Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What if RD does invest?

2»

Comments

• I totally agree, perhaps he has now seen that and will address in Jan!

its all a learning curve, but nobody can possibly say we are worse of than with the chuckle bros.

Ah right, he might strengthen the squad in two months time, that's a relief.
  • I totally agree, perhaps he has now seen that and will address in Jan!

its all a learning curve, but nobody can possibly say we are worse of than with the chuckle bros.

Only a minor point, like a fact possibly?

On January 3rd 2013 when it was reported that RD had taken over we were in 19th place in the Football league Championship, and we had won 2 out of the last 10 league matches.

As of today we are in 23rd place in the Football League Championship and we have won none of the last 10 league matches.

We are a football club, and winning football matches is what counts, never mind bowling green pitches or a fourteen year old who might be the next Pele.

We are in a worse position as of this moment than we were under the chuckle brothers, ask any fan of any other club (and most of the fans of this one!).

• Ok you're right
  • What if Karel Fraeye goes on to be the next Brian Clough?

But he won't.

The same way RD will not invest properly into the club. I genuinely don't think relegation matters that much to him as it does to us fans.
  • colin1961 said:

How can you say not investing
    Financial records show he as invested around 22 mil just to keep the club going and on the ground ... A further investment of around 12 mill for the academy plus the 8 mill investment in the team plus wages ??

To say he not invested is wrong just not invested in spending millions on singe players , but who is there that would ?
    People are slagging the owners off but not one person has come up with a name who will buy him out ,because like last time no one put their money where their mouths was to save the club

To many supporters who joined the club in our premership years don't know about the struggles this club as been through let me tell you this is nothing .... We had a chairman who pulled the valley from under our feet and forced us to share with palace we had a chairman you enlisted an African gun runner to invest in the club ... Plus we were 15 mins from not having a club at all to support that Thursday outside the high court and back at the valley club was a day we will never forget ......... so no this is no where near any of these.

What would we do without you Colin
  • When Roland came to the Bolton game last season.
    I'm led to believe it's the only game he has been to.
    He rang katrien up from London and asked what was the best priced train ticket
    to get to CAFC. (a story told by katrien)
    He didn't get where he is by splashing the cash.
    When we struggled last season we had Johnson and Eagles on short term contracts to help keep us up.
    We are in a worst position now with everyone who is still fit, bereft of confidence and a smiley face man who won a prize in a raffle to be our interim head coach for a few months, now in charge.
    By the time we get to the next transfer window we could be doomed and we would only be able to attract players who are squad players ,who also won't be match fit.
    This is turning into our annus horribilis.
    Following on from the annus horribilis from last year when the Flemish folk first took over.
  • @colin1961 There's no point anyone explaining to you because you refuse to engage with anything outside of your own fantasy world.

• colin1961 said:

Financial records show he as invested around 22 mil just to keep the club going and on the ground ... A further investment of around 12 mill for the academy plus the 8 mill investment in the team plus wages ??

To say he not invested is wrong just not invested in spending millions on singe players , but who is there that would ?
    People are slagging the owners off but not one person has come up with a name who will buy him out ,because like last time no one put their money where their mouths was to save the club

To many supporters who joined the club in our premership years don't know about the struggles this club as been through let me tell you this is nothing .... We had a chairman who pulled the valley from under our feet and forced us to share with palace we had a chairman you enlisted an African gun runner to invest in the club ... Plus we were 15 mins from not having a club at all to support that Thursday outside the high court and back at the valley club was a day we will never forget ......... so no this is no where near any of these.

Run along now Colin.
  • Makes me wonder what would have happened had we got relegated in the 2013/14 season just after Roland took over.
    They got very lucky and it didn't happen.(still think Riga was overrated and it was only the fact that Powell had formed a half decent side saved us)
    At the time I remember thinking that this regime would work quickly to get us back.
    Not a chance!

Where we would be now is anyone's guess? Would they still be here? Would the club still be here?

Sliding doors I know, but if it had happened Would it have saved us two wasted years?

Think Powell was overrated that season personally.
  • colin1961 said:

Bloody hell, I have read this three times, and still keep agreeing with it, help me someone, I am agreeing with Colin. I know, it must be the onset of dementia, at 70, I cannot expect anything else
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

colin1961 said:

Bloody hell, I have read this three times, and still keep agreeing with it, help me someone, I am agreeing with Colin. I know, it must be the onset of dementia, at 70, I cannot expect anything else
    It depends what you mean by 'investing' and whether he'll ask for his loans back tomorrow (see Bolton) - but this is a 'better the devil you know' argument and I'm sympathetic with that given the previous cowboys.

It presumably means Colin learned from demanding Curbs was sacked, right?...
  • colin1961 said:

Well RD would say he is investing wouldn't he! How accurate is the figure for players? Seems excessive to me - smoke a mirrors via the network?

Look where his investing - all I keeping with his business plan of farming players and not much use to us if he sells them all as soon as they have played a few games for us!
    Even less useful if we are in League One and get less cash!

We also have shiney seats, new air con ( so essential to most of us) a screen that we could have lived without.

Has RD and KM built a solid team? Have we got a qualified manager? Is there a strategy for success? Are we losing fans by the blockload? Truth is they have failed to invest where it really matters

By the way are you on a retainer?