Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

get our fecking loan players back

there we are, paper thin squad falling down the table like a stone with injuries & suspensions all over the place & we lend out players like we are Chelski.

Recall Hariott & Watt NOW............feck if we agreed terms until the near year, just recall them or do the league expect us to play the U16's next.

FARCE

Comments

• We can't recall them until January.
  • edited December 2015
    dickplumb said:

We can't recall them until January.

Yeah, my memory's going too.

I cant even remember the ending to Total Recall
  • dickplumb said:

We can't recall them until January.

stupid rule - our players, so down to us when & where they play. recall them & tell the league to do one, end of.
    Then get fined or docked points, good idea. Watt doesn't want to play for us.

• Calm down.

We did a deal with Col U.

Presumably because they are paying some or all of his wages Col U have some security and hence we can't just recall them. That's as it should be to protect clubs taking loanees.

When we loaned Coquelin from Arsenal they still paid all his wages hence them being able to recall him when they wanted.

Remember we move players out to save money on wages as much as to give them game time.

I agree our recruitment and loan policy is bizarre and full of expensive mistakes but the rules are fair and proper IMHO.

Blame Roland and his 28 or 30 players max regardless of age, injury or experience rule not the loan system.

Harriott's different as he went on a half season loan before the window closed. Don't think who is paying for the loan comes into it.

Coquelin was on a short term loan so could be recalled after 28 days.

Perhaps we should have waited a couple of weeks and loaned Harriott out in September. We'd have been able to loan him out for a month then recall or extend for a second or third month. He wouldn't be able to stay as long as he could on a half season loan but that might not have been a bad thing as he'd have been back for the games over Christmas and New Year.
  • Sorry dont want Watt back... He's got new club syndrome at Cardiff, give it a couple of weeks and he'll be criticising his performances which'll affect each match after the other.

I was laughed at when I said Reza can replace Watt yet he's scored one less goal than Watt playing half the matches this season (Would have been level had Watt not scored yesterday)
  • No thanks they can both stay out on loan or be sold.
  • Honestly I still doubt that Harriott doing well for Colchester in League One means he'll suddenly be good enough for the championship when he clearly wasn't before. Rather than get him back it would be better to sell him to a now very keen Colchester and try and reinvest the money in a player that can do a job, even if it was a free transfer on big wages on a six month contract.
  • se9addick said:

Honestly I still doubt that Harriott doing well for Colchester in League One means he'll suddenly be good enough for the championship when he clearly wasn't before. Rather than get him back it would be better to sell him to a now very keen Colchester and try and reinvest the money in a player that can do a job, even if it was a free transfer on big wages on a six month contract.

Ultimately this... Harriott will no doubt come back from his loan a rejuvinated player and someone with confidence, yet at the end of the day he scored twice yesterday against a Non-League club and has been playing against League One opposition.

Yes he should hopefully come back a better player... The fans just can't expect him to be the next saviour
  • Sponsored links:

• recalling neither would make a difference. Watt was off form and wanted to go and as for Harriott he simply isn't good at our level but would be ok when we are in League 1. It's CH and CM where we are desperately lacking.
  • edited December 2015
    se9addick said:

Honestly I still doubt that Harriott doing well for Colchester in League One means he'll suddenly be good enough for the championship when he clearly wasn't before. Rather than get him back it would be better to sell him to a now very keen Colchester and try and reinvest the money in a player that can do a job, even if it was a free transfer on big wages on a six month contract.

This would be too sensible mate, and anyway RD's track record is to gamble at least half the time with a transfer fee, or none at all in the case of Moro. Plan B, putting Harriott back in the team is not a bad alternative IMO assuming the fans give him a chance.
  • RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

This would be too sensible mate, and anyway RD's track record is to gamble at least half the time with a transfer fee, or none at all in the case of Moro. Plan B, putting Harriott back in the team is not a bad alternative IMO assuming the fans give him a chance.
    To be honest I was tempted to add something along the lines of my absolute lack of faith in them signing anything approaching appropriate but didn't want to start my week on such a cynical note !!
  • Without hesitation , I'd have Harriot in the side.
  • edited December 2015

recalling neither would make a difference. Watt was off form and wanted to go and as for Harriott he simply isn't good at our level but would be ok when we are in League 1. It's CH and CM where we are desperately lacking.

We have been missing a Left-Midfielder since we failed to sign Bulot though... the fact we didn't get him, and the fact that Harriott has been on loan means that we've had to play a Central Midfielder out on the wing more often than not.

Jackson . Ba . Cousins . Kashi . Moussa . Diarra . Muldoon are all available to play in the Centre we just need an Attacking Midfielder like Ajdarevic (although fitter) who can create something

*Note I've put Kashi in Italics because he's injured, Moussa I've not marked him as being injured because we don't know.

