Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Morrison - signed for Pompey (p6)

Comments

• Criminal, absolutely criminal without a doubt if he was in the team this season we would be mid table - criminal.
  • Criminal, absolutely criminal without a doubt if he was in the team this season we would be mid table - criminal.
  • 1StevieG said:

I suppose you're the writer? Good piece.
    Saw this photo last week on Hamer's Instagram. Really miss them. :(

Who's the one in the middle?

I'm sure I should know but I don't.
    James Henry.
    Looks more like Messi
  • O hush u customers are so weird
  • To be fair TBH and the Beast started off the 2014/15 season well, as the preferred CB pairing, being deemed more comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. Let's also not forget many on here used to slate him when he was on the ball.

Moro needed to be playing and could not be promised game time. As we now know Bikey, true to previous form, blew up 2nd half of that season and sadly Moro had been allowed to leave which I was gutted about. Alas it has come back to haunt us big time but so typical of the mismanagement from this regime we have witnessed from the outset.
  • RedChaser said:

To be fair TBH and the Beast started off the 2014/15 season well, as the preferred CB pairing, being deemed more comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. Let's also not forget many on here used to slate him when he was on the ball.

Moro needed to be playing and could not be promised game time. As we now know Bikey, true to previous form, blew up 2nd half of that season and sadly Moro had been allowed to leave which I was gutted about. Alas it has come back to haunt us big time but so typical of the mismanagement from this regime we have witnessed from the outset.

I still remember that goal at Rotherham when TBH and Bikey, with no opposition player nearby, got in a right old muddle, gave the ball away for Rotherham to attack and score.
  • Letting Morro go was a more stupid decision than selling Yann in many ways.

Agreed, Morro was in his mid 20s AND had just signed a contract.

And it's not as if we had 4 or 5 first team CBs, Morro was still 3rd choice at the time. Players get injured or lose form, CB's run the risk of yellow and red cards (as Bauer has shown this season), we might have wanted to play 3 at the back.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

1StevieG said:

I suppose you're the writer? Good piece.
    Saw this photo last week on Hamer's Instagram. Really miss them. :(

Who's the one in the middle?

I'm sure I should know but I don't.
    James Henry.
    Looks more like Messi
    That's definitely James Henry peeps
  • RedChaser said:

To be fair TBH and the Beast started off the 2014/15 season well, as the preferred CB pairing, being deemed more comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. Let's also not forget many on here used to slate him when he was on the ball.

That's pretty much how I see things. Morro was probably 4th choice at the time behind Gomez as well as TBH and Bikey but hindsight has definitely proved letting him go to be a foolish decision.
  • I always thought it was Peeters decision to sack off Morrison??
  • Letting Morro go was a more stupid decision than selling Yann in many ways.

Agreed, Morro was in his mid 20s AND had just signed a contract.

And it's not as if we had 4 or 5 first team CBs, Morro was still 3rd choice at the time. Players get injured or lose form, CB's run the risk of yellow and red cards (as Bauer has shown this season), we might have wanted to play 3 at the back.
    Yes but our esteemed leader doesn't like senior players to be unhappy and would rather let them go (for free) and replace them on the bench with untried and not ready youngsters. Another fantastically dumb football philosophy from the Belgian twat.
  • We've had some proper cocks in charge the last 2 years
  • Piss poor long term planning too. Both Bikey and Ben Haim were on the wrong side of 30 when they signed for us, Morrison was coming into his prime. Since letting him go we have played 12 centre backs in 15 months:
    -Bikey
    -Ben Haim
    -Johnson (twice!)
    -Onyewu
    -Diarra
    -Sarr
    -Fanni
    -Bauer
    -Teixera
    -Williams
    -Gomez
    -Lennon
    Duchatelet must have spent more trying to replace him than the wages supposedly saved by letting him go on a free. It's mad to think that Solly has played alongside all of these players (apart from Fanni) in less than two years. Out of all these CBs the majority were no better than we already had. I'd say Ben Haim, Gomez and Bauer are the exceptions, the rest were either injury prone, mediocre or decent in spells.

And seven of them are still at the Club. But not the two he was third choice to!
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember at the time being surprised that a lot of people on here were posting about how he had no leadership qualities, he had no football qualities and was too slow so it was the right decision... In this instance it wasn't just those in charge of the club who called it wrong.
  • Just another reminder of how far we've fallen really. That League One winning team were a tight unit and fought for each other, this current lot couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.
  • Scoham said:

Peeters didn't rate him yet the club sacked Peeters just 6 days after Morrison moved to Birmingham. Why let players move on when the manager is one defeat away from the sack?

You can only play 11 & Morrison wasn't in the 11, so they wanted him off the wage bill. Simple as that.

The remaining squad should be filled by Academy players and cheap foreign imports, as well as getting as many as possible into the first 11.

I don't think they view it as an error. They view it as a good decision which saved them £200K in wages.
    I can't imagine Onyewu's wages were much less than Morrison's, especially as we then signed Johnson as well
  • Scoham said:

Peeters didn't rate him yet the club sacked Peeters just 6 days after Morrison moved to Birmingham. Why let players move on when the manager is one defeat away from the sack?

You can only play 11 & Morrison wasn't in the 11, so they wanted him off the wage bill. Simple as that.

The remaining squad should be filled by Academy players and cheap foreign imports, as well as getting as many as possible into the first 11.

I don't think they view it as an error. They view it as a good decision which saved them £200K in wages.
    Spot on and that sums this lot up
  • Can't believe we let Morro go and for free! as many have said it underlines the stupidity and ineptitude of the owner, CEO and all the hopeless fuckwit coaches that we have coming through the revolving door at The Valley. Stopping now as I am getting properly angry.
  • I have listed Duchatelet/Meire/Peeters/Luzon's
    Mistakes:
    Letting Go, Morrison, Kermogant, Wiggins, Gomez, Hamer, Stephens (and others proper Charlton).

Signings (total crap) Polish Pete, Anil Koc, Thuram, Ben Haim (mercanery only here for 1 season),
    Bikey, Vaz Te, McAleny, Ba, Sarr etc.
    This is common knowledge to any genuine Charlton supporter.
    Total incompetence heads ie Meire should roll.
    Is Rolly senile?
    Mistakes:
    Letting Go, Morrison, Kermogant, Wiggins, Gomez, Hamer, Stephens (and others proper Charlton).

Signings (total crap) Polish Pete, Anil Koc, Thuram, Ben Haim (mercanery only here for 1 season),
    Is Rolly senile?

Not sure you could class selling Wiggins as a mistake. They signed him to a long term deal when they came in, and then due to being injury prone and reportedly one of our top earners, they decided to sell him. If Sheffield Wednesday offered £750K (rumoured) then it probably wasn't a bad decision.
    Mistakes:

Is Rolly senile?

Wiggins we got a good price for.
    Hamer ran his contract down and moved to the PL, blame the previous regime or the player!
    Stephens might have run his contract down, blame the previous regime
    Ben Haim was a decent player, no problems with him, indeed at the time it was hard to call Bikey a mistake either
    Gomez would probably have left, even if Powell was in charge. The fee is still a bit of a mystery

While the Jan 14 signings were daft, the summer 14 signings were pretty good. Igor, JBG, Henderson, TBH, Bikey, Moussa (who had been good for Coventry), Buyens and Bulot on loan

The summer 15 transfer window was a disaster though...