Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I'm going tomorrow because...

13»

Comments

• Cos I'm Charlton till I die
  • Because we are in the UK. We will be there Tuesday too, and then there's every chance we won't get back for another game until winter 2017.
  • sam3110 said:

Uboat said:

sam3110 said:

im not going tomorrow because we are run by clowns

More fool you, the club will be here after Roland, we've had Glikstein in the past, Slater and Jiminez as well, but at the end of the day the club is there for us.

It offers us a family, friendship, passion, excitement, laughter, joy, as well as tears, disappointment, embarrassment, anger and sadness, but it's our club and because we truly love it we should always endeavour to attend matches, cheer the team on and support Charlton Athletic.

And that's why, come 2.30pm, I will have walked down the hill from the chippy, bought a programme on Floyd Road, and entered the turnstiles to take my seat in the East Stand, because Charlton Athletic is my football club, and nothing will change that
    Then what do you do for half an hour?
    Thumb through the programme, put a couple of optimistic bets on and watch the team warm up.

sam3110 said:

More fool you, the club will be here after Roland, we've had Glikstein in the past, Slater and Jiminez as well, but at the end of the day the club is there for us.

It offers us a family, friendship, passion, excitement, laughter, joy, as well as tears, disappointment, embarrassment, anger and sadness, but it's our club and because we truly love it we should always endeavour to attend matches, cheer the team on and support Charlton Athletic.

And that's why, come 2.30pm, I will have walked down the hill from the chippy, bought a programme on Floyd Road, and entered the turnstiles to take my seat in the East Stand, because Charlton Athletic is my football club, and nothing will change that
    First two paragraphs were great.

But at 14.30 you need to be outside the main entrance.
    No thanks, I'm not on board with the protest
    Of course you're not. Look at our manager and wake up.
    No need to "wake up" matey, I make my own decisions in life and if I feel the Manager and the owner are better than certain alternatives then that's my view. A differing opinion to yours doesn't warrant an arsey comment from you.
  • My kids are making me.

When we're out sung for 90 minutes by 3,000 northern bellends they may understand why I didn't want to go...
  • sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Uboat said:

sam3110 said:

Thumb through the programme, put a couple of optimistic bets on and watch the team warm up.

sam3110 said:

No need to "wake up" matey, I make my own decisions in life and if I feel the Manager and the owner are better than certain alternatives then that's my view. A differing opinion to yours doesn't warrant an arsey comment from you.
    Well said.
  • No matter how poorly our club is run, it could be worse, we could be Leeds.
  • Because I support Charlton Athletic its my team and despite all what goes on I love the club

Does it for me ..
  • Because we are in the UK. We will be there Tuesday too, and then there's every chance we won't get back for another game until winter 2017.

I would like to add that I support the protests for more openness and clarity in what is going on, I want to see some kind of positive strategy and I am very unhappy with the board and the CEO at the moment. But I still support the team on a match day.
  • sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Uboat said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

I feel the Manager and the owner are better than certain alternatives
    You must have a very vivid imagination.
  • I want to win all the pies on pie cam.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your f*ckin' armchair wankin' off to Pop Idols? Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage? Then go and spunk your wages on kebabs, fruit machines and brasses? F*ck that for a laugh! I know what I'd rather do. Tottenham awayLeeds at home, love it!
  • Croydon said:

What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your f*ckin' armchair wankin' off to Pop Idols? Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage? Then go and spunk your wages on kebabs, fruit machines and brasses? F*ck that for a laugh! I know what I'd rather do. Tottenham awayLeeds at home, love it!

Bit too much detail there!
  • Croydon said:

can't you do all that and then go to football?
  • Croydon said:

Try this website if your struggling.

http://www.relate.org.uk/
  • Croydon said:

Welcome to CL, to the Mayor of Croydon.
  • Always have, always will.
    Still get a buzz walking down Floyd Road.
  • I want to win all the pies on pie cam.

Steve Evans has already won it. It's fixed
  • want to show off my new black and white scarf
  • Trying to avoid panto, anyone got a spare?
  • I just assumed everyone could quote Danny Dyer in football factory word for word.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

I just assumed everyone could quote Danny Dyer in football factory word for word.

I thought it was the new advertising copy for Katrien's follow up to the "score on the pitch" campaign!
  • I dont comment on here normally and me and my dad haven't been going to the valley all season due to his work and just generally not feeling the same way about it as we used to. However I too can't stand the thought of 3000 fans from 'Leeds' (London and the surrounding areas) taking over the valley! I will be going and have got myself a black and white scarf. I also have a friend who supports Leeds who will be there and we have always won when we have both been in the ground…I've jinxed it now…
  • DENCH said:

I dont comment on here normally and me and my dad haven't been going to the valley all season due to his work and just generally not feeling the same way about it as we used to. However I too can't stand the thought of 3000 fans from 'Leeds' (London and the surrounding areas) taking over the valley! I will be going and have got myself a black and white scarf. I also have a friend who supports Leeds who will be there and we have always won when we have both been in the ground…I've jinxed it now…

Good man.
  • I want to get drunk
  • To sing the Adam's family song
  • Croydon said:

What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your f*ckin' armchair wankin' off to Pop Idols?

Since Pop Idol was cancelled 12 years ago, I'd imagine that's some worn out video tape. No wonder his wife gives him a funny look.
  • razil said:

Trying to avoid panto, anyone got a spare?

I went to the Panto in the end, Robin Hood at Gravesend