Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The two young lads that came on as subs today

Bloody impressive performances lads...

Comments

• Yes indeed..very well done boys.
  • They looked comfortable , first time I'd seen either of them
  • Could Lookman have gone down? :-1:
  • iamdan said:

Could Lookman have gone down? :-1:

Said that to my mate,would definitely have been a pen
  • iamdan said:

Could Lookman have gone down? :-1:

Boo to not using histrionics in a game we won 3:1

• Lookman looks the real deal from that snapshot. Will certainly have lifted himself ahead of Moussa in the pecking order I would have thought. Pace, control, power and all at 17? Really like the look of him.

THD looks quick, skilful and a little terrier. Over elaborated a couple of times (although shows real confidence). Could be a crowd favourite if he keeps up that level of performance and should def be putting pressure on Fox.
  • dancafc said:

Lookman looks the real deal from that snapshot. Will certainly have lifted himself ahead of Moussa in the pecking order I would have thought. Pace, control, power and all at 17? Really like the look of him.

THD looks quick, skilful and a little terrier. Over elaborated a couple of times (although shows real confidence). Could be a crowd favourite if he keeps up that level of performance and should def be putting pressure on Fox.

I'd put pressure on fox I say give THD the spot now
    After today i would say THD might put pressure on both full backs.
    when ever Solly plays 3 games in a week i always think we take a real risk with his knee problem as over the last 2 years he has to sit out some training sessions.

• Sponsored links:

• It's just a shame Roland will sell them for a knockdown undisclosed fee the first chance he gets!
  • I thought the criticism of the current regime was that squad was small? Bigger squad and these kids would not get the opportunity! Early days! :-)
  • THD and Solly both in the side when they are both fit, thanks.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Thought THD was immense and I feel a bit embarrassed that for the whole match I thought he was Regan CC. Must get to specsavers !!

I was pretty certain he was CC too; I was quite confused when I saw mentions of THD after the match.

Either way, he did superbly well - especially when thrown on in really rubbish circumstances: early on in a match, replacing an established team member due to injury, on the back of a bad run...

As for Lookman - very impressive. I'd like to see some more of him, hopefully we can introduce him in to the team slowly and let him ease himself in to the team as it's still early days, but he's clearly a capable and confident young player.
  • What length of contracts do Lookman and THD have? does anyone know?
  • ross1 said:

What length of contracts do Lookman and THD have? does anyone know?

THD 2018

Unless the club haven't announced it Lookman's still on his youth contract until the end of this season.
  • Lookman is like Defoe? He must have come through the West Ham academy then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Need to get him signed up asap if that is the case.
  • THD looked a far better footballer than Fox (on that showing). He looked classy.

Lookman also looked the real deal. Well done to both of them.
  • The thing I liked about THD is the way he was so direct and had the yard of pace compared to Fox.
    Fox gets himself in some excellent positions but then doesn't have the speed or ability to beat the man 90% of the time.
  • dickplumb said:

Lookman has not signed a contract yet. I am not taking credit but I have been banging on about Lookman and THD for a while.
    Get me signed up as the new head coach.

You and BB have seen more academy games than me but Holmes-Dennis caught my eye a couple of years ago playing at Left back with his ability to run with the ball plus that fantastic free kick goal in the friendly at Daggers this close season,
    Ademola Lookman, 18 last month, is the standout of the new batch and this was endorsed by Stephen Henderson at the Bromley meeting Last week.

• Laddick01 said:

The thing I liked about THD is the way he was so direct and had the yard of pace compared to Fox.
    Fox gets himself in some excellent positions but then doesn't have the speed or ability to beat the man 90% of the time.

Must admit, that approach of appearing (from where I sit) to give up on a ball that's a pace away from him is the one thing that annoys me about Fox's play...maybe he is that one pace short but to me it looks like he isn't and just not determined enough at times...
  • dickplumb said:

Lookman has not signed a contract yet. I am not taking credit but I have been banging on about Lookman and THD for a while.

Poyet mark 2 then by the look of it.

Pinocchio said she had taken steps to avoid a repitition I remember reading somewhere.
  • dickplumb said:

it was only youth cup games and via a youtube stream, but i had always picked out gomez and THD as an absolute cut above the rest. Glad THD is putting in the performances now.