If we make any purchases in January (lol!)... I mainly want it to be on Centre Backs in the Roger Johnson mould... We're scoring goals now, what we need to bloomin' do is stop them from going in
  • Maybe the change of scenery will have the same effect on him as it did on Bulot last season.
  • I think Harriott is decent enough to make an impact if he comes back with some confidence from all his goals and assists at Colchester. If he gets tackled a couple of times in his first home game back we'll soon strip away any confidence from him though.

Ship has sailed with Watt for the time-being even if we could ignore the rules and recall him instantly, it'd scupper what he sees as an opportunity and he'd get even more unhappy and the pretend injuries when he's knackered/lost his discipline at the end of games would get even more frequent - either shouldn't have loaned him out in the first place or we have to wait until Jan.
  • i think the chances of watt coming back are slim, he doesnt want to be here.
  • recalling neither would make a difference. Watt was off form and wanted to go and as for Harriott he simply isn't good at our level but would be ok when we are in League 1. It's CH and CM where we are desperately lacking.

If we make any purchases in January (lol!)... I mainly want it to be on Centre Backs in the Roger Johnson mould... We're scoring goals now, what we need to bloomin' do is stop them from going in
    Great minds @ForeverAddickted , great minds :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    RedChaser said:

recalling neither would make a difference. Watt was off form and wanted to go and as for Harriott he simply isn't good at our level but would be ok when we are in League 1. It's CH and CM where we are desperately lacking.

Doesnt even have to be someone from England... Even a 32-year old from Portugal in the Jorge Costa mould would be fine by me.

Certainly don't want Diarra back in Defence as him and Jackson there are the rock of the team, if we sort out the latter we'll finish mid-table (Hell if we'd won on Saturday we'd only have been nine points from the bloody Play-Offs!!)

At one point Paul Walsh said on Saturday that the Charlton side looked like conceding whenever Brighton went forward, it was only against Sheffield Wednesday that I've not felt that myself this season
  • It says something about the state of our shit cart football club, when we are begging to get back one player who is League One standard at best and another who doesn't want to play for us unless he can play the oppo on his own.
  • Greenie said:

It says something about the state of our shit cart football club, when we are begging to get back one player who is League One standard at best and another who doesn't want to play for us unless he can play the oppo on his own.

Sorry are you talking about Tony Watt here...?

Can't be talking about Callum Harriott who was showing his delight in Ademola Lookman scoring on Saturday
  • callum harriot loves charlton but i think hes out of his depth in the championship, and its not fair on a player to loan him out then bring him back in to get his confidence shot to pieces, fans on his back etc which is what will happen if you dont perform.
  • Without hesitation , I'd have Harriot in the side.

...and five minutes later you'd be thinking "ah yes, I remember now" !
  • Greenie said:

It says something about the state of our shit cart football club, when we are begging to get back one player who is League One standard at best and another who doesn't want to play for us unless he can play the oppo on his own.

Sorry are you talking about Tony Watt here...?

Can't be talking about Callum Harriott who was showing his delight in Ademola Lookman scoring on Saturday
    Yep (Watt) he was the another in my post.
  • callum harriot loves charlton but i think hes out of his depth in the championship, and its not fair on a player to loan him out then bring him back in to get his confidence shot to pieces, fans on his back etc which is what will happen if you dont perform.

I think its worth bringing him back though... Scott Parker wasn't rated before his Norwich move (which was to a lower Division) and we all know how that turned out, of course I don't expect Harriott to have that exact type of loan but with us in the situation we're in... I don't think it would hurt to try him again as one of the following will / can happen if necessary.

We stay up... Harriott performs = We offer a new Contract and see what happens next season
    We stay up... Harriott doesn't perform = We maybe say goodbye

We go down... Well we all know how Harriot has performed in League One, so in that case I'd certainly say keep

We have been missing a Left-Midfielder since we failed to sign Bulot though... the fact we didn't get him, and the fact that Harriott has been on loan means that we've had to play a Central Midfielder out on the wing more often than not.

Jackson . Ba . Cousins . Kashi . Moussa . Diarra . Muldoon are all available to play in the Centre we just need an Attacking Midfielder like Ajdarevic (although fitter) who can create something

*Note I've put Kashi in Italics because he's injured, Moussa I've not marked him as being injured because we don't know.

Moussa played for the under 21's again today
  • RedChaser said:

Doesnt even have to be someone from England... Even a 32-year old from Portugal in the Jorge Costa mould would be fine by me.

Certainly don't want Diarra back in Defence as him and Jackson there are the rock of the team, if we sort out the latter we'll finish mid-table (Hell if we'd won on Saturday we'd only have been nine points from the bloody Play-Offs!!)

At one point Paul Walsh said on Saturday that the Charlton side looked like conceding whenever Brighton went forward, it was only against Sheffield Wednesday that I've not felt that myself this season
    He does not seem to have a good word to say about us. I bet he did not say that Brighton looked like conceding everytime we attacked. Which they did.