Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Sheffield Wednesday match thread 7/11/15

Good afternoon all and welcome to what could be one of the most interesting match threads since our promotion to the Championship a few years ago up at Carlisle. Apparently the rain is easing in SE7 and the protest planned at 2.30 in the West Stand car park could be very vociferous and not dampened by the weather or the 'contrived' family day organised last week to take place in the same area!
On top of that there have been rumours doing the rounds suggesting that today could be KF's last game in charge as he will be replaced by a British manager who has experience of the Championship. The away end is a sell-out, I believe, with 3200 Wednesday fans adding to what is liable to be a fairly poisonous atmosphere, and now talk of Yann Kermorgant potentially coming back, albeit the rumours for this originate in Dorset.
The most overriding issue today is not to forget those who have given their lives for us, in order for us to have a club and a right to protest, I can only hope the minutes silence is well respected, irrespective of what else goes on today!!!
I will attempt to give you an idea of the atmosphere as the match proceeds and if I get any updates on the 'protest' I will also report that. At 3 pm I will stop updating for one minute.
And so to today's game, can we get 3 points and finally win a game or are we going to roll over and play dead!! Injuries are coming thick and fast and it seems as though today we wont have Cousins, Watt or JBG.
I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them and everything else I can, I'll also stay on line for longer after the game (please keep this thread open) to see if any announcement comes from the club on a potential new manager.
So a busy afternoon is about to come upon us.........COYR's!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Watt isn't playing today - out injured

• well done RM, not a day for the faint hearted, good luck with the commentary and above all:
    C.O.Y.A.
  • Sense today could be a game changer in every sense.
    Really want to be there, but once again illness prevents (only made one game this season)
    So will be following Red and watching history unfold!
    COYR
  • Watt was limping around from early in the second half on Tuesday night, and looked to be stretching his groin as he was hobbling about.
  • seems like the team will be very, very weak with all the injuries. Even for us.
  • Got back to a relatively strong squad for the last couple of games and still did badly. Now seems like we have as many injuries as we did when we started this shit run. Who's upfront today then? Is Makienok fully fit yet?
  • Watt isn't playing today - out injured

208 likes?
  • Good afternoon all and welcome to what could be one of the most interesting match threads since our promotion to the Championship a few years ago up at Carlisle. Apparently the rain is easing in SE7 and the protest planned at 2.30 in the West Stand car park could be very vociferous and not dampened by the weather or the 'contrived' family day organised last week to take place in the same area!
    On top of that there have been rumours doing the rounds suggesting that today could be KF's last game in charge as he will be replaced by a British manager who has experience of the Championship. The away end is a sell-out, I believe, with 3200 Wednesday fans adding to what is liable to be a fairly poisonous atmosphere, and now talk of Yann Kermorgant potentially coming back, albeit the rumours for this originate in Dorset.
    The most overriding issue today is not to forget those who have given their lives for us, in order for us to have a club and a right to protest, I can only hope the minutes silence is well respected, irrespective of what else goes on today!!!
    I will attempt to give you an idea of the atmosphere as the match proceeds and if I get any updates on the 'protest' I will also report that. At 3 pm I will stop updating for one minute.
    And so to today's game, can we get 3 points and finally win a game or are we going to roll over and play dead!! Injuries are coming thick and fast and it seems as though today we wont have Cousins, Watt or JBG.
    I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them and everything else I can, I'll also stay on line for longer after the game (please keep this thread open) to see if any announcement comes from the club on a potential new manager.
    So a busy afternoon is about to come upon us.........COYR's!!!!!!!!

Spot on RM, brilliant post as usual. Thanks for the "interesting" updates today in advance, lets hope we all have some better, more positive news by the end of play today!
    COYR.........
  • Watt isn't playing today - out injured

Has he just watched back a video of his recent performances there?
  • Taken off twitter -: Riot police on standby. Charlton going into shut down. No bovril cup is safe today. Used as missiles. Warnings all round. Beware.
  • Sponsored links:

• commemorative ball looks great (on twitter)
  • Team news-: Henderson, Solly, Bauer, Sarr, Fox, Ba, Diarra, Jackson, Gudmundsson, Ghoochannejhad, Makienok
  • So JBG plays afterall
  • 4-3-3?

Henderson
    Solly - Bauer - Sarr - Fox
    Ba - Diarra - Jackson
    Gudmundsson - Makienok - Reza
  • Subs Pope, Holmes-Dennis, Bergdich, Charles-Cook, Moussa, Ahearne-Grant, Lookman
  • Diarra into the midfield at last. Thought he was great last season in that position.
  • 4-3-3, well that's actually quite exciting.
  • Yeah. JBG. That'll make all the difference.
  • 4-3-3, that'll be interesting for sure, if that's how they play it, it caould be 4-3-1-2, with JBG in the hole?
  • Although could also be 5-4-1

Henderson
    Solly - Bauer - Diarra - Sarr - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Ba - Jackson - Reza
    Makienok
  • Sponsored links:

• Not going to be much attacking from that midfield 3 if it is a 4-3-3
  • Or 3-5-2. Interesting to see how we line up but expecting defeat whatever formation we play.
  • Reza will score
    FACT
  • Come to think of it

I didn't say it would be today
  • from twitter-; About 150-200 gathered now at West Stand car park. Nice of Chris Parkes to watch his customers out of exec. window.
  • edited November 2015
    4-2-3-1

Henderson

Solly Bauer Sarr Fox
    Diarra Jackson
    Gudmundsson Ba Reza
    Makeniok
  • Very inexperienced bench. Though I suppose KAG could be considered almost a veteran now.
  • Not going to be much attacking from that midfield 3 if it is a 4-3-3

If we can stop them scoring then one shot on target might be enough. What am I saying we are going to get battered.....as normal.
  • Subs Pope, Holmes-Dennis, Bergdich, Charles-Cook, Moussa, Ahearne-Grant, Lookman

Not happy. Need more options at left back.
  • from Twitter-: The Met Police have turned up. You can always trust the Met at the protests.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!