Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many games has Fry got?

So, surprisingly results have not picked up with the sacking of Luzon and the appointment of the experienced Carol Fry. So how many games will he get do people think? My own prediction is that he'll be made Interim until the end of the season and then he can either be sacked at little cost (his tenure would still be longer than Peeters' and Riga's) or if by some absolute miracle we stay up it justifies him being made the cheap permanent appointment. Thoughts?

Comments

• We get a beating this Saturday, I reckon he'll be gone before Birmingham.
  • Hopefully it's days rather then games.
  • edited November 2015
    I don't want him as manager. We've got a tough run coming up. I don't see a win anywhere, but I expect he'll cling on till mid december when we'll be twelve points adrift.
  • then who comes in, no good manager would want to come to the circus.
  • He'll be with us until the end of the season.
  • Talk Sport Radio have a running joke about Leeds that there are only '3 managers to Christmas'.
    In our case its no joke. But how many more Duchatelet employees are left out there in the football 'pyramid' before he sends over someone from his electronics components firm to act as manager and I'm not joking!

My guess too. Don't underestimate the fact that they will recognise the need for something to offset the escalating bad feeling. I also think if RD was fully convinced by Fraeye as head coach he'd have been wheeled out before now.

Whether he's capable of the leap to a credible replacement who might not do what he's told and wants more than the minimum wage, I am not so confident.
  • Did we lose again last night? I'm losing track.
  • Sponsored links:

• is Barry Fry our boss now this week......I really can't keep up
  • Valley11 said:

Did we lose again last night? I'm losing track.

Nope... We bloody won, we actually bloody won!!

(It was against Cray Wanderers in the Kent Senior Cup but who cares... we bloody won)
  • edited November 2015
    A network employee by the name of Jason Euell will replace him.
  • Duchatelet will probably decide he doesn't need a manager. I can see him on his iPhone now: "Siri, hello, can you select the Charlton team for Saturday's match and what formation should I get Meire to employ?" Siri: "I am sorry Roland, What are Charlton?" Roland: Siri will you marry me? Siri: "Can we just stay friends?"
  • I'm hoping and praying he's gone by 6pm on Saturday.
  • I'm hoping and praying he's gone by 6pm on Saturday.

This. We lose Saturday with as gutless performances as we have seen so far and start to get cut adrift and another change happens.

My guess too. Don't underestimate the fact that they will recognise the need for something to offset the escalating bad feeling. I also think if RD was fully convinced by Fraeye as head coach he'd have been wheeled out before now.

Whether he's capable of the leap to a credible replacement who might not do what he's told and wants more than the minimum wage, I am not so confident.
    I was a guest at the Cray v Charlton game last night and it was refreshing to see a side playing well and finding space for each other.
    I was introduced to Karel after the game and I must say that he was a very approachable and friendly man. We talked for some time and he bought me and my mate a beer in the clubs social club after. He told us many very interesting things but in confidence so I cannot repeat anything that he said which is a pity because I believe that supporters opinion of him would change for the better.
    He is a genuine man but he cannot give or share his opinions on the present situation for obvious reasons..... I have listened again to his post match interviews this morning and I can see how careful he is not to criticise the players whose confidence is plainly for all of us to see, at a very low level and how the careful dissecting of all his words by supporters can lead to onerous opinions of his 'interim' project to get us out of the shit.
    Like him I have no idea how long he will be here but I am confident that he will do his best in the circumstances. He is a qualified coach with 19 years experience under his belt already! The fact that he was last working for a Belgium lower league side does not concern me now and I am a little more confident that there is an escape plan brewing that may get us out of our present critical position.
    I do not agree with the practicality of Roland's vision and I hope he amends it to suit the Championship before it's too late but please don't have a go at Karel - he may be very good for Charlton if he gets the time and backing.

I was a guest at the Cray v Charlton game last night and it was refreshing to see a side playing well and finding space for each other.
    I was introduced to Karel after the game and I must say that he was a very approachable and friendly man. We talked for some time and he bought me and my mate a beer in the clubs social club after. He told us many very interesting things but in confidence so I cannot repeat anything that he said which is a pity because I believe that supporters opinion of him would change for the better.
    He is a genuine man but he cannot give or share his opinions on the present situation for obvious reasons..... I have listened again to his post match interviews this morning and I can see how careful he is not to criticise the players whose confidence is plainly for all of us to see, at a very low level and how the careful dissecting of all his words by supporters can lead to onerous opinions of his 'interim' project to get us out of the shit.
    Like him I have no idea how long he will be here but I am confident that he will do his best in the circumstances. He is a qualified coach with 19 years experience under his belt already! The fact that he was last working for a Belgium lower league side does not concern me now and I am a little more confident that there is an escape plan brewing that may get us out of our present critical position.
    I do not agree with the practicality of Roland's vision and I hope he amends it to suit the Championship before it's too late but please don't have a go at Karel - he may be very good for Charlton if he gets the time and backing.

thanks for that ... always good to hear other viewpoints ... though I agree with others, he could (and probably should) be out sooner rather than later if the results do not change

Interesting but just as frustrating as it is predictable.

If there is an "escape plan" then the club could share it with the fans but they won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015

We get a beating this Saturday, I reckon he'll be gone before Birmingham.

If there is an "escape plan" then the club could share it with the fans but they won't.
    The only escape plan at the moment feels like
    "The Escape to victory"

Players keep disappearing in the 2nd half.

• I have heard from a few people who have spoken to him that he is a very nice, genuine and approachable guy, and of that I am sure he is. I honestly would like nothing better for him then to do well for Charlton, however he is a symptom of the rather bad Belgium disease we currently have, and I just have no confidence that this is a guy who can turn around our current fortunes.
  • Unless the escape plan is to buy 6-7 good quality, experienced, championship level players on 1st Jan then we're heading into league one.
  • I can see our Captain getting the gig soon as a way of placating the fans and giving Roland some time to dig up a network replacement.

The only escape plan at the moment feels like
    "The Escape to victory"

Players keep disappearing in the 2nd half.

Mate they don't even appear for the first half so i don't know how they're disappearing for the second!
  • We get a beating this Saturday, I reckon he'll be gone appointed before Birmingham.

• The initial (only!) statement on the matter from the club said that Fraeye was interim until the international break, so imagine that something will happen during those 2 weeks, whether it's Fraeye or someone else.

Whatever his coaching qualities, Fraeye doesn't have the experience or gravitas for this situation. By all means keep him on as an assistant or coach, but we need someone more experienced above him, someone to inspire (and scare!) the players, organise them properly and get them fit and working harder.
  • He also singled out Tony Watt after MK – “it was like playing with 9 men.”

As pointed out the other day, he’s merely a male Katrien Meire.