Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC 193 (Rousey V Holm)

Comments

• Massive for McGregor and for getting UFC into Europe & Ireland in particular. He's bigged himself up hugely, he's won performance of the night in his last 4 fights, but Aldo is an awesome fighter.

Head says Aldo, heart says McGregor.
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/jesusdjango/

Stream for later. Head and heart both say Aldo.
  • The weigh in took longer.
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/jesusdjango/

Stream for later. Head and heart both say Aldo.

And left says McGregor! Congratulations to the new Champion
  • Bit like the Fury fight, few experts put in their place.
  • Congratulations McGregor, I hope there's a rematch! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

Yeh, it was pretty even up to that left landed.
  • Wow, wanted him to win but wasn't sure in reality. I'm tempted to save for ufc200 next July, would be great to attend

Yeh, it was pretty even up to that left landed.
    Clay V Liston had a rematch.
  • Flash knockouts like that should lead to rematches really, especially when the Champion loses.

Aldo looked nervous the entire night though, cracked under the pressure.
  • Very happy McG won. Although personally thought Aldo would win. Not going to say it was a lucky punch as it was clearly very good in terms of the slip away from Aldo's right and then the precision and power to connect with the jaw. But agree think Aldo should probably get a rematch and it probably will happen given the relative lack of quality in that division. The UFC will want that as it would be more lucrative than any other potential matchup especially if they go somewhere like Croke park.
  • Won't be a rematch as McG will be moving up a weight, he has already said he struggles making weight and Dana has said he will get an immediate title shot at the next weight up.
  • Fair enough. Hadn't seen that.
  • Won't be a rematch as McG will be moving up a weight, he has already said he struggles making weight and Dana has said he will get an immediate title shot at the next weight up.

He has said he won't give the belt up, he will fight at both weights. Talk of him dropping 13kgs for this fight, 1 kg per second.

He has said he won't give the belt up, he will fight at both weights. Talk of him dropping 13kgs for this fight, 1 kg per second.
    Surely that's not sustainable though ? Makes for a good soundbite but could be disastrous for his career if he actually follows through on it for any decent period of time.
  • The UFC seriously has to start looking at these weight classes and the weight cutting. With the banning of the IVs things are very dangerous for many of the fighters now. I mean just look at Conor at the weigh in, looked like an aids patient, I know that's how he usually looks at a weigh in but it clearly isn't good for these fighters both in the short and long term.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was a cracking shot from Aldo tbf. No wonder he thought he'd won once he was woken up.
  • Those that watched the Weidman-Rockhold fight, that made for some uncomfortable viewing. Man was beaten to a bloody pulp. That's why MMA will never be a mainstream sport.
  • Those that watched the Weidman-Rockhold fight, that made for some uncomfortable viewing. Man was beaten to a bloody pulp. That's why MMA will never be a mainstream sport.

That's what would happen in every WWF match up if they actually made contact with each other.

The way he kept dropping his elbow onto his nose whilst he was trying to defend his face was unreal.
    How he came out for the next round is beyond me, especially with his team saying go for the body as he was hetting a split in his forehead patched up.

By the same token do you not consider Boxing a mainstream sport?
  • colthe3rd said:

Was a cracking shot from Aldo tbf. No wonder he thought he'd won once he was woken up.

If he hit that at full force he probably would've KO'd McGreggor, look how much McGreggor's head moves after the impact, and that's just momentum.
  • I think the impact of Rousey and McGregor has been massive, my facebook and twitter fills up with people talking about their fights. People that would not have a clue who the other champions are in UFC or who Jon Jones is let alone Fedor & GSP. Aldo was a great champion and will be a future hall of fame member, shame he had to lose like that.

McGreggor is self made promotion machine, UFC where paying him little attention at first he was fighting on the undercard on facebook of a fight night event in Sweden. Amazing rise to fame in such a short amount of time.
  • Curbey said:

I think the impact of Rousey and McGregor has been massive, my facebook and twitter fills up with people talking about their fights. People that would not have a clue who the other champions are in UFC or who Jon Jones is let alone Fedor & GSP. Aldo was a great champion and will be a future hall of fame member, shame he had to lose like that.

McGreggor is self made promotion machine, UFC where paying him little attention at first he was fighting on the undercard on facebook of a fight night event in Sweden. Amazing rise to fame in such a short amount of time.

http://www.joe.ie/sport/video-watch-a-young-conor-mcgregor-predict-that-hes-the-fcking-future-in-2008/523197?utm_content=bufferb1137&utm_medium=Social+organic&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer
  • Amazing how he backs up absolutely everything he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpq8Htl4ZrU
  • In McGregors post fight conference, a reporter read a transcript from a pre fight interview and Connor told him exactly what would happen and it happened in the exact way he described it.

Concerned about Aldo, has there been any interview/conference from him post fight? I've not been able to find anything. Guess the reality of finally being beaten after 10 years has hit him hard.