Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thoughts of Rodney Charlton Trotter (literally)

2»

Comments

• Top post that Rodney. Like you and many other fans I know the only way we feel we can influence the board now is to boycott games. It pains me not attending the valley but I've reached my limit and probably won't attend until they sell up. With my first child expected anyday now my dreams of attending as a father with my son/daughter seems a long way off.
  • excellent post Rodders
  • Fantastic post(s). Fully agree.
  • Great stuff Rodders. Really well written and heartfelt.
  • get off your arse Rodney and lead this movement!

please, cos I'm not gonna do it and you know no one else will.
  • war and peace .. with a long interlude betwixt the twain
  • Blimey Rodney, my porridge went cold reading that!

Brilliant though.
  • Sponsored links:

• was Rodneys previous username SCO ?
  • I don't like Charlton enough to read all that. Can we have it again with bullet points?

That was the Abridged version.

Welcome to Charlton Life Mr Chilcot.
  • edited November 2015
    Ok it is a long one but for my money that is a truly excellent post. I wish I could be half as analytical as that.
    I just think the club are really missing a trick here. There are some really smart people on this forum who could clearly be helpful in "bridging the gap" that was discussed at the meeting. And I would include engaging fully with the admin of this board, this site is a friend not an enemy of Charlton Athletic.
    It completely baffles me to be honest, I do not understand the lack of effort by the club to use this resource in a much more constructive and open way.
  • A top top post Mr Trotter
  • One of the most enjoyable and most accurate posts I've ever read on this forum.

Grapevinesque.

Hats off to you RTC.

• edited November 2015

was Rodneys previous username SCO ?

I believe he used to be Rodney Charlton Trotter back in the 606 days but, ironically, had to shorten it to RodneyCharltonTrotta on here because his preferred handle exceeded the number of characters for a Charlton Life username.

• Absolutely spot on post(s) in so many ways.
  • I didn't think anything could beat the "should I meet my ex" thread (can someone post a link?) but this has for different reasons. Top analysis.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair mate you stopped going before Duchalet took over, it was when the old lot were in you stopped going.
  • To be fair mate you stopped going before Duchalet took over, it was when the old lot were in you stopped going.

Dunno where you've got that from mate? I had a season ticket in north upper last season still (albeit didn't go every game) and went to our glorious showing at Millwall away. Didn't renew this season mainly cos of my new daughter but went QPR, Hull and Rotherham and the Palace funday.

I can send you ticket stubs as proof if you want? ;-)

Actually even remember telling my old man after QPR in the nice shiny stadium that perhaps the new owners were the real deal and those stating otherwise were being overly cynical. Just changed since then. The downturn in form I realised is down to the strategy that was concreted on Tuesday which suggests we'll be going nowhere whilst that's in place. Watched enough guff over the past 25 years to not feel too guilty about not going to watching some bloke's masterplan in effect whilst he can't even be bothered to show up. Certainly not putting money in his pocket and not going to sit there pretending I'm happy with it. If that makes me not "proper Charlton" or a casual fan then so be it. Will be back if things off the pitch change in terms of their ambition rather than running the club like a high street charity shop.

As for the last bunch of jokers I was behind their ambition until the money run out. At least they knew how to fund a successful squad when they took over.
  • Fair enough I stand corrected, thought when I saw you at Phoenix last year you said you and Nolly were going to do the non league scene.Re the owners , I dont think it is as bad as is being made out, rome weren't built in a day.
  • edited November 2015

Fair enough I stand corrected, thought when I saw you at Phoenix last year you said you and Nolly were going to do the non league scene.Re the owners , I dont think it is as bad as is being made out, rome weren't built in a day.

Ha don't remember saying that mate! Although you have conjoured up a quality of Nolly having words with the Wealdstone Raider so maybe it is an avenue to be explored ;-)

Have only watched Greenwich Borough twice since that Phoenix game and as enjoyable as it is, Charlton are the team for me and are irreplaceable.

You may well be right that it's not as bad and Im overreacting and I hope so. We will see.
  • Fair enough I stand corrected, thought when I saw you at Phoenix last year you said you and Nolly were going to do the non league scene.Re the owners , I dont think it is as bad as is being made out, rome weren't built in a day.

But it did burn whilst its "leader" fiddled......