Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fan Representatives Meeting – What is most important?

Ahead of Tuesday's fan representatives meeting with Katrien Meire and Richard Murray, the Trust would like to know what fans think should be the priority focus points going forward.

Please take our new short survey here to let us know your thoughts.

Comments

• Simple most Charlton fans want KM to go and RD to sell up so going forward no further meetings will her or Murray, Any dilogue from her going forward should be via the programme OS and press with contact details so every Charlton supporter who wishes to do so can contact the club direct for explanations as what is going on. Taking a look in and around the ground yesterday I think I share the same views as the majority and the Trust have not been responsible for any of the peaceful demonstrations yesterday and don't deserve to represent us in meetings with KM going forward
  • Done mine.
  • Wouldn't it make sense to arrange a protest outside the fans meeting. Keep the pressure on.
  • Done, takes about 30 seconds (though 6 & 7 seem too similar to me)
  • Done, takes about 30 seconds (though 6 & 7 seem too similar to me)

The difference is important v urgent, so we get an idea re immediate priorities.
    Thanks for completing - any chance of a sticky to boost response?

• edited November 2015
    Survey done.

I personally would like to know the following.

1. What steps are being taken to find a permanent manager?
    2. What is the criteria that the candidates need to meet?
    3. What steps will be taken in the future to ensure that we have a squad that can compete for the duration of the season and is able to cope with all the trials and tribulations a full season in the Championship can throw at us (injuries, suspensions etc.)?

There are many other questions that will obviously arise, but for me, those three are particularly important.
  • Who sources the players and advises on who is let go.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would like to know what consideration is being given for Miere to resign and Duchatalet to sell up? Are they looking for buyers? Did they reject an earlier bid? If Murray speaks tell him to shut up.
  • edited November 2015
    a survey? how many is that now?
  • Things not to ask about:

Season ticket delivery
    Sofa
    Face painting
    Regular chats with CAST
    Rewards for lengthy support
    Paying for tea
    Programme sellers
    Ticket office opening times
    The big screen
    Training ground
    Recent results
    The pitch
    Painting
    Ticket scanners

Just press for Miere out and new owners etc
  • kentred2 said:

Things not to ask about:

Season ticket delivery
    Sofa
    Face painting
    Regular chats with CAST
    Paying for tea
    Programme sellers
    The big screen
    Training ground
    Recent results
    The pitch
    Painting
    Ticket scanners

Potholes OK though, obviously.
  • So ...which of the fan reps is going to surreptitiously record the meeting for us?
  • Survey done.
  • edited November 2015
    I hope the questions are hard hitting ones on Tuesday, but will they be?
  • edited November 2015
    Q6 is just ridiculously biased if there is no 'Other' option or an open ended option.

Responders are forced to include three statements which they may not agree with.
    If you dont agree/select 3 from the loaded actions listed then you can't complete the survey.

So you are forcing everyone who takes the survey to agree with 3 of your suggestions, when there may be many other things people consider important.
  • kentred2 said:

Things not to ask about:

Season ticket delivery
    Sofa
    Face painting
    Regular chats with CAST
    Paying for tea
    Programme sellers
    The big screen
    Training ground
    Recent results
    The pitch
    Painting
    Ticket scanners

Agree. We must get sidetracked by relatively trivial issues, nor allow them to waste time on them. This has to be about the bigger picture
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry if I have missed this somewhere but do we know the meeting is definitely the 10th November and do people now know if they are invited? My invite has not arrived as you have guessed!
    Survey done.
  • I have a few questions of my own that I think all of us not going would like to know the answers to. Please could one of the representatives, or golden ticket winners, answer them for us?

1. Have any of the people attending been given an agenda or meeting structure by the club?
    2. I assume the meeting is not being broadcast on Player or YouTube - can this be confirmed?
    3. Can those attending confirm that they have not been asked to, nor will they agree to, any embargo on the discussions that take place and the answers given? (waiting for official minutes will not be acceptable to any of us, I'm sure)
    4. How are those attending intending on communicating their notes and the results of the meeting with those of us not present?
    5. Is anyone going planning to live tweet the event and what are their twitter handles?
    6. Is a representative of the local press going to be present to report on the event?
    7. Have the number of randomly selected non-affiliated "guests" been announced - is this a meeting with 15 fans or 25/30/50/etc?
    8. Has the chair of the meeting been announced and are they independent if so?

I would hope that if there are any restrictions regarding points 3/4/5/6 above then those attending won't abide by them?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • Wouldn't it make sense to arrange a protest outside the fans meeting. Keep the pressure on.

Could not agree more.Plus live link to meeting so everone who wants to follow this meeting can .IE LIVE STEAM.

Could not agree more.Plus live link to meeting so everone who wants to follow this meeting can .IE LIVE STEAM.
    You'll be lucky if they don't get everyone in attendance to agree that nothing goes out of the room and they have to Swear allegiance to The Queen and The Official Secrets Act.

I

You'll be lucky if they don't get everyone in attendance to agree that nothing goes out of the room and they have to Swear allegiance to The Queen and The Official Secrets Act.

I
    Belgium HAS A KING.
  • kentred2 said:

I would like to know what consideration is being given for Miere to resign and Duchatalet to sell up? Are they looking for buyers? Did they reject an earlier bid? If Murray speaks tell him to shut up.

Murray should not be there in the first place.

I fear that the plan will be for Murray to answer as many questions as possible to deflect the heat on Meire.
  • Has anyone on here been invited?
  • Completed the survey.

In terms of the meeting what is most important is that the Trust push for answers form the club. If the KM is not prepared to answer then the Trust must back the black and white campaign 100%
  • edited November 2015
    A simple question: Do you believe your/Roland's one dimentional way of doing things has been successful? If they answer anything other than No everybody might as well walk out. It will just prove their incompetence.
  • I think that if the MC is going to prevent any individual asking a supplementary question or seeking clarification on an answer provided to them (as occurred at the last meeting, I understand), I'm sure others present will try and pick these up as the meeting progresses; otherwise, we are likely to find KM trying to fob supporters off with trite, pre-prepared answers. That may happen anyway, of course, but KM and RM need to be pushed on the key issues and if those lines of questioning are unreasonably closed out, we can then draw our own inferences as to why.

Let's hope it's a constructive discussion and good luck to the supporter representatives and other 'random' attendees.