Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who signed Vas Te?

Our temporary manager? Not many clubs allow a temporary manager to make signings?

Our beloved CEO? Did she hand pick him from her vast knowledge of players in and out of contract?

Our astute owner? Did he rush over from Belgium and seal the deal himself?

Who knows? But one question....if he's such a good signing and was free, why didn't they sign him to help Luzon out instead of letting him struggle with a paper thin squad then sack him??

Comments

• I'm going with option 2. She has far superior knowledge of players than anyone else at the club.
  • Does it matter? We needed another striker and we got him. So just relax and enjoy your weekend free from a Charlton game :)

Quite agree. May have been JE who set it up.
  • braydex said:

Our temporary manager? Not many clubs allow a temporary manager to make signings?

Our beloved CEO? Did she hand pick him from her vast knowledge of players in and out of contract?

Who knows? But one question....if he's such a good signing and was free, why didn't they sign him to help Luzon out instead of letting him struggle with a paper thin squad then sack him??

Option 2. Only Katrein has the authority to sign players. None of our head coaches under this regime has that remit, and Roland don't give a damn.
  • The bloke who bought the sofa?
  • Sponsored links:

• It was stated in the meeting that Mark Stow generally does the scouting for UK based players. It's likely he was recommended to the club by Stow.
  • I agree that it should be given a rest and that they're trying to work on improving us so that we become competitive, what I do agree with though is the fact that its a shame that they couldnt do this for Luzon when we had all the injuries, instead of now when we have a squad to choose from
  • edited November 2015
    We really do create any chance to moan

''We have such a thin squad!''

''We've signed a player?!?!? ... Let's make it seem suspicious... Oh my word who signed this man?! RD we need more information and closure on the buisnesses of the club!''

Makes me chuckle
  • I agree that it should be given a rest and that they're trying to work on improving us so that we become competitive, what I do agree with though is the fact that its a shame that they couldnt do this for Luzon when we had all the injuries, instead of now when we have a squad to choose from

Yes agree. Surely people must feel a bit better than this time last week.
  • Judging by what was said the other night there would have been several people weighing up the signing, KF could have nixed it but then he can't wait until January for a turnaround to happen. I guess Vaz Te was judged the best current option - salary, playing side, match readiness?
    It's good "they" recognized we need goals asap and can't wait until January.
  • Probably the player was recommended to the club by his agent.

That's what agents do.

• It was stated in the meeting that Mark Stow generally does the scouting for UK based players. It's likely he was recommended to the club by Stow.

In this case, his availability was hardly a secret. He's trialled at several clubs, so it was a question of contacting his agent and letting him know that we were interested.
  • Well I want him fit, I want him good enough so he has to be picked, I want him royally annoying defenders, and I want him scoring goals in wins.
    I wouldn't wish for less.
  • Sponsored links:

• The silver fox.
    Chris Parkes.
  • We were in for Vaz Te when he was at West Ham. They were surprised when we pulled out at the last minute.
  • seth plum said:

Well I want him fit, I want him good enough so he has to be picked, I want him royally annoying defenders, and I want him scoring goals in wins.

Getting pushy again Seth. (:
  • seth plum said:

Well I want him fit, I want him good enough so he has to be picked, I want him royally annoying defenders, and I want him scoring goals in wins.

Well let's hope we continue to play more like we did against Wednesday and less like we did against Preston, or it's not going to make a difference who we have up front.
  • edited November 2015
  • Was it Syd ?
  • edited November 2015
    Murray
  • Dazzler21 said:

braydex said:

Who cares.
    He is a decent signing and you can't spell his name right when it's plastered all over the forum.

Ricardo Jorge Vaz Tê

Even 'Vaz Te' would be acceptable.

Too many fans are just looking for reasons to dig at Meire, Fraeye and Duchâtelet.

They're clearly trying to work on improving us so we become 'competitive' in this league.

Give it a rest for 5 minutes please.

Well said Dazzler!

If there's any chance make it a lot longer than 5 minutes though?