Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Family Event in the West stand on ALL HOME GAMES (Well there's a supprise)

Another attempted for the club to hush the talks of a Protest...

Seriously? How long are us Charlton fans going to just let them piss over us like this?

We got the Valley back together, And we can get our club back Together, Don't sit and do nothing and let these twats ruin our fantastic club,

Take and stand... And lets make sure they %100 know how we feel!

Comments

• Interestingly they have yet to post it simultaneously on social media.
  • Gather after games instead?
  • Starts at 1.15 Will finish at 2.30
  • No families turn up to the event....... Will end pretty quick then
  • Why can't we have a protest after the game? Where all fans stay in the ground and refuse to move? They can't exactly move 2/3000 fans and we've paid to enter the stadium after all? We just need to get the media's attention, I think its clear by the club action they really dont want that hassle.... Its not hard for people to stay behind after the game a little longer

Bring your sleeping bags stay all night
  • I thought it used to finish at 1:30 which is daft admittedly

• I would move the protest to 3pm as it would have more effect with the ground missing a few, especially as I suspect a large group would attend any protest from the north upper? If they lock people out then all the better as it would likely attract media coverage. The players would understand and wouldn't be overly affected or bothered.
    This would also stick two fingers up at the smartar5e who organised the kids event to dampen the original plan.
  • razil said:

I thought it used to finish at 1:30 which is daft admittedly

That's because it was on the east concourse. It was always too early to be workable.
  • Sponsored links:

• On first glance it seems a good idea.

Some activities for kids, involving the Community Trust who know how to run these things, appealing to parent and children, might boost attendances or at least hold them at the same level. Might not either.

However......

The timing is just amazing. Not because there is a planned protest but because it is November. In England. Where is rains. Often. And it's a car park. With cars coming in and fans walking through to get somewhere.

And they are publicising it on the Wednesday before a game on Saturday. Great lead-in time.

Yes, it is to run all season so it's only one game but I wonder how many kids will be asking "Can we go and see the shouty men, please dad" or "mummy, what does wanker mean?"

Airman Brown, who isn't an apologist for this regime in case you haven't noticed, says this was planned BEFORE any protest was announced.

Good idea, poor execution, even worse timing

Don't let on as you'll spoil their surprise, but it's December, January and February up next too.
  • They're expecting families to turn up? Blimey they are optimistic.....
  • It finishes at 2.30. The protest starts at 2.30. Get the kids involved too!

And make sure they wear black & white.

NB Our Club now k/a Charlton Pathetic.

• Sponsored links:

• It really is 'us and them" isnt it... Im just so unfamiliar with that concept for our club that this keeps surprising me...

happy to be conflicting, happy to be confrontational... unwilling to accept any
  • Can't see many kids turning up....unless she ships them in from elsewhere.

Wouldn't do that would she?
  • The children will have to be sacrificed :-)
  • edited November 2015

Can't see many kids turning up....unless she ships them in from elsewhere.

Wouldn't do that would she?

Eurostar full of Belgian kids on its way.
    Can see it now."Supporters protest leaves Charlton supporting Syrian refugee children in tears at family day"
    "Charlton supporting Syrian refugee children" must be the most niche demographic of society I've heard all year !
  • Perhaps it would be kinder to let the kids have their session during the game?
  • Don't budge on the protest, because then they know we can be easily pushed about.

Get there at the same time and protest the way you would have anyway. Job done
  • I suppose if it all goes badly the support can be spun as attacking innocent children.