Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester tickets (initial 1,024 allocation, general sale, £16.50)

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-fa-cup-tickets-colchester-2845480.aspx

INITIAL allocation of 1024 - general sale. Should be fun.

Prices not too silly.

Previous turnouts at Colchester:
2007/08 (Layer Road): 1,000 sold out
2009/10 (Tuesday night): 2,066
2010/11 (Jan 1st): 1,228
2011/12 (Tuesday night): 1,550

Comments

• £16.50 seems almost archaically cheap, well done to Colchester.

I'm sure the lack of sales restrictions will cause a major kicking off.
  • How can they justify such a small allocation for a cup game? Don't FA rules state we have to get a certain % of capacity?
  • How can they justify such a small allocation for a cup game? Don't FA rules state we have to get a certain % of capacity?

INITIAL. We'll get the away end, which hold over 2,000.
  • se9addick said:

£16.50 seems almost archaically cheap, well done to Colchester.

Well none of the boycotters will be going, so it shouldn't be too bad :smile:
  • edited December 2015

How can they justify such a small allocation for a cup game? Don't FA rules state we have to get a certain % of capacity?

INITIAL. We'll get the away end, which hold over 2,000.
    Edit: It looks as if they MAY be trying to put us in the Jobserve stand instead of behind the goal. Charlton have probably told them 1,000 is likely to be enough, although to be honest Colchester may as well have asked a random person in the local pub as someone in our ticket office.

From their website: "The location of the away fans inside Colchester Community Stadium depends on how large the traveling contingent is, with supporters routinely housed within the northern section of the JobServe stand by default. If the standard allocation of around 1,000 seats is deemed to be too small, fans will be moved to the North Stand which is capable of seating twice as many visitors, usually around 2,000 seats."
  • Fair play to Colchester good pricing, surely we'll bring more than 1k?
  • MAY be trying to put us in the Jobserve stand instead of behind the goal. Charlton have probably told them 1,000 is likely to be enough, although to be honest Colchester may as well have asked a random person in the local pub as someone in our ticket office.

From their website: "The location of the away fans inside Colchester Community Stadium depends on how large the traveling contingent is, with supporters routinely housed within the northern section of the JobServe stand by default. If the standard allocation of around 1,000 seats is deemed to be too small, fans will be moved to the North Stand which is capable of seating twice as many visitors, usually around 2,000 seats."
    Why the criticism? Not everything that happens now is wrong !
  • Sponsored links:

• MAY be trying to put us in the Jobserve stand instead of behind the goal. Charlton have probably told them 1,000 is likely to be enough, although to be honest Colchester may as well have asked a random person in the local pub as someone in our ticket office.

Why the criticism? Not everything that happens now is wrong !

If they can't work out that you don't run a coach from Bromley to Charlton en route to Selhurst Park there's really not much chance of them being able to estimate our likely away support for an FA Cup match in a month's time in Essex. I'm not sure I can either, to be fair.
  • But why criticise? They presumably only have the staff they have who as individuals do what they can do. Is any fan really at this time disadvantaged in any real way?
  • When do they go on sale?
  • se9addick said:

Oh yeah, the Valley Gold twice-a-season brigade will be going potty here.

Again the club have c****d up with selling tickets. No priority sale and straight on general sale, crazy.
  • se9addick said:

Again the club have c****d up with selling tickets. No priority sale and straight on general sale, crazy.
    It really depends on what's beyond the "initial" sale. I think Palace was supposed to be an "initial" allocation, although that was never likely. It's probably poor communication rather than anything else.
  • se9addick said:

It really depends on what's beyond the "initial" sale. I think Palace was supposed to be an "initial" allocation, although that was never likely. It's probably poor communication rather than anything else.
    When will the club rid itself of poor communication?
  • How is it poor communication? It's an initial allocation. As I interpret if demand is greater than supply we may get more. Where is the problem?
  • How is it poor communication? It's an initial allocation. As I interpret if demand is greater than supply we may get more. Where is the problem?

It's in the word "may". As Elfsborg says, people panic, reasonably or not, just as they don't like being left outside the ground ten minutes into a new season, despite being told second-hand they may need to be "patient".
  • Ok so what are you seriously suggesting should gave been done or said instead? I am struggling to see who is at risk of being disadvantaged or how anyone sho wishes to go won't be able to.

You will know better than me the consequences of committing to a larger allocation before the demand is confirmed but I don't immediately see why this approach is flawed or in anyway creates an issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• In hindsight, taking 2,000+ midweek in League One was pretty good for us
  • Ok so what are you seriously suggesting should gave been done or said instead? I am struggling to see who is at risk of being disadvantaged or how anyone sho wishes to go won't be able to.

You will know better than me the consequences of committing to a larger allocation before the demand is confirmed but I don't immediately see why this approach is flawed or in anyway creates an issue.

It is the same old story each time we have a game where demand will probably outstrip supply, although admittedly it does not happen often.

Why is there no priority for the 3-500 that travel to the vast majority of games?

• Do they need priority in reality then? As I started on this track; is this really a club statement that needs criticism?
  • I can only repeat what I have said before, sorry.
  • There will be more tickets if we need them. It's not as if the Colchester Fans will see this game as the highlight of their season!
  • There will be more tickets if we need them. It's not as if the Colchester Fans will see this game as the highlight of their season!

They might even get to the next round.
  • I can only repeat what I have said before, sorry.

Which is what exactly in the context of my point? I would repeat I can't see any realistic threat of anyone not getting a ticket who wants one nor either an I appreciate what you wanted the club to do differently that serves any real value.

We must all really stop looking to find a problem in anything the club does. Things aren't perfect but equally this is not a problem.

Criticism should be saved for the real issues and not items such as this.

• edited December 2015

I can only repeat what I have said before, sorry.

Which is what exactly in the context of my point? I would repeat I can't see any realistic threat of anyone not getting a ticket who wants one nor either an I appreciate what you wanted the club to do differently that serves any real value.

We must all really stop looking to find a problem in anything the club does. Things aren't perfect but equally this is not a problem.

Criticism should be saved for the real issues and not items such as this.

But this another part of the real issues at the club, certainly off the field.

Distribution, or not in the case for a lot of people, of season tickets.

Ticket Office being only open for three days, where else does that happen?

Valley Express availability, and when available not being able to get supporters to games on time or going on a scenic route.

The above are real issues that have received a lot of criticism.
  • JaShea99 said:

When do they go on sale?

Alright cheers.
  • In hindsight, taking 2,000+ midweek in League One was pretty good for us

Aren't our away numbers always pretty good when we're having a good season?