Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sky Sports pundit Don Goodman defends Charlton chief executive Katrien Meire

"I met Katrien at the Valley before the Ipswich game and I know she’s been in for a lot of flak... But I can tell everybody that having met her, she wants to do the best she can for Charlton in very difficult circumstances – that much was clear."

Full quotes:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14146230.Sky_Sports_pundit_defends_Charlton_chief_executive_Katrien_Meire/

Comments

• used to think he was alright, clearly he's been brainwashed
  • Gawd he's got a split personality hasn't he our Don!!

First he says that the Charlton hierarchy need to sort themselves out... then he defends her

Agreed. He was spouting the opposite last week!!
  • edited December 2015
    Another one sucked in by the crap from her.

First he says that the Charlton hierarchy need to sort themselves out... then he defends her

TBF I believe that she does care and does want the club and team to do well.

And I can fully believe that she works hard and is feeling the strain.

How much of that is due to her own actions and the action of those she manages as well as Roland is up for debate but that doesn't mean she doesn't care.
    Oh god yeah... Just a shame people are coming out with one comment one week then the complete opposite the next.

Its a shame because I do really like Don Goodman and think he's the best Pundit that Sky have.
  • Sponsored links:

• She doesn't 'get it'. She failed to appreciate the relationship between the club and the fans. I appreciate that she is trying to do something about that now but sometimes it can be too late to turn the clock back. Irrespective as to what she believes many of the fans feel deceived and find her justifications offensive.

All that aside I suspect that she is doing her best and does want what is best for the club. It's just might be too late in the day for her to win the fans back.
  • Jarman said:

she wants to do the best she can for Charlton in very difficult circumstances – that much was clear.
    Interesting.
    She came to a London club with a decent enough following, a tidy little squad assembled by a club legend not to mention the renowned youth system.

In my opinion all negativity after that point is the fault of her and Roland exclusively.
    They need to get the squad back to a decent standard, gets fans back in the ground, appoint a manager for longer than 10 minutes and stop fucking whinging.

Unfortunately much of this squad was out of contract at the end of the season. Yann, Hamer, Morro, Wiggins, Dale, Poyet plus the likes of Dervite and Sordell.

RD and KM may have made many mistakes, but they inherited a far worse situation than you suggest
  • totally agree with the above, how many people would not do the best they can in their jobs? However, I do actually feel she cares and its not all an act. However, her attitude towards our issues has shown she is punching above her weight. She is not good enough for the job and in her position, I would resign. Not just because she isn't good enough, but also because she has had to deal with every single one of Rolands poor decision, and let's face it, there has been a hell of a lot.
  • It's not all an act, it's obvious she does care somewhat but the second she was caught laughing and taking pictures of those who really do care she lost the last jot of respect I had for her.
  • What she thinks best might not what be what is best for the club
  • Next in the "Sky Sports pundit Don Goodman gives another stating-the-bleedin'-obvious opinion on something he knows little about" series - Sky Sports pundit Don Goodman likes the fact people are able to bring their kids into the pub on a Sunday afternoon, but not when it gets too noisy. Exclusive to a clickbait website that's not as near you as it used to be.
  • He is going to say that because on a personal level she is a very charming individual.
    Is the bloke a journalist? If he is he hasn't dug very far?

How much of that is due to her own actions and the action of those she manages as well as Roland is up for debate but that doesn't mean she doesn't care.
    She's either incredibly stupid, thinks the fans are incredibly stupid or has lied to us/ been very flexible with the truth though (on more than one occasion) regardless of how hard she works or cares about Roland's naughtiest little child. Treats us like mugs and with contempt and half the strain is probably because of that.

Of course she wants the club to do well...her career and ego are affected by it. It is very unlikely for altruistic reasons. The most incompetent CEO in my recent memory of the club and you should be caring, hard working and feeling the strain in such a position particularly when your operation has performed and continues to perform so poorly and below expectation and potential and you're losing customers by the thousands.
  • It's OK everyone, Don Goodman has spoken, it's all OK, nothing to see here.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

Before he made these statements did he say 'I'll tell you what'.

No, he said "For me".
  • I am in the 'she's alright' and doing her limited best corner ... except of course .. that she is in the wrong job .. a gimmick appointment .. she's a facts and figures/finance/HR/Legal eagle kinda lady and just NOT a football person.

I wish her all the very best during the rest of her time at CAFC, more for the sake of the club than for her own as I suspect that she'll continue to be a square peg in a round hole, or vice versa, for quite some time to come
  • edited December 2015
    This ownership, more than ANY we've had previously, has the where-with-all to change the "difficult circumstances". So why won't they? When taking over in any unfamiliar situation, good managers surround themselves with people who know what they're doing. Management is not rocket science.
  • See, I don't know what you were all worried about. It only took a 5 minute chat in the corridor with good old Don Goodman to sort this whole mess out. Now that everything's been cleared up we can get on with winning the league now.

Totally endorse Henry's comments. Its not for want of caring, its for want of ability, implementing and managing.

• Don is the 98%
  • It's not all an act, it's obvious she does care somewhat but the second she was caught laughing and taking pictures of those who really do care she lost the last jot of respect I had for her.

This