Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A Chrsitmas lunch/dinner related question

edited December 2015 in Not Sports Related
If 8 of you were dining at your in laws and there were only 6 dining room chairs.

Which option would you prefer ?

A. Take 2 of your dining room chairs, so you had the correct number.
B. Let your wife and sister-in-law, eat lunch/dinner sitting on camodes ?

I only ask, because my good wife & I have a difference of opinion.

Comments

• When we had too many guests and too few dining chairs we'd just get the two chairs used at the Computers
  • C. Get so smashed before dinner that you're left to sleep on the sofa and you don't have to speak to the in laws.
  • Say/do nothing till xmas day then kick off about there not being enough chairs and storm out to the pub for the day
  • that would be s shit dinner. A commode is taking the piss.
  • Sponsored links:

• What about the emergency chairs?
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    Ok. I'll be honest, the wife has gone ballistic, because I took 2 dining room chairs over & is demanding that I bring them back, because she wants to sit on a camode.

Go figure.
  • edited December 2015

Ok. I'll be honest, the wife has gone ballistic, because I took 2 dining room chairs over & is demanding that I bring them back, because she wants to sit on a camode.

Go figure.

Edit; previous comments retracted in the light of the fuller facts :disappointed:
  • A & B - A for the wife, B for the s-in-law. #justjoking
  • You could always ask the club if you could borrow the sofa.

but just don't ask them to deliver it .

• Don't people have tressel tables and garden chairs anymore?
  • Can I just remind anyone thinking of going with option B, do not put a close bracket after it

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/69954/iain-dowie-sacked-by-charlton-9-years-ago-today/p3

It won't be a B anymore it will be a B)

• Ok. I'll be honest, the wife has gone ballistic, because I took 2 dining room chairs over & is demanding that I bring them back, because she wants to sit on a camode.

Go figure.

I don't understand this at all. Am I missing the joke? She wants to sit on a tall potty in public whilst eating her turkey?

• Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

Go figure.

I don't understand this at all. Am I missing the joke? She wants to sit on a tall potty in public whilst eating her turkey?

Well, if the lid's open I suppose it cuts down on the trips to the loo #enlargedprostate
  • Surely if you have been invited to eat, your host would be expected to provide seating.
    I would act as if I knew nothing about the the lack of chairs and when it comes time to sit down I would make sure me and the good wife are two of the first six to get to the table.
    Or you could all play musical chairs.
  • cafcfan said:

Curb_It said:

Go figure.

Well, if the lid's open I suppose it cuts down on the trips to the loo #enlargedprostate
    Especially after a few pre dinner pints. Once that seal is broken this would be quite convenient.

• edited December 2015
    Curb_It said:

Go figure.

Yep. Her mum's had a stroke & is recovering. There are 2 camodes in the house & my wife is insistent that she wants to sit on a camode, (with the seat on) to eat her Xmas meal. So basically it's like a wheelchair, rather than sit on a dining room chair. She says that I'm mad for taking over dining room chairs and is demanding I bring them back.

I'll never understand the fairer sex.
  • Curb_It said:

Go figure.

Yep. Her mum's had a stroke & is recovering. There are 2 camodes in the house & my wife is insistent that she wants to sit on a camode, (with the seat on) to eat her Xmas meal. So basically it's like a wheelchair, rather than sit on a dining room chair. She says that I'm mad for taking over dining room chairs and is demanding I bring them back.

Wow!! That's all I can say.
  • Invite your old flame from Blackpool
  • A is a no brainer. As is (no-offence meant) anyone who would choose B.
  • edited December 2015

Curb_It said:

Go figure.

Wow!! That's all I can say.
    I said a bit more than wow. I don't think we're talking now :smile:
  • Take deck chairs
  • Curb_It said:

Go figure.

I think this is probably the strangest reason I've ever read for someone to get upset, male or female.