonight.

Rotherham and Bolton look good for the drop with us hoping to avoid the third spot.

There is a gap opening up and it seems any three from six.
  • The one really exciting thing about being relegated to Div 1 is that we can resume our tradition of gifting Millwall 6 points. That and looking up the timetables to places such as Rochdale!! Gets the pulse racing doesn't it??

I am more worried that next season we could find ourselves in a league below Millwall (& Gillingham) whilst watching Palace have a Thursday night European adventure.

Scum will prolly go up as we go down
  • cafctom said:

We are only staying up based on three other clubs being worse than us. I think we might get lucky in that sense

Rotherham and Bolton look good for the drop with us hoping to avoid the third spot.

It's still pretty tight, Wednesday after losing at The Valley, lost to MKD tonight which wasn't helpful, but Bristol losing 4-0 to Derby makes their GD now worse than ours. Fulham are only 5 points above us as well
  • cafctom said:

It's still pretty tight, Wednesday after losing at The Valley, lost to MKD tonight which wasn't helpful, but Bristol losing 4-0 to Derby makes their GD now worse than ours. Fulham are only 5 points above us as well
    Only five points !!!!!!!!