Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What if RD does invest?

edited November 2015 in General Charlton
How would people feel in the following scenarios?

If RD brings in a new manager and is advised that we have no option but to invest in order to stay up...

1. RD invests heavily towards players and we go down still?

2. RD invests nothing towards players and we scrape survival?

3. RD invests heavily in players and we make mid-table?

4. RD doesn't invest in players and we still make mid-table?

The last two are quite unlikely...

Comments

• IMO it will be something like:

1. He has to get our support, he will have tried to keep us up.
    2. We continue to dislike his ways, but are relieved to survive.
    3. Don't make me laugh - But i'd have to support him.
    4. Was it luck or actually a decent managerial appointment?
  • 1. His a dick should invest at the start of the season no half way through like last season
    2. He is still a tight fisted dick that got lucky
    3. Same as number 1
    4.Same as number 2
  • Dazzler21 said:

If RD brings in a new manager and is advised that we have no option but to invest in order to stay up...

1. It would be too late. He should have invested in the summer and if we go down, that's why.
    2. Repeat fr next season then. It will catch up with us eventually if this continues and we will be relegated.
    3. See 1.
    4. See 2.
  • Dazzler21 said:

The last three are quite unlikely.
  • @Nicholas i respect your views very much but i think you're wrong about the investment at the start of the season
    Nicholas said:

1. His a dick should invest at the start of the season no half way through like last season
    3. Same as number 1
    4.Same as number 2

Kashi
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Makienok
    Cebballos
    Diarra
    Ba
    New contracts for Cousins & JBG!

• I think he will strengthen the squad in January and we will finish top half
  • God, you are creepy !
  • @Nicholas i respect your views very much but i think you're wrong about the investment at the start of the season

Nicholas said:

1. His a dick should invest at the start of the season no half way through like last season
    3. Same as number 1
    4.Same as number 2

Kashi
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Makienok
    Cebballos
    Diarra
    Ba
    New contracts for Cousins & JBG!

Yes I agree there was but they forgot about the other 5 or 6 players we need as back up. The squad is way to thin. Even with no injuries the bench would look poor.
  • I totally agree, perhaps he has now seen that and will address in Jan!

its all a learning curve, but nobody can possibly say we are worse of than with the chuckle bros.
  • Sponsored links:

• I really hope your right. But it was the same last season. He bought in a few good quality players. But as soon as injuries and suspension took their toll we struggled. We signed more players in Jan and became a reasonably good team. If we had the squad at the start of the season who knows where we could have finished. His not learning from his mistakes and leaving us with such a small squad and reinforcing in Jan will not always work resulting in relegation.

The thing that bugs me is I still believe this league is not very good this year and if he would have invested in a squad rather then a first 11 we could easily be up there.
  • For me he has got to get rid of the wicked witch of the south east and I am pretty sure that ain't gonna happen.
  • Maybe thats his plan all along though, invest slowly and improve upon the last investment, maybe thats what he's up to with the managers too, until we get Marc Wilmots! Lol!
  • But after he let half the squad go we was down to nothing again. Besides a Crocked Igor and a crock Henderson. Jbg fair enough and a Unpredictable Watt.

Ha Wilmots more like roll mops.
  • It takes 2 months for all the fans to turn against him, it will take 2 months for him to win them back
  • We havnt scored a goal in nearly (what seems) two years and we are reported to be looking at Palace kid and Paul Taylor.
  • You've done well there @creepyaddick - an entire post from @Nicholas without a cunt, twat, fuck or wanker
  • It's a very big 'if' if Duchatelet invests. If Charlton scrape survival it changes nothing as to the overall flawed nature of the Duchatelet strategy and his general lack of interest in football success on the field.
  • Dazzler21 said:

IMO it will be something like:

1. He has to get our support, he will have tried to keep us up.

No way. No no way. He knew how thin our squad was last season and this season its the same thin shit with marginally better players.
  • He's not having any of my support at all unless he strengthens in numbers and quality massively next January/Summer granted we don't go down. If we go down then it's another story altogether.
  • Sponsored links:

• What if RD got KM on the Sofa Saturday and gave it to her fast and hard P45 that is
  • 1) Fuck off, I've had enough
    2) Fuck off, I've had enough
    3) Fuck off, I've had enough
    4) Fuck off, I've had enough
  • Why start now?
  • He does believe he's 'investing', that's the problem, through networking and his infamous youth policy. This his mandate and remit and it's what he's done everywhere else too, why now will he suddenly change? He's more likely to sell us for a pittance and leave the next owners with the debt for what he's not been able to accumulate back.
  • same like Standard lot of players i think 36 in 3 years only 4 or 5 good players rest goes to other clubs - money - money and money but 0% invest
  • I totally agree, perhaps he has now seen that and will address in Jan!

its all a learning curve, but nobody can possibly say we are worse of than with the chuckle bros.

Except Jiminez did seem to get football and bring the right people to the club he just didn't have the money to back it up. RD's money and Jiminez football knowledge may actually have made a good team!

• I have to agree financially right now we are better off than in the TJ & MS days...

Footballing wise, we are in the same position. Struggling in the championship.
  • Makes me wonder what would have happened had we got relegated in the 2013/14 season just after Roland took over.
    They got very lucky and it didn't happen.(still think Riga was overrated and it was only the fact that Powell had formed a half decent side saved us)
    At the time I remember thinking that this regime would work quickly to get us back.
    Not a chance!

Where we would be now is anyone's guess? Would they still be here? Would the club still be here?

Sliding doors I know, but if it had happened Would it have saved us two wasted years?