Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vote for the new New Zealand flag

13»

Comments

• Oh dear, you'd think that after mixing up Fiji and Canada you'd stop digging the large hole you were in.

Just making yourself look ever sillier with every nonsense rant.

• I think he's been on the sauce Henry
  • I think he's been on the sauce Henry

He doesn't drink
  • The Empire lives !

Seriously, I have no idea why a country would want another countries flag on theirs, but that's what they've voted for.
  • Good sense prevails .. as the NZ representative in the UK said on the radio today (I paraphrase) .. we Kiwis are proud of our heritage and role we played in two world wars on the side of Britain. The retention of the Union flag reflects our closeness
  • Boring.
  • Commonwealth flags - then and now.
    Only four still have the union flag in the corner: Australia, NZ, Cook Islands and Tuvalu. I doubt many people even knew how many had changed. Even fewer care, I'm sure.
    This is an issue for Kiwis. Don't see why any of us Brits should be getting our knickers in a twist, personally.

Quite. Although it's strangely comforting that one of the 50 states still knows how to do things properly. :smile:

• Isn't the problem with flag designs, that most of them are dull, and easily mistaken for someone else's flag, but loved because of their history and what we are used to.

Actually inventing a new flag that represents your modern country, and its history, without resorting to clichés is really hard...
  • Isn't the problem with flag designs, that most of them are dull, and easily mistaken for someone else's flag, but loved because of their history and what we are used to.

Actually inventing a new flag that represents your modern country, and its history, without resorting to clichés is really hard...

It's difficult, but James Gray rose to the challenge with this proposed New Zealand flag. A pity the PC liberal elites blocked it from winning.

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    Just ran "what would you reinvent the British flag to be" by Charlton Aesthetic

Her reply: "A pint in a tree"
  • stonemuse said:
    indeed .. and that's even despite the fact that Hawaiians killed the English hero and master geographer/explorer Capn James Cook ((:>) .. or should that be ((:<) ?
  • stonemuse said:
    indeed .. and that's even despite the fact that Hawaiians killed the English hero and master geographer/explorer Capn James Cook ((:>) .. or should that be ((:<) ?</p>
    ((:<(
  • It appears that in the vote off, new flag V the existing flag. The existing flag wins !!
  • Daggs said:

It appears that in the vote off, new flag V the existing flag. The existing flag wins !!

I'd post that Leslie Nielsen meme but the effort does not seem justifiable.