Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton skipper admits difficulties with constant managerial changes

2»

Comments

• I certainly don't believe there are "mercenaries". They want to perform. It's more a case that RD may have brought in players who find this league too tough. That does not make them wage packet mercenarys. We have just been found out big time. To say that they are mercenaries is just fucking bollocks as far I am concerned.
  • Ok AddickFC81 you are entitled to your opinion and mate I respect that but it doesn't make mine bollocks either but nobody can tell me that the likes of Reza are here because they want to be, this is where they have been shipped from the Network. With no affiliation except a pay packet what else does it make them?
  • Ok AddickFC81 you are entitled to your opinion and mate I respect that but it doesn't make mine bollocks either but nobody can tell me that the likes of Reza are here because they want to be, this is where they have been shipped from the Network. With no affiliation except a pay packet what else does it make them?

Reza's the only player left from the network. The rest apart from Makienok and McAleny signed long term contracts.

Are they really not trying or are they lacking confidence, need a proper manager and play in a team with a few more experienced and proven players?

Well the vast majority aren't.
  • I think what JJ says here is pretty much spot on, He is likely fed up with everything just as much as we are, Much respect for this guy

''Jackson, who is in the final year of his contract, was reluctant to talk about it.

He said: “I’m not going to say anything about any protests because it’s none of my business.

“Fans pay their money to come to watch us play and they’re entitled to their opinion so if that’s what they want to do, that’s what they do.

“I know this club and the people, I’ve built up a lot of good relationships since I’ve been here.

Share article

“I’m certain that come the whistle on Saturday, the fans will get behind the team.”

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt''

• OK maybe I overstated things a bit and I do agree with AddickFC81that they look under prepared, not at Championship standard and lacking confidence and from a spectator viewpoint that does often look like "not trying" . but when a (new) manager comes out and says "We competed for 60 minutes" I sit back and think well what about the other 30?

In any job if your place of work is badly managed and looking shaky, like we are now then your motivation levels drop, going the extra mile stops because you can't see the point. Then what happens is people start jumping ship always the best go first and you are left with those who are less talented and therefore find it harder to move meaning things just get worse sorry it is always the way. Absolutely no criticism of JJ from me but from where I sit right now I don't see many of the current squad "dying for the shirt" more like dying to get away and I don't blame them.
  • edited November 2015

OK maybe I overstated things a bit and I do agree with AddickFC81that they look under prepared, not at Championship standard and lacking confidence and from a spectator viewpoint that does often look like "not trying" . but when a (new) manager comes out and says "We competed for 60 minutes" I sit back and think well what about the other 30?

In any job if your place of work is badly managed and looking shaky, like we are now then your motivation levels drop, going the extra mile stops because you can't see the point. Then what happens is people start jumping ship always the best go first and you are left with those who are less talented and therefore find it harder to move meaning things just get worse sorry it is always the way. Absolutely no criticism of JJ from me but from where I sit right now I don't see many of the current squad "dying for the shirt" more like dying to get away and I don't blame them.

I didn't read Fraeye's comments as "everything's fine, we played well for 60 mins..."
    .....more like "we managed to keep them at bay for 60 mins and at 0-0 there's a chance of a point." Don't think he tried to dress it up as a good performance.

Confidence and fitness are major issues. Once fitness returns, then confidence might return too. If both of those return, then performances will improve. Whether performances will improve enough remains to be seen but who knows? It doesn't look likely but then again it didn't look likely the last time we were crap.
  • OK maybe I overstated things a bit and I do agree with AddickFC81that they look under prepared, not at Championship standard and lacking confidence and from a spectator viewpoint that does often look like "not trying" . but when a (new) manager comes out and says "We competed for 60 minutes" I sit back and think well what about the other 30?

Well ok, I reckon most players are NOT mercenaries. Chris Solly certainly ain't. Ok he hasn't been at his best for a while. Tbh he hasn't quite been the player he was since that long term injury following the two season he won POTY in Chrissy Powell's two full seasons in charge. It has slowed him down. But he does care. If there any mercenaries it's only a small number.
  • edited November 2015
    Sorry, wrong thread.....
  • Perhaps there is a bit of a clue in that phrase "signed long-term contracts"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Will the flats have a view of the pitch? If so, will they be discounted as a result? :wink:

Hopefully this is just all rumour and nothing else. We've heard murmurings of this nature before so fully appreciate the discontent this sort of thing brings.

Still, on the bright side, our murmurings were centred around a peninsula move as well so we may well be housemates in the future.

That'd be nice.

I think you've put this in the wrong post.
  • Will the flats have a view of the pitch? If so, will they be discounted as a result? :wink:

Hopefully this is just all rumour and nothing else. We've heard murmurings of this nature before so fully appreciate the discontent this sort of thing brings.

Still, on the bright side, our murmurings were centred around a peninsula move as well so we may well be housemates in the future.

That'd be nice.

I think you've put this in the wrong post.
    Typical, thick Millwall fans.

• edited November 2015

I certainly don't believe there are "mercenaries". They want to perform. It's more a case that RD may have brought in players who find this league too tough. That does not make them wage packet mercenarys. We have just been found out big time. To say that they are mercenaries is just fucking bollocks as far I am concerned.

Agreed. Mercenaries just isn't true I don't think.

The new players probably don't care too much about Charlton as a club, but they will care about their careers and winning games - and as long as something motivates them it's fine by me. Everyone likes a JJ/Chris Powell in the side, but can't expect it of some new foreign players who didn't know who we were a season or two ago.