Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters are urged to arrive at The Valley early on Saturday with increased security measures

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015

Cynical but clever move by KM. I expect the additional security measures will prohibit any gathering of fans in the West Stand car park. And as we have been warned it may take extra time to get in I would also guess that a large number of fans will get in after the 2 minute mark.

I recommend Sky News or BBC News Channel. They are both really informative when it comes to covering world events and current affairs!
  • Options
    Was at Wembley last week and Arsenal last night. Both venues had extra security in place that did not impact too greatly on how long it took to get into the stadiums. In reality it's a token gesture to be honest, but the measures still provide a little extra reassurance.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Cynical but clever move by KM. I expect the additional security measures will prohibit any gathering of fans in the West Stand car park. And as we have been warned it may take extra time to get in I would also guess that a large number of fans will get in after the 2 minute mark.

I saw Cologne play on Saturday and due to extra security it took 40 minutes' queuing to get into the stadium. These measures are in place all over Europe, I don't think Meire would stoop so low as to use Paris as an excuse for derailing protests. Well, you'd hope so.
    Bet the measures will not be in place when i go to watch Telstar v Den Bosch on Friday night.
  • Options

I know most comments are tongue in cheek, but in all seriousness I welcome this. Just hope the people the club get to handle the checks are up to the job.

and that they are sensible. I realise that many on here like to go for a jar or two before the game and therefore will get their "lunch"
    there, but many others do not. I, for one. am intending to eat my lunch at half time & rather than pay over the odds for catered food was intending to bring in sandwiches for me & my 12 yr old boy. I don't mind being searched but would be peeved if they took stuff off you.
    Fear not Golfie, I doubt they will be confiscating your sandwiches.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

I saw Cologne play on Saturday and due to extra security it took 40 minutes' queuing to get into the stadium. These measures are in place all over Europe, I don't think Meire would stoop so low as to use Paris as an excuse for derailing protests. Well, you'd hope so.
    Bet the measures will not be in place when i go to watch Telstar v Den Bosch on Friday night.
    Well don't be too sure. I missed 20% of the Slash concert here in Prague because of last minute security double-up and yes, as @Clem_Snide warns, it is fine if they know what they are doing. The less the venue is used to tight security the more likely that it will be a complete mess.
  • Options
    I can see an already threatened attendance (TV, early kick off) being even lower as a result of this.
  • Options
    Blimey, it used to be to get a game.