Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The new world of deliveries..

edited November 2015 in Not Sports Related
What is the latest and earliest the new breed of delivery people (and the old ones) should come calling,

I just had an amazon delivery attacking ny door knocker like his life depended on it at 8:53pm tonight. I took him to task about it I can tell you. And had he woken my kid up I would have been even less impressed. He said take it up with Amazon, I said I'm taking it up with you thanks..

Had a Parcel Force one the other day which was just before 7am

There should be limits to these loons' activities

Comments

• Options
    Its a good question i agree.
  • Options
    Apparently they're (especially Amazon couriers) paid an absolute pittance, something like less than £1 per delivery and some even have to pay their own petrol. I know they chose to do the job etc. but I think that explains their hurry and desperation. Every second counts.
  • Options
    Would it have been preferable for him to leave it on your doorstep and walk away quietly.

Or leave it in the van for another day.
  • Options
    I sent the Asda bloke away a few weeks ago the cheeky twunt..
  • Options
    To be quite honest I would love that. Constantly having a nightmare with people only delivering in office hours, when clearly I can't be at home. Suppose I do just live with a flatmate rather than kids etc though.
  • Options
    My neighbours are always in.. Handy that
  • Options
    We do like a moan these days don't we?
    Blimey, I remember having to wait a week for something ordered.
    Now we get it next day,we have something else to moan about.
    Frankly I feel it is a miracle of modern logistics to get a CD on a Monday morning when I ordered it late after a lunchtime session on Sunday
  • Options
    21.55 last weekend. Two extended presses of the door bell. Would have argued with him but he couldn't speak English so no point.
  • Options
    Or, for small parcels - request delivery to workplace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My wifes pretty much keeping amazon in business, im up in the loft most of the time and damged my foot going up and down stairs so much.. :)
  • Options

Or, for small parcels - request delivery to workplace

Unless you are Mr Powell
  • Options
    Can always rely on @Clem_Snide :)
  • Options
    my wife shops with amazon and qvc and deliveries can be any time up to 10pm. Biggest problem is waiting in all day and it arrives late grrrrr
  • Options
    razil said:

I took him to task about it I can tell you.

Ease up, Maverick.

You'll be typing out a strongly worded email to Head Office next...

• Options
    It could be worse, if it was yodel the thing would have never turned up
  • Options
    tom- k said:

I ordered a laptop this year but then had to travel away for a funeral.
    Arrived home to find a note from the courier to say he kindly left the laptop in the bin. Obviously in that time the binmen had already been

How did you settle that?
  • Options
    I've a mate who delivers for Sainsbury's. He got a lot of abuse from a customer the other day for ringing his doorbell at 9:00pm and waking his kids up. The twat had specified that time slot! What's the driver supposed to do? Mind you the customer's mood was not improved any by the famous incompetence of the Sainsbury's shelf pickers: they'd substituted Kiwi shoe polish for Kiwi fruit....
  • Options
    The Asda guy told me I should answer the door quicker then refused to help bring the shopping in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we have a baby swing chair delivered a few weeks back, no one in so the guy left it leaning against the porch and put a card through the door actually saying 'left it leaning against the porch'

got home, took it inside and set it up and put baby in it.......then rang the company to tell them what the card said, said it had been nicked and so they sent a new one......bare in mind this swing was £120.

sold on ebay and made money back.

free chair ;)

you couldn't make it up
  • Options
    So you basically stole it? Nice one !

• Options
    Why is there no option on the Amazon website to select for earliest delivery and latest delivery?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Stig said:

Why is there no option on the Amazon website to select for earliest delivery and latest delivery?

They employ Meire as a consultant on customer relations?
  • Options
    And they wonder why the average Briton is obese!
  • Options
    Stig said:

I think there is if you have a Prime account

And they wonder why the average Briton is obese!

Because they nick baby seats ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Stig said:

I think there is if you have a Prime account
    yup
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    razil said:

I sent the Asda bloke away a few weeks ago the cheeky twunt..

that's fair enough though mate, he was having a shit in your drive way...
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'd prefer they delivered between 6am and 8:30am then between 5:15pm and 10pm.

But then if they came before 13:00 they could use the postal entry and store it in our large safe delivery chest (that we always add to the delivery instructions) it's in our communal hallway, but usually they leave a note on top of it saying they'll try again tomorrow, then the next day then it's in a delivery office 5 miles away...