Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Leeds Utd | Sat 12 Dec | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 1-2 loss, got a bad feeling Evans will tactically get the better of Fraeye just like McCarthy did.

Lookman to get our goal.
  • 1-2 loss, got a bad feeling Evans will tactically get the better of Fraeye just like McCarthy did.

Lookman to get our goal.

My exact worries. Target our CB's, infact target our entire back line.. Bore us out the game, try to allow no exciting counter attacking and they'll have the better of us.

Lookman to get our goal.

Something similar to the Rotherham match then basically?
  • I'm predicting 17-0. Haven't decided who to yet.
  • Hendo
    Solly Diarra Lennon THD
    Cousins Jackson
    Reza JBG Lookman
    Vaz Te
  • hawksmoor said:

I'm predicting 17-0. Haven't decided who to yet.

At least be realistic.. 17-4 to either team!
  • Hendo
    Solly Diarra Lennon THD
    Cousins Jackson
    Reza JBG Lookman
    Vaz Te

Agree on the whole but with Diarra having to play in defense perhaps we should pack that CM position... maybe Ba for JBG.. give him a little rest.. bring him on at half time and see if he can have an impact.

Will certainly confuse Leeds as they'll be expecting him to start and I'm sure keeping him quiet is a large part of their (and most teams we play) game plan.
  • Hendo
    Solly Diarra Lennon THD
    Cousins Jackson
    Reza JBG Lookman
    Vaz Te

Agree on the whole but with Diarra having to play in defense perhaps we should pack that CM position... maybe Ba for JBG.. give him a little rest.. bring him on at half time and see if he can have an impact.

Will certainly confuse Leeds as they'll be expecting him to start and I'm sure keeping him quiet is a large part of their (and most teams we play) game plan.
    Nah we will concede 3 either way and we have a better chance of scoring 4 with my team :-)
  • Hendo
    Solly Diarra Lennon THD
    Cousins Jackson
    Reza JBG Lookman
    Vaz Te

Nah we will concede 3 either way and we have a better chance of scoring 4 with my team :-)
    Very good point. Hard to argue with that logic!
  • I predict a riot.

But a wet one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Relatively confident, don't know why, think we'll win 2-0.

Lookman & Cousins.
  • think we'll win
  • Keep a look out for the Match Preview podcast featuring @LouisMend @wallin58 and myself for this weekends fixture on the Charlton Live website.
  • A 2-2 draw as both sets of supporters take it in turns to slag off their owners...
  • Very similar side to us: peculiar owner......manager with no success at this level......squad of imported players......few defenders.....plenty of midfielders (is this the new thing?)........a win would be great, equally if the mils recovery continues with a hard fought draw I'd take that too
  • Two crap teams but we will win(just) due to home advantage.
  • Think we will win this one.

RVT, Lennon and a JBG pen score as we win 3 - 1.
  • Hendo
    Solly Diarra Lennon THD
    Cousins Jackson
    Reza JBG Lookman
    Vaz Te

Agree that is the best team we have available. Interesting to see how many of our big summer signings are there. Yep. None. Only Bauer and, possibly, Kashi would get in if available. Funny state of affairs.
  • Two winable home games coming up again. Wont win any of them and this one will be 0-3 as usual.
  • 0 points from Leeds and Bolton and ill start to panic i maintained if we are near the bottom at xmas then ill worry, these are games we have to take points from, 4 points from these 2 games and think we will be alright as it will prove we can pull out a result when really needed.

routing for a 1-0 win dont care whether we play well or not just get the 3 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    I would like to point out that so far this season,
    That in 3 of our wins, QPR, Hull and Sheff Wed we played well but the opposition were weak on the day. Birmingham weren't weak but left there shooting boots at home. Bottom line is we can't seem to win unless our opponents have an off day for 90 minutes. We need to get a victory when we play average or else we will sink faster than the Titanic (what too soon )

Charlton supporters are Revolting, Leeds fans are Revolting,
    but in the battle between the Introvert bizarre Owner and the extrovert Bizarre owner ?

Both teams play average and

Belgium 2 Italy 1

PS. Why do Leeds fans take drugs by putting them between their teeth ?

E BY GUM
  • Maybe that could apply against Birmingham, i.e. they had plenty of chances and didn't take them, but against Sheffield Wednesday / Hull / Queens Park Rangers, they didn't deserve anything because we were the better side (Has nothing to do with them being poor)...

i.e. against Hull the score flattered them
  • edited December 2015
    Any result is possible tomorrow - it is virtually impossible to predict IMO.- I won't be too up if we win or too low if we lose!
  • No winable home games coming up ever again. Wont win any of them and this one will be 0-3 as usual.

Fixed that for you.
  • Will miss Diara in midfield, but with no Bauer he has to play centre half. Again, without Sarr, I would be tempted to start with Makienok for defensive set pieces. I think it is time for Holmes-Dennis to have a go at left back. I’d go: Henderson, Solly, Holmes-Dennis, Diara, Sarr, Ba, Cousins, JBG, Reza, Makieknock, Lookman. Can’t see us keeping a clean sheet so will have to go on the offensive to have our best chance. Passing needs to be crisper and more accurate by about 5%. I’d have JJ on the bench to use if it isn’t working.
  • A win for us if we can keep 11 players on the field.
  • Leeds to get a bloody good hiding.
    4-0 Charlton
    JBG hatrick and Lookman.
  • Another home game and yet more empty seats no doubt. But the away end will be full and in full voice as Leeds come out on top 2-0. Heading forever downwards.
  • Would like to finally put one over Mr Blobby in the visitors dug out but that said Mr Blobby has never beaten us either. We have always drawn 1-1 against Mr Blobby.