Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich game

13»

Comments

• waldo said:

Someone said last night police estimate was 1000-1500

Colin said 300 (repeatedly)

I'm going to go with the police estimate.

I only saw one policemen there and he was stood by the main entrance and certainly wasn't doing any counting!
    Police will have been watching in the control room - rely on it.
  • waldo said:

cafc999 said:

but how many peole protested last time against Sheff Wed ? 300 what percentage is that ? All you have got to go on is 50/60 people on here ? Playing devils advocate here a bit, but J Block from what I see it is only 2%. I am a bit indifferent to it all personally, so will continue to go end of.

It was more like a 1000 steve.

How do you know? There are always quite a few supporters in that area before a match!
    How many do you think were there Waldo?

You are right in stating that there are normally a few supporters in that area before a match but it was significantly more there than usual during the protest.

While I was not part of the protest I did witness it for the duration while standing by the ticket office. There are also a few photos circulation that support the 1000 (approx.) that were there.

As Airman says, the police were watching via CCTV from the control room.

It will be interesting to see if the 2% get bigger or smaller
  • edited November 2015
    waldo said:

cafc999 said:

but how many peole protested last time against Sheff Wed ? 300 what percentage is that ? All you have got to go on is 50/60 people on here ? Playing devils advocate here a bit, but J Block from what I see it is only 2%. I am a bit indifferent to it all personally, so will continue to go end of.

It was more like a 1000 steve.

How do you know? There are always quite a few supporters in that area before a match!
    All walking to their turnstiles, not standing around looking at the main entrance.
  • Whatever happens at Brum, Ipswich and beyond, I don't believe that the current owner serves the best interests of CAFC long term.

This is about a rich guy owning a club with a strategy of making money. That is very difficult in modern day football unless there is a side-strategy involving the sale of assets.

Otherwise, why would he buy it (guarantee the debt), spend £7m + each year in running costs, and not even come to matches ?