Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Supporters are urged to arrive at The Valley early on Saturday with increased security measures

Comments

• I'll be arriving at least 2.5 hours earlier than normal
  • They're not going to be confiscating black and white scarves or leaflets now are they?
  • Meire fearing for her own safety?? :wink:
  • Very convenient.
  • this is a good idea in light of current events and i doubt it is because of the 2% 200 people protesting :smiley:
  • Addickted said:

"For your convenience we encourage fans not to bring any bulky items....."

That rules out you getting in full stop

Leave my packed lunch out of this.

• edited November 2015

Very convenient.

KM has even got QPR in on the act

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-loftus-road-w12-leeds-united-2817131.aspx

Club updates supporters regarding increased levels of security at Loftus Road

•Security levels increasing at Loftus Road
    •Fans asked to assist
    •Your help is vital in helping prevent further attacks

QPR request that all fans arrive early to allow extra time to enter the ground as a result of additional security measures introduced following the recent terrible events in Paris.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-loftus-road-w12-leeds-united-2817131.aspx#6814O1g0qbpFh23k.99
  • Sponsored links:

• What about me flask?
  • edited November 2015

I wonder if KM will arrive early?

She's bringing her Nikon along
  • Addickted said:

"For your convenience we encourage fans not to bring any bulky items....."

That's put the kybosh on me bringing in my "Katrien Out" sandwich board then.

Seb Lewis you have been warned .
  • What about me flask?

Blankets as well then :disappointed:
  • Cynical but clever move by KM. I expect the additional security measures will prohibit any gathering of fans in the West Stand car park. And as we have been warned it may take extra time to get in I would also guess that a large number of fans will get in after the 2 minute mark.
  • Cynical but clever move by KM. I expect the additional security measures will prohibit any gathering of fans in the West Stand car park. And as we have been warned it may take extra time to get in I would also guess that a large number of fans will get in after the 2 minute mark.

The police have ordered it - as they have at QPR and I don't doubt plenty of other grounds but yes, shrewd move by 'the management'

I saw Cologne play on Saturday and due to extra security it took 40 minutes' queuing to get into the stadium. These measures are in place all over Europe, I don't think Meire would stoop so low as to use Paris as an excuse for derailing protests. Well, you'd hope so.
  • RedPanda said:

Cynical but clever move by KM. I expect the additional security measures will prohibit any gathering of fans in the West Stand car park. And as we have been warned it may take extra time to get in I would also guess that a large number of fans will get in after the 2 minute mark.

I saw Cologne play on Saturday and due to extra security it took 40 minutes' queuing to get into the stadium. These measures are in place all over Europe, I don't think Meire would stoop so low as to use Paris as an excuse for derailing protests. Well, you'd hope so.
    So if it does take much longer to get in on Saturday where does that leave the 2% protest?
  • Meire fearing for her own safety?? :wink:

Crass comment!
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Cynical but clever move by KM. I expect the additional security measures will prohibit any gathering of fans in the West Stand car park. And as we have been warned it may take extra time to get in I would also guess that a large number of fans will get in after the 2 minute mark.

The police have ordered it - as they have at QPR and I don't doubt plenty of other grounds but yes, shrewd move by 'the management'
    What was the security like at Birmingham? I assume the police ordered it for that match too?
  • PL54 said:

What was the security like at Birmingham? I assume the police ordered it for that match too?
    Don't know, I wasn't there but nobody has moaned about it so assumedly OK / usual.
  • They were pretty thorough at Brum on Saturday, I know we love conspiracy theories at the moment but I think this is legit.
  • I know most comments are tongue in cheek, but in all seriousness I welcome this. Just hope the people the club get to handle the checks are up to the job.

• As long as people are profiled and not just searching old women it should be fine!
  • se9addick said:

They were pretty thorough at Brum on Saturday, I know we love conspiracy theories at the moment but I think this is legit.

OK that's probably me being paranoid but with likely congestion at turnstiles many could miss the 2nd minute ...
  • I think KM is a very slippery customer/not really trustful. However the center of all evil she is not (well - not yet) IMO
  • I know most comments are tongue in cheek, but in all seriousness I welcome this. Just hope the people the club get to handle the checks are up to the job.

and that they are sensible. I realise that many on here like to go for a jar or two before the game and therefore will get their "lunch"
    there, but many others do not. I, for one. am intending to eat my lunch at half time & rather than pay over the odds for catered food was intending to bring in sandwiches for me & my 12 yr old boy. I don't mind being searched but would be peeved if they took stuff off you.
  • edited November 2015
  • I imagine a game live on Sky (even in front of a relatively small audience) would be considered a greater risk by the Police...